[updating]a Series of Frigates and fighters and capitalships

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Ubiquitous
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

[updating]a Series of Frigates and fighters and capitalships

Post by Ubiquitous »

my First time making ships. I even don't know how to apply the aegis deflectors...
but here they are. they haven't got names yet, so i just use names of Greek letters.

the capital ships below: from left to right, top to bottom:

Shipyard Sigma: MASS REPAIR SHIP, CARRIER, DEFENSE TURRET DEPLOY-ER, with flak defense. works as fleet support service.
Destroyer Zeta: a middle-sized multifunctional ship, fire covers all sides, strong defence system, prevails several ships with inferior defenses at the same time.
Destroyer Delta: as an upgraded version of one of the original ships in the game. a fleet defender.
Battleship Gamma: Very strong front fire power, needs on both sides and back.
Battleship Beta: Very strong front fire power, also needs cover on both sides and back.
Capitalships
Capitalships

Frigate Alpha Series: A series of frigates with identical ship hulls and defense, high moving and turning speed, but equipped with different weapons. actually it's more accurate to call them gunship. use Flanking AI

from left to right, top to bottom:
1. Basic pairs of blast and gattling pulse.
2. 4 missile launchers.
3. Lancet and a pair of pulse turrets.
4. 3 Weasels.
prntscrn 2.png

Frigate Omicron Series: A series of frigates with identical ship hulls and defense, middle moving and turning speed, but equipped with different weapons. More tougher but slower than the Alpha series (2 more deflectors).
from left to right, top to bottom:
1. 3 Beamers as a capital ship killer.
2. a Gluon Bolter to terminate inferior ships in an area, supported with gattling pulse.
3. a small carrier with 3 demeters, provides support.
4. deploys small defensive turrets to reinforce the front line.
5. equipped with 4 more flak guns, as a part of fleet defense.
6. a Gatblast and 2 gat pulses, delivers moderate fire.
7. a mini repair ship with one Nanomatrix and 2 missile launcher on-board.
8. 2 Railguns provides moderate firepower.
prntscrn 3.png

Download all:
Custom Ships.7z
(26.53 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
Update:
Mobile Factory
7 factories on board produce fighters(4 factories), frigates(2 factories) and destroyers(1 factory). also fabricates defensive turrets(2).
The picture below shows the factory and its products in one cycle of launch.
prntscrn 5.png
Last edited by Ubiquitous on Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Da_Dooley
Commander
Commander

Re: a Series of Frigates and fighters, as well as Capitalshi

Post by Da_Dooley »

Well, for stock ships, these are remarkably well done. There is (for the most part) no ridiculous weapon spam, the ships have a nice feel to them, and they are not an eyeburning color. Keep it up!
I'm still alive, motherfuckers.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Da_Dooley wrote:There is (for the most part) no ridiculous weapon spam
Ubiquitous wrote:*capitalshipsimage*
WAT

@ Ubiquitous: Contrary to Da_Dooley's statement, there *is* ridiculous weapon spam. It could be worse though. You can avoid this by modding a single weapon to have the firepower of several ones, that way you won't clutter the hull of your ship with guns.
As for the ships themselves, they're decent starter ships I guess. Try using a more varied section palette (press 'Z' and 1,2,3,4 for infinite profit!) and different colors. Keep practicing, and try to give your ships a more solid feel. The small ships do this decently, but the bigger capital ships look awfully fragile.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Da_Dooley
Commander
Commander

Post by Da_Dooley »

FOR THE MOST PART

I was referring to the other ships. Yes, the Caps do have wepspam, but thet can be rectified...

Oh, I'll shut up now.
I'm still alive, motherfuckers.
Ubiquitous
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Ubiquitous »

Thanx for the comments above! those capitalships are really over powered with too many deflectors... but are fragile when some core segments were blowed. actually i made something worse than that.
about the solid feel, in fact i purposely made them look big and fragile, unlike the frigates :)

and thanx for the advice ArcaneDude, i'll try that z 1234!