Some ships made by somebody who refuses to use customs.

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Lovecraftia
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Location: The edge of reality, a soul bound to the flat plane of creation.

Some ships made by somebody who refuses to use customs.

Post by Lovecraftia »

I refuse to use custom sprites and the like, that being said. here is a ship i made. (NOTE: i make ships with their core showing (most of them) so bare that in mind. also constructive criticism is appreciated because i'm new to this.
We are a force of peace, of logic and unity. Where advancement tears other societies apart, our focus of technology and eliminating our fallacies has brought us together. We are not living, we are not biological, we are machine, but even machines are alive. - Xeelee High counselor Quret nuveo.

I have not fallen...
Lovecraftia
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Some ships made by somebody who refuses to use customs.

Post by Lovecraftia »

Ugh, I still Cannot find out how to find the BFScreen files to upload an image of the ship on...

Does anyone still read this? :p
We are a force of peace, of logic and unity. Where advancement tears other societies apart, our focus of technology and eliminating our fallacies has brought us together. We are not living, we are not biological, we are machine, but even machines are alive. - Xeelee High counselor Quret nuveo.

I have not fallen...
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

I posted in the other thread this but I'll do it in some detail here. This is, I think, a better way of doing things in general than the built-in screenshots.

With your shipbuilder up, go into whatever the preview mode is called. Leave the screen there.
On your keyboard there is the "Print Screen" button somewhere (abbreviated Prt Sc on a lot of keyboards). Press it. It will copy an image of the entire screen to your clipboard.
Open any image editing software (Photoshop, MS Paint, etc.) and paste the image from your clipboard to it.
Crop the photo however you like. Save it as a .png or .jpeg afterwards.
Upload that photo to whatever image host sites you like, this is a good example of one.
Post the embedded image here on the forums using the "[img]" function.

After that simply pray that someone replies, since it looks like everyone migrated out years ago.
naysayers will be shot
Zalausai
The Tutorialist
The Tutorialist

Post by Zalausai »

Lovecraftia wrote:Ugh, I still Cannot find out how to find the BFScreen files to upload an image of the ship on...

Does anyone still read this? :p
I did not expect to find activity here after all these years. . . let alone someone actually new.
I will attempt to help you.

Taking screenshots:
Press F9 and the cursor will change to a plus. Click and drag the area to capture as a screenshot.
Press CTRL + F9 will take a screenshot of the entire window.
Format is PNG by default. You can open and save this as a JPG using most paint programs if you choose, as Doogie12 said.

The screenshots are located in the game's main folder, in another folder named "SMScreenshots"
Ex: C:/Games/Battleships Forever/SMScreenshots
Your file path may vary from the example above, but the subfolder is still the same.

If you need instructions, the shipmaker has a manual. Open it by pressing F1. It contains most common shortcuts.
Has written a series of tutorials for the newbies
Zalausai's Tutorial Index

Created: Elements of Discord, Heaven's Grace, and Hell's Last Battalion.

I stop in from time to time to check in on the community. Though I don't spend much time with shipmaker anymore.
Proud parent since: 8/15/2013 (Baby Boy)

Good shipbuilders never die . . . they just fade away.
Lovecraftia
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Lovecraftia »

Ah, thanks.

I found this game years ago, but I guess I didn't actually get it until about two years ago.

Let it be said, that good games never truly die, they fade into obscurity until someone discovers their magic once more.

I have not fallen...
Lovecraftia
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Lovecraftia »

The main problem is I literally can't find the file smscreenshots, and for some odd reason whenever I look in Battleships Forever it literally is not there.

I have not fallen...
Lukasmah
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Lukasmah »

That's odd. The screenshots should be there. But if the inbuilt screenshot function doesn't work, maybe you could use some external screen capture tool?
"Quotes posted on the internet are hard to verify."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lovecraftia
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Lovecraftia »

Lukasmah wrote:That's odd. The screenshots should be there. But if the inbuilt screenshot function doesn't work, maybe you could use some external screen capture tool?
Likely, I'll try to find one.

I have not fallen...