Ships through Rose-Tinted glasses

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Ships through Rose-Tinted glasses

Post by Deltaflyer »

I recently downloaded the latest shiny sprites along with just about every other sprite ever released on the custom sprites section of the forum, and whilst I enjoyed only limited success with the shiny sections, with stock sections I found a veritable cornucopia of ideas to try and translate onto the screen. Here is the first such endeavour:

DOWNLOAD SHIP

I absolutely adore Cycerin's hexagonal sections, all of Kaelis' sprites and the creator of the large triangular ones, and found inspiration from old classic ships which had a massive array of weaponry to create this. However, I'm not quite sure on the repetition, and my current year-long addiction to a yellow-and-blue colour scheme is becoming slightly tedious to me. Comments and Critisism would be appreciated.

Update: 11th June 2011

A new one:

DOWNLOAD SHIP

Not quite as happy with this one. I gave up on depthing the machine guns on the winglets, and I dislike how it's just an empty circle.

--You will need the Shipmaker repack that is stickied at the top of the custom sprites forum to use these ships. Topic Link
Last edited by Deltaflyer on Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Ships through Rose-Tinted glasses

Post by jwa8402 »

Neat! Theres a number of sprites that I liked better pre sw, so glad to see you using them. I also like lots if weapons. Will there be a download? Where did you get that background?
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

Its included in TheBuilder's Shipmaker repack at the top of the custom sprites forum. I'm looking at making the ship more powerful than stock, so just editing the weapons and bullets right now. Will put up a download as soon as after that.
Not enough Delta in your life? Have a look at https://twitter.com/Deltabacon1 - I do a fair amount of casting and esports analysis which may appeal to some of you who are that way inclined!
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Post by kittenpillar100 »

Very nice! This is an excellent example of the potential of stock, sad people aren't using this style much anymore. Anyways, great work!

Also, on a side note, is that a devil's lockout strobe beam on that ship?
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

@Kittenpillar: Yep!

A new one:

DOWNLOAD SHIP

Not quite as happy with this one. I gave up on depthing the machine guns on the winglets, and I dislike how it's just an empty circle.
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Post by kittenpillar100 »

Another good ship! Not as beautiful as the previous one though, the front is a bit stumpy and the sides look a little bland.
Also about my earlier comment, Do you have all of the Devil's lockout weapons because I would love them! Now that the meta 1 forum is gone none of the custom sprites remain!
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

They are all included in the repack, stock and sw-style. Just about every sprite ever is in there apart from really newer ones.
Not enough Delta in your life? Have a look at https://twitter.com/Deltabacon1 - I do a fair amount of casting and esports analysis which may appeal to some of you who are that way inclined!