Nostalgia

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Definitely_Not_Pyrophage
Ensign
Ensign

Nostalgia

Post by Definitely_Not_Pyrophage »

I've been messing with shipmaker after a few(4-5?) years away and wanted to show off some of my recent work. It's a little sad that the forums are slowing down, but hopefully the people left appreciate the ships. As always I'm interested in hearing comments and critique so I can improve.

This is the first ship I made since I've returned from hiatus. I'm reasonably happy with it but I've never found a way of creating functional weapons that fit the SHN theme.

An asymmetric ship in a similar style, in the future I'd love to figure out how to set triggers again so i could animate those hatches in the middle opening up to launch missiles submarine-style. Also not THRILLED with the bottom armor, but I'll have to live with that for now.

Another exercise in asymmetry, I re-purposed the core from the ship above as a template and built out in a different direction. I think this it worked out pretty well, I actually like it a fair bit better than it's parent, but they less visually distinct than I'd like. I'm not sure if I'll leave it or revisit it so it borrows less from my earlier designs.

Just a cute little gunboat. (I've noticed I seem to like making my gunboats look like crabs, lol)

Finally a more organic ship in Vaporwave colors b/c one of my friend was making something in the same theme at the time. I'm pretty happy with some of the internal greebling, in particular.

Anyway thanks for taking a look! If you see room for improvement I'd love to hear it! (also just checked the forums and it looks like I accidentally posted a draft of this as well... oh well, it's gone now)
Lovecraftia
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Location: The edge of reality, a soul bound to the flat plane of creation.

Re: Nostalgia

Post by Lovecraftia »

That's some amazing asymmetry there, I'm testing my hand at it later today and I'll post it if you'd like.

As for improvement... eh, I can't say because I'm the newb here, but they look good in my opinion if that helps!
We are a force of peace, of logic and unity. Where advancement tears other societies apart, our focus of technology and eliminating our fallacies has brought us together. We are not living, we are not biological, we are machine, but even machines are alive. - Xeelee High counselor Quret nuveo.

I have not fallen...