For the bots

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

For the bots

Post by Doogie12 »

I have decided to be the last person that ever posts a ship here. If someone posts something else, I will one up them. To remind you all how good I am.

This is the way.

Oh also I made a thiccboi. Shipmaker has always been a bit trickier to make ships that are really, REALLY, solid looking. So I did that.

I pulled out almost every trick I've learned making this guy. While it isn't my biggest, it's certainly up there.
Might also do a "greatest hits" post to satiate my own vanity.
naysayers will be shot
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Re: For the bots

Post by Anna »

Oh motherfucker, I was fucking around with Shipmaker a bit a few weeks ago but then decided "eh, not feeling it" and now you go and do this and lay down a challenge like this and I feel the need to reclaim my throne again.

This is one chunky boi. You did a really good job working with some of the blockier sections that i have had trouble using effectively in the past. I really dig it!
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

Beautiful.

I can quite clearly picture that taking thuddy, heavy hits and carrying on forwards. It just looks mean and tough and versatile. Again, using large blocky sections which I've struggled with in the past in the way that you have is, as Anna says, a very good job.

I don't vibe -too- heavily with the armour plating on the central engine, it seems to break a little bit from the theme of the rest of the vessel, since the armour just out there as opposed to being tightly fitted to the hull but that's more my personal preference.

Great job!
Not enough Delta in your life? Have a look at https://twitter.com/Deltabacon1 - I do a fair amount of casting and esports analysis which may appeal to some of you who are that way inclined!
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

For the maybe 0.5 of you that haven't seen me post this on discord yet, I kind of re-imagined the Hestia. Then made it big.

It has all the same armaments, with the exception of two particle gun on the wing sections because it looked better. It's OP as fuck because I like explosions, and has an invisible fitted shield with the bubbleshield build that glows yellow when hit. Might try an idea I had later, but not now.

The teamstripes are the in-game player colors, by the way.
naysayers will be shot
bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

It's the nth time I've looked at it, but it's still as amazing as it was the first time I saw it.

This ain't made in BSF, but here's my contribution for the bots to ogle:
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Bien That is amazing! I've been trying to design a Hestia in 3d and of course a lot of it had to be artistic license. I imagined the wings down-swept a bit but the star destroyer trenches work great!

Doogie, you are an artist with this stuff. I hated working with those sections precisely because they didn't always blend well. You not only made them work but created a cool hestia design.

Also, that is a worthy goal. This is the way.
bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

jwa8402 wrote:Bien That is amazing! I've been trying to design a Hestia in 3d and of course a lot of it had to be artistic license. I imagined the wings down-swept a bit but the star destroyer trenches work great!
Thanks! I did in fact remodel the 3d Hestia a bit. It's a break from being exactly a Hestia's silhouette. It's also mirrored vertically, so sweeping the wings would have been a challenge. That does give me ideas for the Hecate, however.