lone wolf creations

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

lon3wolf
Ensign
Ensign

lone wolf creations

Post by lon3wolf »

Noob just starting out in this universe. My creation/s so far
Burn them with the fire of a thousand suns!
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Re: lone wolf creations

Post by Preacher »

ummm soooo many!!! where are the creations? welcome to the forums by the way.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
lon3wolf
Ensign
Ensign

Post by lon3wolf »

Thank you. I forgot to upload them. The first of what i hope to be many models is:
The Jurgen Neolite
Attachments
Jurgen_Neolite.png
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

Not half bad actually, depthing and section usage at the front is poor, im not sure about the little wings either, but with a splash of colour this could look good, now weaponise it add nice looking engine nozzles and your sorted :)

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
Da_Dooley
Commander
Commander

Post by Da_Dooley »

It's actually not that bad. It has a clearly defined shape, no overly stretched sections, and *gasp* no weapon spam! Actually, no weapons at all, which I would keep with atm. It looks really nice, though you should really flesh the design out more. Add some Greeblies. OTT, this is a really nice ship.
I'm still alive, motherfuckers.
lon3wolf
Ensign
Ensign

Post by lon3wolf »

I have now added weapons to the ship. I still can't decide what to do with the front yet so i've created two variations.
Attachments
This is the Jurgen Skite it is a troop carrier.
This is the Jurgen Skite it is a troop carrier.
This is the Jurgen Skreet (can't think of a better name atm) it's a small gun ship.
This is the Jurgen Skreet (can't think of a better name atm) it's a small gun ship.
Variation 1.
Variation 1.
Variation 2 with thrusters.
Variation 2 with thrusters.
Lord_Baigent
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Lord_Baigent »

Very nice, much better than my first ships. I like the style you've got going with them all and they definitely fit well together. My one quip with them though is that some of the wing placements do look a little flimsy, but other than that good going. :)
Where there is war there is COD
Lord_Baigent
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Lord_Baigent »

Very nice, much better than my first ships. I like the style you've got going with them all and they definitely fit well together. My one quip with them though is that some of the wing placements do look a little flimsy, but other than that good going. :)
Where there is war there is COD
Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Post by Imaillusion »

The overall shape of all four ships will improve if the front end of the ships tapered down to a point, rather being really blocky and flat. And i agree with Baigent, in that there are parts on the last two ships where the sections get really narrow, it makes those points look really fragile
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
lon3wolf
Ensign
Ensign

Post by lon3wolf »

The update.
I have started work on the front and also made the wings look stronger.
Attachments
Jurgen Neolite v5
Jurgen Neolite v5
A small attempt at a bio-ship. I've called it a bio-leech. It's a spore based creature.
A small attempt at a bio-ship. I've called it a bio-leech. It's a spore based creature.
STARSTRUCK

Post by STARSTRUCK »

I liked the variants with the "flimsy-looking" wings better. They had a really unique look.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Agreed. When done right, that fragile look can make a ship seem far more advanced. Not a bad start on the bioship either, though it looks like it has eyes at both ends...