Alchemy 2: Just Kill Everything

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Re: "Alchemy": A Simple Shipbuilding Experiment

Post by kittenpillar100 »

I'm dropping out, sorry but the shape is so weird, the ship i've made is disgusting. :(
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
Icy
Commander
Commander
Location: THE ARTIC or THE ANTARTIC (or any other cold place...) :D

Post by Icy »

I have the ship put together, I just need to get the glows, weapons, doodads, etc. working correctly. I'm away from my computer right now but I'll finish it tonight.
My favorite pokemon: Swampert, and Articuno
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 3267-4421-2889
Minecraft Name:IcyPwnage
Thunder
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Thunder »

I'm in for sure, entry's already in.
This be a signature. This be empty.
STARSTRUCK

Post by STARSTRUCK »

That makes five completed entries.

Three days left guys, c'mon.
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

i'm kinda working on something, is it alright to flip the drawing around the y axis?
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Post by kittenpillar100 »

Done! Massive change in size compared to what I was previously working on, possibly the smallest of all the entrants, but, it is done. :D
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
Serithi
Commander
Commander

Post by Serithi »

What, have the sketch facing backwards? As long as it still has the same general shape i'd imagine it'd be fine. It ok Starstruck?
My voiceacting portfolio.
""Go solo into a hail of projectiles", they said. "You'll be fine", they said."
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

vidboi wrote:i'm kinda working on something, is it alright to flip the drawing around the y axis?
It is. I was curious about that, so I asked him.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Icy
Commander
Commander
Location: THE ARTIC or THE ANTARTIC (or any other cold place...) :D

Post by Icy »

It is... Finished...

Starstruck, my ship should be in your inbox (I'm leaving right now for Shaver Lake for the weekend, so I'll see the resulting firestorm next week).
My favorite pokemon: Swampert, and Articuno
Pokemon Black Friend Code: 3267-4421-2889
Minecraft Name:IcyPwnage
STARSTRUCK

Post by STARSTRUCK »

Round 1 Results:
1. Forge of Righteousness (Anna)
Personal comments: Surprise! Coherent section usage throughout the entire ship. Great coloring. Hell of an armament. Flows like molten lead. GJ.
Spoiler!

DOWNLOAD.
Ship Title: Forge of Righteousness
Ship Class: "Victory's Ascension" class Light Attack Cruiser (LAC-3)
Length: 655 meters
Beam: 266 meters
Draft: 110 meters
Mass: Roughly 22,000,000 kilograms.
Crew Manifest: 320

Armament:
10x ELS (Electro-Magnetic Launch System) Missile Tubes loaded with OM-5 Standard Offensive Kinetic Kill Missiles.
8x 35Mw PDL turrets.
4x Anti-Proton Cannons
1x High Energy Spinal Positron Cannon

Propulsion Systems:
1x Gravitic Drive
1x "Cerberus"-type FTL Tunnel Drive

History:
Designed by the Rengaran Unification Front, the ship's armament is heavily based upon High Guard technology, in an attempt to equalise their military might. While the RUF has always had a numeric advantage, their ships have used primitive, outdated technology, and the Forge of Righteousness, the first ship of its class, was designed with the express purpose of battling High Guard ships on equal footing. While lacking as many Missile Tubes, and completely lacking the fighter compliment of a High Guard ship of equal size, it makes up for those disadvantages with a Spinal Positron Cannon and significantly thicker and chunkier armor, capable of withstanding much more punishment than a High Guard vessel. Due to the Rengaran's inferior energy generation technology, a large, exposed antimatter reactor sticks out of the ship's rear. While still heavily armored, the Rengaran's are legitimately concerned that such an obvious target might present a problem in conflicts with High Guard ships.

