My Ship/s

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: My Ship/s

Post by ArcaneDude »

Different shades with no meaning except that they were different.

Now this last ship is actually better than the ones before. It's spindly and simple, but for a noobship it's not awful. My advice is, try using some different section palettes and keep on building.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Rockboy3970
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Location: At my computer duh, were did you think I was? the moon?

Post by Rockboy3970 »

darn you beat me to the punch oh well next ship
Kamicazie A.I with 1 flare gun and nothing better to do but die
Suprisengly strong
--------------------------------------------------------------
Alein Fighter
basicly Kamicazie A.I all over again except this weapon does damage
P.S do you think its a tad too powerful when one beamer can kill an alein dreadnought in 1 shot?...maybe I shoulent have fidgited with the power so much.
--------------------------------------------------------------
The new scout series
Scout: a basic scout with 4 telsa's and its only defences is it nano-matrix and its warp button thing.
Heavy Scout: more advanced version with 4 deflectors to create a "bumper" on the front of the ship to prottect it and 1 weapon enhancer to increase its forward weeapon power.
Armored Scout: and heavyely armored sscout with 8 deflectors protecting its entire hull temporarly and it has 3 weapon enhancers increasing its forward and side weapon power.

the scouts are usally seen alone or in groups they are meant to hunt for Alein Motherships
New shipp coming out soon!
Attachments
Pew Pew laser beamer!
Pew Pew laser beamer!
SMscreen012.png (2.3 KiB) Viewed 1962 times
Why this is worth posting I don't know the ship will die with any serious hits
Why this is worth posting I don't know the ship will die with any serious hits
SMscreen011.png (1.77 KiB) Viewed 1967 times
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

I hope you don't mind, I liked the ship compared to your others so I thought I'd show what it might be using other sections. Only took a few minutes to do it so not much to look at, but maybe you see the advantage of using some of the newer sections. Of course to this you could add glows, colored detailing and such to improve the look.

In any case, your most recent alienish ships are probably the size range you should be aiming for.
Attachments
SMscreen03.png
Rockboy3970
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Rockboy3970 »

crud sorry I forgot to post the pics above (and yes I did copy these off of UFO's)

The new scout series
Scout: a basic scout with 4 telsa's and its only defences is it nano-matrix and its warp button thing.
Heavy Scout: more advanced version with 4 deflectors to create a "bumper" on the front of the ship to prottect it and 1 weapon enhancer to increase its forward weeapon power.
Armored Scout: and heavyely armored sscout with 8 deflectors protecting its entire hull temporarly and it has 3 weapon enhancers increasing its forward and side weapon power.

the scouts are usally seen alone or in groups they are meant to hunt for Alein Motherships
New shipp coming out soon!
Attachments
Aurmored Scout
Aurmored Scout
SMscreen014.png (7 KiB) Viewed 1935 times
Heavy Scout
Heavy Scout
SMscreen015.png (6.11 KiB) Viewed 1935 times
Scout
Scout
SMscreen016.png (6.18 KiB) Viewed 1935 times
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Omg those ship designs are brilliant, amazing and awe-inspiring! They're so wonderfully crafted and well detailed, and I can't believe nobody has attempted a ship design like those before! Gosh, all three are so unique and fantastic, I have difficulty deciding which I like most!

I love you Rockboy, please keep making these ships!

Now if you want to know how I really feel, swap every positive statement for a scathingly negative one. I feel the need to state this because I get the feeling my carefully sculpted sarcasm would be wasted on your tiny brain otherwise.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Rugdumph
Commander
Commander

Post by Rugdumph »

Come on Rockboy, jwa takes some time to give you an evolution of sprites and how when used well how even really simple designs can look very detailed, and then immediately after you post 3 identical circles in eyeburn red.

Just practice a bit, you've actually gone backwards with these latest 3 instead of forwards. Honestly though my very first ships were probably worse but given time and listening to all good advice and a bit of creativity and you'll find it easy to make some good looking ships.
"Damn hippies with their slippers and mesh bags looking for "adventure" or friggin' nerds who hasn't held anything but a microscope in their girly little hands. Such posers don't last long here." - Wolf (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.)
Rockboy3970
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

WTF

Post by Rockboy3970 »

You know what? im frickin god dam tired of listening to all of you
all ive been trying to do is help and all you do is insult me so you know what screw all of you I have plenty of better game sites to go to that won't insult me every time I make a fricken god dam post
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Post by kittenpillar100 »

Jeezus, rockboy you do know everyone is giving you advice and that advice ise use different sprites, you must see now that you can still make ships how you want but to make them look good use swa or shiny.

