HorseMonster Spaceships

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Nutcase
Captain
Captain

Post by Nutcase »

Why planetary bombardment with a huge railgun when a missile barrage would be much more effective?
Not to mention that nukes from orbit would be pretty much a doomsday weapon regardless of velocity.
HorseMonster
Commander
Commander

Post by HorseMonster »

Thank you for that Nutcase, if you hadn't made that point I would have done so myself. Missiles are pretty great, but who the hell wants to bombard a from orbit planet anyway?

Also I present this as the alternative radiator arrangement for the Indefatigable.

Nutcase
Captain
Captain

Post by Nutcase »

Nice.
Bit bulkier (As it's supposed to be. It is a cruiser).

About the who would go orbital on a planet: Anyone with common sense, a ship in orbit and resistance on the ground.

Having a single ship in the orbit of a planet would be the space age equivalent of holding x million people at gunpoint.
Pretty good for diplomacy. (Read: Blackmailing them dry.)
HorseMonster
Commander
Commander

Post by HorseMonster »

I am back from my absence due to moving from home back to not-home and have got my internet (and seemingly everyone else in the goddamned world's internet) working so here are some spaceships for which I will provide words and a download pretty soon.

Literally a cheap knock-off of the Indefatigable built by the USDL when it turned out that actually big spaceships with lots of guns can actually be of some use and that ideas like "But how does interplanetary superiority protect our interests here on the planet?" and "Oh it's just the silly AANC trying to show off, we all know they are just backward savages really." aren't particularly helpful.

USDL spaceplane, kind of like the AANC unavoidable except not.
derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

I like the colors of the new ships. Makes them better targets.

IMO I think that the alternative radiator arrangement on the Indefatigable is much better.
HorseMonster
Commander
Commander

Post by HorseMonster »

I was feeling Very Taiidan today so I started making a spaceship out of a new set of sections I made and had been meaning to make for a while (Such as new hugeass rocket nozzles which I'm sure everyone will love once I put up an updated download).

The problem I had was that I can't, for the life of me, come up with a satisfactory bridge layout. The odd placement of the "secondary" engines is literally just due to it looking cool. Placing the engines like that would almost certainly suck shit really.

Also I am now actually using that radiator layout as the actual layout for the Indefatigable.
Nutcase
Captain
Captain

Post by Nutcase »

Interesting ship. Could be a bit spikier.
Kind of reminds me of a Taiidan HC. But with less turrets.
Don't you have stuff to do?
Ya know. The important things.
HorseMonster
Commander
Commander

Post by HorseMonster »

Some totally unrelated stuff I made when I didn't have the internet a while back.

HorseMonster
Commander
Commander

Post by HorseMonster »

I hate to double post, but I put a front on the yellow thing. It looks kind of odd though. Can anyone advise me on what to do with it?

I kind of wonder how it would look in green 'n grey.
Nutcase
Captain
Captain

Post by Nutcase »

Looks better than the previous one. But I'd make the spikes(Or whatever they are) in the back a bit thinner.
Is the thing in the centre a turret or some sort of bridge?
Don't you have stuff to do?
Ya know. The important things.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Looks like a Taiidan Corvette, I might suggest removing the turrets on the corners of the bits that stick out of the sides at the back, poor explination of where i know, but i can't think exactly how to explain where better.
They just look like clutter to me, Still I like this new style of yours, follow it up, I think larger ships in that style would be rather cool.
Grizzle
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Grizzle »

These things:

Well, IMHO the angles don't really look that good. Perhaps bundling them on top or affixed to the side horizontally would be how I would approach that. Or maybe making them at the same angle? All in all, however, love the work. Actually quite realistic, so to speak.

I'm a fan of green and gray! They were my childhood heroes...
HorseMonster
Commander
Commander

Post by HorseMonster »

This is the arrangement I went for in the end. All in all I find the general outcome of putting this ship together to be unsatisfactory, whilst I think all of the sections are perfectly acceptable, and I think my turrets are lovely I don't think that I managed to assemble them in a pleasing way.

Oh well, I guess I'll do something different then.
Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

It has a nice shape but i feel it has to much yellow.. the orange has a nice contrast effect. Another thing, the back thruster seems far to out there to me, because think about it a ship could take out a huge part of your propulsion by shooting the fuel line for the thruster. In turn causing the leaked fuel to detonate from the other 2 thrusters. :?

Its a great ship though.
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

Hmm, I agree with the rear thruster point. Also, personally, I think the whole ship has become a bit to cluttered by the latest version. I think the section usage on your first incarnation was the best, and I also like the turret placement on the second verson.