First few ships

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Magolor
Cadet

First few ships

Post by Magolor »

I decided to make a few ships,but they aren't exactly gems so I don't think a download will be needed, but I might as well upload some pictures.
SMscreen045.png
SMscreen045.png (5.89 KiB) Viewed 14912 times
A small little frigate I made in my spare few minutes
SMscreen050.png
SMscreen050.png (3.63 KiB) Viewed 14912 times
Another one,this one my actual first ship.
SMscreen046.png
SMscreen046.png (5.55 KiB) Viewed 14912 times
A little destroyer thingy.

SMscreen051.png
Some little heavy cruiser I made (recently discovered i had accidentally created this ship with 5 layers of itself pasted on top of it,noticed how because it almost covered itself in deflector shields in a combat test)

For the ships with the guns under the sections,sometimes one will spawn with the gun under the ship completely,any help for this?
Praise Jarool.
Lukasmah
Commodore
Commodore

Re: First few ships

Post by Lukasmah »

Not bad. The bits of the core on the first one that are sticking out are kinda weird and the third one is too dark, but not bad. The sectionwork is mostly decent, though the general shape of the second and third one is kinda meh. The weapon placement isn't bad, either, and they aren't clogged. Personally, I kinda like the first one.

As for the weapon depthing thing, I assume it's a bug. Sadly, can't help you there.
"Quotes posted on the internet are hard to verify."
-Abraham Lincoln
gerryLee
Ensign
Ensign

Post by gerryLee »

Hi there just like you im new here i have the same problem as yours. Do you know how to figure it out already? hope you can share it with me if you have figure it out. Thanks in advance.
Policy does not state pepper spray is prohibited.
CryoSleep
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by CryoSleep »

If your having problems with weapon depthing, don't depth it before you mirror it, depth it after you mirror it, also if it you did made that mistake, just delete all the weapons and modules then replace them with new ones then your fine.
Creations
Cryoware Enterprises, where ideas go
Cryoware Heavy Yards, Heavy ships
Delphinus Gulf Wars (Formerly War for the Universe)
Coalition of Terra
Quote of the occasion: It takes one man to change the world
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

These are some decent stock ships. As said, that first one is really good for some reason. Something you might try to do at some point is playing around with colours to try and give your ships an even better look.
Quite frankly I wonder why I ever began making ships for this. You see, my work never becomes quite as good as I feel it deserves to.