Gunmax - Anna's Random Ship Repository

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Re: Gunmax - Anna's Random Ship Repository

Post by Anna »

R0ni wrote:
Anna wrote:I've been working on something new. It's pretty close to finished, but I'm gonna stop messing with it for the moment, so here's a teaser:
Spoiler!
( ⊙ ▂⊙) Now that is some alien ship! I love the shield like thingies and the overall exotic look of it, though there are some lacking areas too - mostly the wings. Counting in that this is non finished product, can't critique on that much. Even for non finished, it is better than any finished product of mine - or most ships here overall.

Still not beating Doogie though..
How do you think the wings are lacking, may I ask? Any suggestions for how to improve them? I'm all ears for constructive criticism or ideas on where to go from here.

Also, no need to rub salt in the wound, dude. I'm self-conscious enough about Doogie's superior skills as it is.

EDIT: Added stuff from previous page.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

Well there's not much to criticize until its fully coloured but atm the shields and light colours work great.
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081
Anna

Post by Anna »

It is actually fully coloured. I was planning on leaving the ship mostly grey, with a few blue sections, and have most of the colour come from the glows and shields.

EDIT: I might change that plan if enough people think I should
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

in that case I think that there should be more blue's around the front and back of the ships main body.
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081
Anna

Post by Anna »

Like this, perhaps?
Spoiler!
Ugh, I actually really hate having the big curvy bits coloured. I might just try to put on a few blue plates or something.
Quality Control Enforcer
STARSTRUCK

Post by STARSTRUCK »

I like it better now. This much color seems about ideal for this ship.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

I like. Except that I never had those hexagon sprites and I'm jelouse.
naysayers will be shot
Anna

Post by Anna »

Well you'll have them once I post a download for this baby. :lol:
Quality Control Enforcer
R0ni
Captain
Captain

Post by R0ni »

How do you think the wings are lacking, may I ask? Any suggestions for how to improve them? I'm all ears for constructive criticism or ideas on where to go from here.

Also, no need to rub salt in the wound, dude. I'm self-conscious enough about Doogie's superior skills as it is.

EDIT: Added stuff from previous page.
Here it is where my ability to word things in greater detail into english emerges, but I shall try. I first point that I absolutely like this ship - and see it near perfect. I have to really look for something to critique and even then its nothing big. You can completely dismiss it therefore.

(ಠ_ృ)o
SWSship.png
In the near godly ship of yours, these two blocks presented in the image with red markers don't just quite seem to fit there. The one in the middle stands out very strongly (perhaps meant to appear as if it was higher than rest?) and it seems to have no function for intre.. i... *quickly goes to check google translate* integrity of the wing. It more like seems just something that has been planted there just cause. Perhaps this could be replaced by some other block that fits better to the support structure and overall wing shape?

The second block in the end of the ship's wing also stands out quite strongly as if it was just clued there. I suppose it is meant to appear as some covering structure for that important looking glowy thing and if so, that it does - but it does not seem to stand on any support itself. The gap between the block and central structure of the wing adds contrast to it.

Again pointing out that its not a big deal and your ship's god level is ~9001, but pointing out further (hehe) that if this could be somewhat fixed, maaayybe this ship would be near if not equal to Doogie's latest ships. ( ^ u^)

Better?
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

@Roni, tis okay. I remember the days where I was super annoying and Anna cracked his fiery wip at me.
@Anna, Roni's diagram actually has a point. I think the smaller area where he circled should actually be blue along with the rest of the ship. It breaks up the grey a lot and nicely contrasts with the pinkish energy coil thingamajigs.
naysayers will be shot
R0ni
Captain
Captain

Post by R0ni »

Hmm, did not think about changing the color. Might actually do the job... ( o .O)o
And Doogie has been annoying in some distant past? Impossibruuu!
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

I was 14 when I first joined the forums, Roni.
And yes, I was very annoying.
naysayers will be shot
Anna

Post by Anna »

I think you're both completely wrong and here's a picture to show you how completely wrong you are:

If you tell me that's an improvement and mean it I will eat my hat. The previous colour of the section helped blend it with the one below it. This just looks odd and disjointed. I will work on the wings and try to improve them, but I do not think this is the solution.
Quality Control Enforcer
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Hmm, theres this new section in between now. Personally, I think that's the problem here. All of these are just minor nitpicks anyways, the ship's great.
naysayers will be shot
Anna

Post by Anna »

Doogie12 wrote:Hmm, theres this new section in between now. Personally, I think that's the problem here. All of these are just minor nitpicks anyways, the ship's great.
That new section was my attempt to fix R0ni's complaint about the back plate over the coil looking like it was connected to the rest of the thing. A critique I disagreed with by attempted to fix anyway.

Great isn't good enough. I won't be happy until I reclaim my goddamn throne.
Quality Control Enforcer