DSTech Corp - Shipyard <Updated 9/16/09>

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

DSMK2
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

DSTech Corp - Shipyard <Updated 9/16/09>

Post by DSMK2 »

Welcome to DSTech Corp

Ship Listing:

Corvette Class

Attacker Corvette

Armament(s):
2x Light Blasters
Desc:
Basic DSTech Corvette chassis upgraded for handling, low damage rapid fire blasters make this ship fit a harassment role.
Defender Corvette
Armaments(s):
2x Point Defense Lasers
2x Rotatory Flak
1x Impeder array
1x Gravbeam array
Desc:
Basic DSTech Corvette chassis fitted for a defensive role. Made to protect ships from drone attacks and ballistics, as well as the typical dangers of space (meteors, asteroids). Commonly found supporting corvette squadrons.

Missiler Corvette

Armament(s):
16x Mini Missiles
Desc:
Basic DSTech Corvette chassis fitted for a fire-support role. Continuous firing of dumb fire missiles make this ship deadly in groups. Extra engines allow for the faster delivery of firepower.
Bomber Corvette
Armament(s):
8x Torpedoes
Desc:
Basic DSTech Corvette chassis fitted for a anti-capital ship role. Extra engines allow for the faster delivery of firepower.

Restrictor Corvette

Armament(s):
1x Repeating EMP Cannon
Desc:
A basic DSTech Corvette chassis stripped down, modular design allowed for the main hull to be replaced with a single cannon. This version's cannon continuously fires magnetically charged particles that disables ship subsystems. More effective en-masse.

Sniper Corvette

Armament(s):
1x ER Railgun
Desc:
A basic DSTech Corvette chassis stripped down, modular design allowed for the main hull to be replaced with a single cannon. This version's cannon is a modified railgun designed to fire a projectile at high speeds over great ranges, its comparable to starbase railguns in range and speed. Geared towards destroying enemy ship subsystems.
Frigate Class

Force Attack Frigate

Armament(s):
2x Dual Rapid Particle Rifles
4x Scatter beams
1x Force Plasma Cannon
6x Point Defense Lasers
Desc:
This frigate design was built around the Force plasma cannon, which can instantly disintegrate ship sections, but has a long reload time for cooling. It can deliver ample firepower to the battlefield with its other weapons.
Capital Ship Class

Judgment High-Mobility Super-Destroyer

Armament(s):
1x Judgment Super Laser
2x High-Laser Cannon
2x Dual Rapid Cooling Railgun
8x Rapid Particle Cannons
32x Advanced HVR
4x Point Defense Lasers
20x Rotatory Flak
6x Deflectors
Desc:
Primary super-destroyer of DSTech Corp. This super-destroyer is built around the Judgment Super Laser. The twin large thrusters in the front provide fast acceleration incomparable to most other ships of its class. Multiple smaller side boosters allow the ship to quickly change position. A large radar system on top of the ship can detect enemy ships over a large distance, and provide targets for the Advanced HVR array. For general long distance battles, the dual railguns are used to soften up and bombard enemy targets. If the enemy gets too close, the eight rapid particle cannons deliver continuous fire, while the high-laser cannons can quickly melt through enemy hull. This ship is typically used as a rallying point for DSTech Corp forces.
Last edited by DSMK2 on Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:33 am, edited 6 times in total.
Silver Swordsman
Commander
Commander

Post by Silver Swordsman »

I think you need some color on that. It's just a jumble of grey.
If admirals hate and trash your ships,
If you can't get it right;
Then off you go, but don't call quits;
Just go make custom sprites.

Solare:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4858
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

I like these ships, they are simple, plain, and look like they mean business. Wonderfully militaristic.

The only real qualm is on the Super Destroyer the Main Turret circle is rather blurred, probably just from it rotating or something, but it still detracts from the rest of the ship.
DSMK2
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by DSMK2 »

Silverware wrote:I like these ships, they are simple, plain, and look like they mean business. Wonderfully militaristic.

The only real qualm is on the Super Destroyer the Main Turret circle is rather blurred, probably just from it rotating or something, but it still detracts from the rest of the ship.
Its a rotating radar disk, updated with a GIF, sorry for the frame skip!
unsunghero10
Commander
Commander

Post by unsunghero10 »

It looks like a 2d platform, but a really detailed 2d platform.
The modules need recoloring, and the front fork doesn't look depthed right.

Compared to other ships, this is minimalistic.
There are some very good minimalist artist out there...
:D

EDIT: talking about the capital, the others are great.
Lurk more
Darksoul
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Darksoul »

Someone plays Cortex Command, Me thinks. Or at least browses the Forums.

Aside from that, I think the ships look pretty good. I can't really speak from experience about how to make them better, but I don't see any major flaws.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Darksoul wrote:Someone plays Cortex Command, Me thinks. Or at least browses the Forums.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4526
You think? :roll:

Anyhow, so that this post isn't spam, I'll re-say what I said on IRC.
Nice custom sections.
derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

IMO I think that the pointbeams are too close together. Otherwise, superb ships.
goduranus
Captain
Captain

Post by goduranus »

hey it's DSMK2, I remember those awesome mechs you made.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

DSMK2, Please check your PM.
DSMK2
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by DSMK2 »

Updated with 2 new ships and changed some sprites on my Super-Destroyer.

EDIT:
Now I think the particles look ugly.
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

I think you should expand the frigates wings just slighty, They appear flatter than front.
Forgetting internet deadlines since 2003
DSMK2
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Re: DSTech Corp - Shipyard <Updated 9/16/09>

Post by DSMK2 »

-- Necro --

Long story short, I got bored and decided to revisit BSF. Dug out the sprites for my super-destroyer, reassembled it, and am now slowly converting each section into the SW style. How does it look so far? I'm getting the itchy feeling I've messed up.

I've went and ditched the rotary flaks and replaced them with a bunch of Enhanced ER Mining lasers:
Forty four of them in total! Kinda nice if the ship manages to get close enough and broadsiding it's target. In place of the missing PDs I've stuck in soon-to-be side thruster housing that serves as a platform for the modified particle guns. They work to some degree. I'm having problems with the laser point bay doors though, I've set them so they open when the weapon acquires it's target, off then they hit their move target, then close when they lose their target, off when they hit their origin, it's not working 100% sometimes it works, sometimes it remains open, etc.

Though playing against one of the old metagame factions, I'm hit with a problem: My ship is too simple compared to the multi-section warships, thus once it loses a entire arm, that entire array of weapons is gone, should I remedy this with the current arm sections being coverings for internals? Or should I just redo the arms and center? That's probably up to me.

[EDIT:]
I have yet to add in the repeating rail guns.

Any comments?
Attachments
JudgementNew.png
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

How does it look so far? Flat, low-detail, very, very boring. SWA-style is not meant to be covered in massive flat areas of a single shade. It looks even less interesting than stock sections. And frankly, you shouldn't have really shown it until you'd converted all the sections, because with a mix of bad SWA style and stock sections it just looks ugly beyond words.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
DSMK2
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by DSMK2 »

Oog. That was the response I was looking for, I'd have to play around with adding in the small details, which I find it hard to do on large pieces without making it look overcrowded. Lazy conversions fail...