Something New

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

It was good the way it was. You've overdone it now. And blocky isn't necessarily bad.
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Re: Something New

Post by Kiltric »

Here is the latest. My main concern was fixing the rear, so I mainly want C&C on that. Please don't mind that the shields are still there as well as the PD I added, I've been playing with it and trying to balance a few things to metagame rules so those are there for function rather than aesthetic. I did however, change around some of the glows to try and even out the coloring a bit.

As for Imaillusion's question about purpose, I'll direct you to the name of the game. It is a battleship. If you want to be more specific, this one is designed to engage other battleships alone. The blue glows in the front are meant to be shield emitters which correspond to the shields, respectively. The outer struts support the heavy armor designed to protect the guts of the ship, including the power generation you suggestion to be a cargo hold or landing pad. That frame is the strongest part of the ship.
Attachments
Serition 2.1.PNG
Serition 2.1.PNG (192.45 KiB) Viewed 1621 times
AssassinVrxz
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by AssassinVrxz »

i have to ask, just because your view of a battleship opposes my view(something that should be very thick, heavily armored, and well armed). when the shields go down, the parts that have the triple guns there seem to me to be way too vulnerable and flimsy, and a well place shot would dissable them. don't get me wrong, its a work of art. and just ignore my stupid comment anyways.
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

i look at this and i love it and then suddenly i don't great colour scheme design shape etc the rear seems to be added on as an after thought though and maybe some more armor protection for the struts that hold those triple gun batteries

maybe split the rear into two and spread them apart as engine pods to be honest i have no right to suggest or criticise but i just feel like this has so much potential

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Slow down man, it'd help if you used punctuation and proper sentences.

As for the ship... if it's a battleship killer, it's going to need some much bigger guns. :?

I'd suggest tweaking the blue markings a bit too. Flat blue looks bad (try a lighter tone, but not too light), and the strips should probably be set to additive blending.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

sorry, im usually a good writer just completely shattered at the moment but i don't like sleeping its a waste of time, you spend something like 20 years of your life asleep, now lets say average life expectancy is 70 your only really living 50 years of that.
sorry to go off topic by the way.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

but i agree BIGGER guns, HUGE i tell you!

LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

On the note of bigger guns, you've made two good gunwales at the front and and back of the ship. It's almost begging for a custom turret there.

The blue glow on the front of the ship are better than the orange that was previously there.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

I've made something new using Shiny sections.

I call it Magellan, though that was just off the top of my head.

Go easy, I'm rather rusty.

Edit: Thanks Anna, I knew I was forgetting something. It's now at default zoom.
Attachments
Magellan.png
Last edited by Kiltric on Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Please remember to take screenshots at default zoom with Shipmaker not maximised... otherwise, it looks okay. Not fantastic, but still pretty good. There are a few things about it that bug me, but I'm not in the mood to go into an in-depth critique, and a lot of it would just be minor nitpicking anyways.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Kiltric
Captain
Captain

Post by Kiltric »

With the mini-tournament indefinitely (probably) on hold, I thought I'd get feedback on the look of the ships I made for it.

Tuchax, the Cruiser, and Limatous, the Corvette.

Edit: Also, I noticed I never really got any comments on the Magellan two posts up, so C&C still welcome on that as well.
Attachments
Tuchax.PNG
Tuchax.PNG (18.73 KiB) Viewed 1436 times
Limatous.PNG
Limatous.PNG (4.82 KiB) Viewed 1436 times
LongcatX
Commander
Commander
Location: behind you, oh wait, im behind you again ...watching you...

Post by LongcatX »

i feel as if the middle sections on the cruiser are too dark...
i am 93.6665% pure randomness.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

While prepping for the tournament I greatly enjoyed fighting the Tuchax. While its not the most attractive ship, it was certainly a brawler.