also learn to use your stupid tiny head dumbass
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
Rockboy3970
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Rockboy3970 »

kittenpillar100 wrote:Jeezus, rockboy you do know everyone is giving you advice and that advice ise use different sprites, you must see now that you can still make ships how you want but to make them look good use swa or shiny.

hmm darn no smiley with a knife stabing another smiley
so how about this you shutup and never comeinto this thread again or I turn this whole fricken forum into a spam holder

hmm lets see build with shiny sections "build with shiny sections" "build with shiny sections" how about some godam fool gives me a link ehh hmm no one?
well how about I build my goddam ships however my god dam tiny brain likes? you don't have to reply you can sit and watchand be quieit
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

Rockboy3970 wrote:
kittenpillar100 wrote:Jeezus, rockboy you do know everyone is giving you advice and that advice ise use different sprites, you must see now that you can still make ships how you want but to make them look good use swa or shiny.

hmm darn no smiley with a knife stabing another smiley
so how about this you shutup and never comeinto this thread again or I turn this whole fricken forum into a spam holder

hmm lets see build with shiny sections "build with shiny sections" "build with shiny sections" how about some godam fool gives me a link ehh hmm no one?
well how about I build my goddam ships however my god dam tiny brain likes? you don't have to reply you can sit and watchand be quieit
I imagine you'll be summarily banned before daybreak, but still I'll give you some helpful pointers.

1) Shiny sections are in the Custom Content and SPRITES subforum. See how that makes sense? You do? Then why didn't you look there ?
2) You know the fastest way to getting better at anything, really? Taking the criticism of others, who are better than you, and applying that to your technique. That's how almost everyone here got better, and everyone who posted in this thread are better shipbuilders than you.
3) Threatening to do anything to a forum, in broad daylight, where any mod or admin can see it is generally a bad idea. It's likely going to get you banned. This actually astounds me because I didn't think there'd exist people so stupid. It's like walking in a bank for a simple errant, not getting your way, and then threatening to rob the bank while a policeman is two meters away.

Best regards, your mother's secret lover.
Last edited by Chiiro on Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Re: WTF

Post by Anna »

Rockboy3970 wrote:You know what? im frickin god dam tired of listening to all of you
all ive been trying to do is help and all you do is insult me so you know what screw all of you I have plenty of better game sites to go to that won't insult me every time I make a fricken god dam post
This thread was stickied. You shouldn't have missed it. Most people didn't insult you. Many of them tried giving you constructive criticism. You took steps back instead of steps forward, and so I felt compelled to tell you just how much you suck. Stop playing the "waaah waaah everyone is so meeean" card. And stop acting like an idiot. I know you're young. That's obvious. I'm not. And I don't have any patience for immature teenagers who think they can come into a community and try lecturing the established adult members, especially when the things they suggest are stupid.

So, kindly get over yourself, learn to accept and perhaps even acknowledge and learn from the constructive criticism you're getting, and try to act a little more mature. And clean up your spelling and grammar while you're at it.

If you can't do those things, I'm going to right now very politely request that you leave and go to those forums you spoke of where your idiocy will be tolerated. I'm sure if you're incapable of acting in a mature manner, those places will suit you much better.
Rockboy3970 wrote:[so how about this you shutup and never comeinto this thread again or I turn this whole fricken forum into a spam holder
You don't get to make threats, asshole. That's the staff's job. Consider yourself warned.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Aww, you guys beat me to the punch. No fair.

Rockboy, it all boils down to this. We don't need you here, and if you decide not to fit in we don't want you here. Man up or get out. Your choice.

EDIT
From the rules thread:
22. If you don't want any comments/criticism, post your ships in Custom Ships Gallery thread. Otherwise, make a new thread.
23. If you make a thread in Custom Ships, everyone is free to comment and criticize your ships. So expect criticism, and do not try to tell people to 'shut up'.
My hair is a bird. Your argument is invalid.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Da_Dooley
Commander
Commander

Post by Da_Dooley »

Rockboy, what these people are telling you can be summed up in one tl;dr: Calm down, shut up, and listen.
I know it seems like they are just slamming you every which way, but try not to get too worked up. If you mouth off to these guys, they have every right to react in the way that they did. Believe it or not, they're trying to help you. This is normal fare, and you will get nowhere if you continue to react in this manner. Just take the time to read the threads. It will help you if you do. If you need sprites, just take a gander at the section called "Custom Sprites". It's all there. Take a look at the stickies. They will help you in understanding the working of this forum. Seriously.

I hate to see newbies get effectively shunned because of a mistake they made. Even if you don't listen to these other guys, at least take the time to listen to me.
I'm still alive, motherfuckers.