As of the moment, the Forge of Righteousness has yet to see the front lines, with plans to design supporting vessels before sending it into a combat situation. 20 more ships of this class are also planned to be built.
2. Assengai (Icy)
Personal comments: Pretty well sectioned, save for the wings, which are a little messy in places.
Spoiler!
Due to the ferocity of or hell-bent foes the Narwoiv, our two allied races have formed a permenant alliance. The first of many physical signs of this unity has just been publicly released today, the Assengai-Terran Battleship.
It is the combination of both races' technology and skill resulting in a powerful new addition to the Purple fleet. It boasts two mighty laser weapons from each race to tear apart the Narwoiv fleets. With Terran Assengai armour and an advanced propulsion system this new trophy of the Purple Alliance will be the symbol of our neverending support for each other.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Techical notes
Armament:
6x Terran Rotating Artillery
6x Terran Railgun Point Defense Cannon
5x Assengai Heavy Cannon
1x Terran Proton Beam (advanced)
1x Assengai Particle Beam

-Standoff range: Classified

Armour Strength:
1000 bR (hp)

Engines:
Classified

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Personal notes:
I think I might have bit off more than I could chew with this one, first huge ship in a long time. Oh well...

#####################################################################################################################################################################
Ship Schematics:
http://www.mediafire.com/?lh8pyc5se2j276u

Simulator File:
http://www.mediafire.com/?1q48245r7nc1a7a

(sorry, can't upload them onto the forums directly...)
3. Kittenpillar's ship (kittenpillar100)
Personal comments: Small, but has good section usage, whether by accident or not. Nice in general.
Spoiler!
here's the download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?5ce3ba1sitoz8uf
And the picture is here:
4. Ravana (Doogie12)
Personal comments: Messy in a lot of spots. Sorta random. But okay color scheme.
Spoiler!
Ravana. Unarmed.
5. Thunder's ship (Thunder)
Personal comments: Somewhat haphazard, blocky, not very pleasing build here. Colors are too dark.
Spoiler!

Weapons are: 2 demeter launchers in the wing roots, just forward of them are the blasters. The 4 turrets on the main body are the side defence plasma launchers, and the big turret in the middle is the gattling shocklaser.
6. Ender's ship (Ender)
Personal comments: Messy all over, but less offensive than Serithi's ship by the sole virtue of being smaller.
Spoiler!
here is my entry hope you like

7. Serithi's ship (Serithi)
Personal comments: I think you should know why this is dead last.
Spoiler!
Ingame

In Shipmaker

I cannot be bothered coloring it right now :P.
PERSONAL ATTEMPT: Alraune (STARSTRUCK)
Spoiler!
A lot of >opinions here, I know. There were some hard choices. My rankings should not be taken as the word of God, but I do believe you'll find them agreeable.

Either way, that was an interesting run. I see a lot of diversity here even with the same ship shape. But not a lot of excellence, which I guess was to be expected. Few of you were expecting Anna's surprise entry, I suppose.

But GJ, you've shown that the lot of you can actually finish something.
Stay tuned for Round 2 tomorrow... it's going to be "interesting", to say the least.
Anna

Post by Anna »

Yaaaay. :D Sorry guys. Nice job Icy. Yours is pretty sweet.

Serithi, I'm... not really sure what to say.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Serithi
Commander
Commander

Post by Serithi »

Yeah, on hindsight... no so much. I was trying to follow the sketch as accurately as possible, it never occured to me to put in any weapons or glows etc. X(. I blame it on spriting for 3012 :P.

I promise to do better in round 2.
Anna

Post by Anna »

Nevermind the lack of weapons and glows. That is not even half of what's wrong with it. The most immediate flaw is the fact that it's just random sections apparently tossed together without a care for internal structure or cohesion. Sure, you've got an outline, but internally the ship looks more or less like an incoherent jumble. It looks like it was made in a scrapyard. Except not by Tony Stark.
Quality Control Enforcer
Serithi
Commander
Commander

Post by Serithi »

That too. Like i said, i was trying to follow the sketch exactly, so... yeah, brain fart. Imma friggin delete it from my harddrive.
Anna

Post by Anna »

Hey, don't worry about it. These are things you learn from. Sorry for coming off like a dick.
Quality Control Enforcer