HorseMonster Spaceships

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

seiya
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by seiya »

HorseMonster wrote:
Danny420Dale wrote:That looks schw33t. Wonder what it would look like in Eldar colors? Shape is already dead-on. :D
Terrible is how it would look, I tried it in light blue and it made me want to hurl. The green is actually just teamcolour though.
I think he meant on the dark gray sections. They really do not differentiate that much with how you have them shaded right now.
My name isnt from Saint Seiya. I have never seen the show and never plan to.
HorseMonster
Commander
Commander

Post by HorseMonster »

That's what I meant too.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Does anyone here actually realize that those colors are of just one Eldar Craftworld? And that there are many more.

Maybe you could try a boneish color for the stone.
HorseMonster
Commander
Commander

Post by HorseMonster »

Silverware wrote:Does anyone here actually realize that those colors are of just one Eldar Craftworld? And that there are many more.

Maybe you could try a boneish color for the stone.
I've been playing warhammer 40,00 since I was 11 years old, so the answer is yes.

Also no, that doesn't work either, I tried that.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

HorseMonster, you have been submitted and accepted as a member of Anna's Custom Forum Shipyard For Elite And Totally Awesome Shipbuilding People Who Kick Ass (tm).

If you wish, you can request Aralonia or Arcalane to move your thread there, or you can start a new thread there, or you could completely ignore it. It's entirely up to you. Welcome to the fold, or whatevs.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
HorseMonster
Commander
Commander

Re: HorseMonster Spaceships

Post by HorseMonster »

Today is robot day.

Here are some robots:

25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

And horsemonster just won. Those are pretty epic man. Not sure I like the tiny thrusters on the shoulders though.
HorseMonster
Commander
Commander

Post by HorseMonster »

that's an error, I forgot to change the angle range of those thrusters so that they don't fire when the thing is moving forward.
HorseMonster
Commander
Commander

Post by HorseMonster »

Orbital Colonial Union Military vehicles:

CR4 Guillemot
The GR4 Guillemot is a versatile humanoid combat vehicle designed for operations in microgravity environments. The CR4 can perform operations in orbital environments effectively without assistance from support craft but relies on carrier craft for transport and sensor support in interplanetary environments. Main propulsion is provided by three variable impulse magnetoplasma rockets, reaction control is provided by sets of arcjet rockets mounted on the shoulders. The CR4 mounts a single short barrelled 10x90mm rotary cannon as standard.

The K configuration Guillemot is a “commando” variant equipped with a carbine pulse laser and shield for close quarter operations as well as additional sensor equipment.

The R configuration Guillemot is the standard “rifleman” configuration and is armed with a long range laser cannon.
HorseMonster
Commander
Commander

Post by HorseMonster »

More robots.

Fairly soon after the adoption of the CR4 Guillemot as the OCU's main battle robot the OCU military issued an operational requirement for lower specification unit that could be used to represent aggressor forces in dissimilar combat training exercises. The requirement was met by the CR-DA Lyre which was developed privately by a company founded by two postgraduate engineering students and takes publically available mechanical diagrams of the CR4 and replaces all of the classified or specifically engineered components and replaces them with generic, off-the-shelf commercially available alternatives. The Lyre was generally considered to be an accurate representation of the type of vehicle likely to be fielded by independent nations or well funded paramilitary organisations and was adopted by the OCU according to the issued requirement.

The CR-DA Lyre R is the baseline CR-DA variant, equipped with three chemical rocket thrusters for propulsion and using robotics more commonly used in spacecraft manipulators for limb articulation. The laser rifle wielded by the Lyre R is a repurposed communications laser.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

Your Realistic sprites fit well in these mechas, although the arms a somewhat thin, by themselves, and compared to other mechas. Still way beyond what I could ever do.

The Guillemot's gun depth looks somewhat odd, as if it's being carried like a Tommy gun.
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
HorseMonster
Commander
Commander

Post by HorseMonster »

I intend to revisit the Guillemot later on so the depthing thing might get fixed, though it was kind of meant to look like the weapon was being held like a tommygun.

Anyway:

TA-01 Dinoplax

Designed by the League of Extrasolar Mining and Extraction Companies to provide security against piracy or agression by rogue states for mining or resource extraction facilities and for conveyor craft carrying valuable resources the TA-01 Dinoplax was the first real contender to the Guillemot in terms of performance. Whereas the Guillemot uses a high density energy storage solution to power its electrically reliant propulsion system the Dinoplax sidesteps the need to generate electricity for propulsion by mounting an oversized fission reactor which provides electrical power to the vehicle and forms the core of a fission-thermal rocket system that provides propulsion. The dinoplax is armed by default with two fire-linked 20mm cannons mounted in the vehicle's head.

The TA-01X Dinoplax Assaulter or the "chernobyl" as it it affectionately known by pilots is a Dinoplax variant designed for combat at extremely close ranges and is equipped with an even larger fission reactor that affords the Assaulter improved acceleration. The Assaulter is equipped with a highly energy cutting torch that is capable of breaching most spacecraft hulls with little difficulty and a durable blast shield to protect it from the explosive results of breaching said spacecraft hulls.
HorseMonster
Commander
Commander

Post by HorseMonster »

With big rockets and lots of dakka for extra smashing!

Or at 100% zoom.

Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

i like your Mechs they're very impressive, but i think the last one's rockets are just a bit too big and i don't like the guns being mounted on the Dinoplax head but other than that very good :)

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

These look really good.
However I must ask, are you left handed?
Because all the Mecha are using their left hands as their on hand.
That just looks strange to a right-handed person like myself, as the pilots of mecha's are usually portrayed as haing to move their arms to make the mecha's arms move.

The rocket nozzels on the backs also look too large to me, but thats just my tastes.

Other than that these are great, very different to your other styles and still the same high quality.