Random acts of violence with Shipmaker

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Star Wreck: Thats no moon!

Post by jwa8402 »

You hate me don't you :lol: As I was skimming screenshots I saw that and thought 'No, they wouldn't...' guess I jinxed myself. But I did almost finish the one above it...
Racecarlock
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Racecarlock »

for object EShipDeployer:

Error in code at line 11:
obj.speed = l_special2

at position 10: Cannot assign to the variable

Star Destroyers can't deploy their fighters. Intensify the forward firepower! *Boom*
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Well if someone knows specifically what causes that I would be grateful to hear it, but in my current version fighters have been temporarily removed cuz of other problems. So I'm a day or two away from being able to release it but do you want me to wait until the Death Star is finished or just release it now? I've added several dozen ships already.
mato9020
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by mato9020 »

The download for the ships on filesmelt didnt work is there another link u can post to download it?
FULL SPEED AHEAD
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

erm, which ships are you talking about? Mine are all uploaded to the forum server here. You mean Arcanedude's halo ships? Don't remember which page their on so I'll have to go look, but if their not and hes not around, I can reupload them to the forum probably. I'm going to fix the first post so all this is much easier...
mato9020
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by mato9020 »

FULL SPEED AHEAD
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Oh gawd, that ship? Well I probably have it somewhere but I'll have to dig it out from the network cuz its sure not on my computer. I might try rebuilding it though.

Just finished a Mimbari Sharlin cruiser. I'm experimenting with retexturing some sprites for it like I did for the shadows, whitestar, and Vorlons. Might post it late tonight or tomorrow depending on how quickly that goes.
mato9020
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by mato9020 »

lol im assuming its abad ship
FULL SPEED AHEAD
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Meh, just old, and I ignored alot of good advice...

Anyway, a rough attempt at a Mimbari cruiser...Still gotta swap a few sections out like the ugly blank ones in back but I'm much too tired right now.
Attachments
SMscreen025.png
mato9020
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by mato9020 »

cool. how big are the ships?
FULL SPEED AHEAD
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

I have no idea what's up with the ship deployer thing.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Have you tried the usual fixes jwa, i.e. reselecting the ship to be deployed, checking for mirroring problems, etc.? If you haven't already done so, deleting and replacing the deployers might be the easiest way.
That said, which ship is the problem, I haven't really been paying attention but if the .sb4 is there I take a look and see if I can find/fix the problem.
Racecarlock
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Racecarlock »

Bad Boy wrote:Have you tried the usual fixes jwa, i.e. reselecting the ship to be deployed, checking for mirroring problems, etc.? If you haven't already done so, deleting and replacing the deployers might be the easiest way.
That said, which ship is the problem, I haven't really been paying attention but if the .sb4 is there I take a look and see if I can find/fix the problem.
Star Destroyer and Super Star Destroyer and Rebel Nebulon B frigate. I can send them all. Make sure you have installed star wreck and the custom sprites. Otherwise you're going to get a whole lot more errors.
Attachments
Rebel Nebulon B Frigate.sb4
(9.32 KiB) Downloaded 248 times
Imperial Super Star Destroyer.sb4
(58.55 KiB) Downloaded 258 times
Imperial Star Destroyer.sb4
(25.26 KiB) Downloaded 244 times
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Strange, I got no errors at all. I used the default star wreck ships and I opened and saved your sb4s without problem. If you'd like to post up your shp files as well I can see if I get the errors at all.
The errors happened with jwa's ships right? You didn't open and resave the .sb4 or anything right?
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

The only error I get has, I think, to do with trying to make player controlled ships launch AI controlled fighters. I think I kept the wrong version is all. Anyway, I've deleted all the ship deployers though I may try putting them back on in a bit to see if that clears it. This happened with all my ships though, not just the star destroyers so I think its a different error.

The problem I am having though, is that in game the shields are showing up. I double checked in shipmaker and they are set as additive and are invisible there. Is there a visual setting I need to change? I reinstalled so not sure I got everything the way it was...