Insane CAT Ships

Let's face it, the main attraction of BSF is building your own ships. Share them! If you need help, check the Shipmaker Info & Help forum a little ways down.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Imaillusion
Captain
Captain

Re: Insane CAT Ships

Post by Imaillusion »

It looks more like a turret to me. The random lights that pop up are... random, and don't contribute to the rest of the ship (or turret). The actual hull of the ship needs to be more defined, because at the moment it looks like there isn't a hull, so you could probaly make it a bit bigger
Those that live by the sword... get shot by those that don't.
InsaneCat
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by InsaneCat »

I will NOT modify the shape of the ship. I may add exhaust nozzle and remove some lights... but hey, I like this ship.

Edit.
I will NOT modify the shape of the ship.
...Crap.
ImageImageImage
but hey, I like this ship.
and, I like this ship better.
What do you think?
No Download(for now).
"Though I charge through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am driving a house-sized mass of "fuck you."
"HURRR?"
InsaneCat
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by InsaneCat »

Im not dead!

I experimented a little with Meta 2.0 like ships and HorseMonster realistic style ships.

Here is what I want to show you:
Image . Image . Image .
and

btw.
olololol I changed the background.

ok bye.
"Though I charge through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am driving a house-sized mass of "fuck you."
"HURRR?"
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

i like the orange one small but good section usage and shading the others are a bit meh though, the sections on the big space shuttle just don't fit right, but the asymmetric ship is pretty good i just don't like the section you've used in the middle(replace it?). Liking the back ground change to.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
InsaneCat
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by InsaneCat »

re-color

and New ship.

I think I finally found my style, and proper colors.

I'm CATapulting myself out of here.
"HURRR?"
Preacher
Captain
Captain

Post by Preacher »

lol, I like what you've done with these, however i have to complaints the front orange sections on the second ship kinda mess with the flow and the rear two orange sections on the first ship look odd other than that I like them, its an interesting shape to explore and Im impressed that you've managed to use Kae's generic sections so well.

More ships please and bigger :)

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. " Kingdom of heaven.
InsaneCat
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by InsaneCat »

Preacher wrote:lol, I like what you've done with these, however i have to complaints the front orange sections on the second ship kinda mess with the flow
I spend 2h creating this ship, and looking for suitable sections, but you're right. I nedd to replace them.
Preacher wrote:its an interesting shape to explore and Im impressed that you've managed to use Kae's generic sections so well.
It was incident. I swear. :D
Preacher wrote:More ships please and bigger :)
ok. I will try to.
bigger ship will be a problem.

btw. Big ship=long ship or Big ship = "fat" ship?
"HURRR?"
Maart3n
BANNED

Post by Maart3n »

InsaneCat wrote:btw. Big ship=long ship or Big ship = "fat" ship?
Both as in go in both directions.
I think the little wing thingies on the side of the smaller one should be placed just a bit more inside the ship. Now both the back and the front ruin the flow.

The second ship just looks like it could break speed limits, great job. But preacher is right.
InsaneCat
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by InsaneCat »

Idk if this is better.
Sections location changed. (no new sections)
Sections location changed. (no new sections)
replaced section...
replaced section...
its not working!

got ANY ideas?
"HURRR?"
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

it's the sections in the centre behind it that's breaking the coherenced (thou shalt not say flow) (damn) try puting a pointy triangular kind of sprite in front of them (should be the smae width where they join) on the second one and moving the front a bit further forwards. hopefully it should work
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

The colors are terribad. Changing the red to grey or something that actually fits orange would make it look much better. The reverse would also probably work. The engines stick out too much at the moment. It's mainly a color issue though. I'd also prefer the default background but whatever...
Now, disregarding the colors, they're pretty decent. Tbh, just removing the rearmost engine with the red sections at the sides would make both ships better.
Last edited by 25000st on Tue May 11, 2010 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
STARSTRUCK

Post by STARSTRUCK »

Y'all might be missing the point by just a little bit. These ships aren't any good because they're simply too simple. To be honest, the sections aren't used in any way that would suggest an aesthetically pleasing shape, even at this size. They lack detail and depth at that, probably because of the section choices in question. Of course, the color scheme is a little ugly, but that can be fixed quickly.

And GodJesus don't tell me you actually spent two hours on these.

I guess you could try building a stockier ship with a less demanding shape and see if you can weave some good sectionwork into it.
Maart3n
BANNED

Post by Maart3n »

No the colours aren't, you just don't like them because you love greyish with something else.

Added is a picture with some things that I would like to comment on:
First off, in green: 2500st, this would happen if you erased the engines, these 2 section would become useless, and create bad flow.(sorry vidboi.) Then in blue: I would place the rear engine here and offcoarse mirror it.
in pink: Are these holes in your ship?

Sorry for the terribad paint edit, I just wasn't going to waste time photoshopping it.
Attachments
SMscreen046.png
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

@Maarten: *Facepalm* The colors are bad, period. And I never said he had to use gray I even contradicted the engines being gray.

As for the engines, I meant engine, my bad. The red sections still wouldn't create bad flow. Also, you can't create bad flow.

ED: @Starstuck: Therefore simple =bad?
ED2: They fit together. It's the shapes created from what's fit together that doesn't fit together. :lol:
Ending the 'war' right here. PM me if you want to continue. It's the overall shapes (created by sections that actually fit together decently) that don't fit together.
Last edited by 25000st on Tue May 11, 2010 4:29 am, edited 4 times in total.
STARSTRUCK

Post by STARSTRUCK »

Maart3n wrote:No the colours aren't, you just don't like them because you love greyish with something else.
Oh no you don't. My last good color scheme was freaking solid turd maroon with smoked poppywort yellow. Granted, it had some gray bits, but this one has them too.

...maybe I retract my point. This color scheme could be done well if arranged right...

ED: @2500st: Slippery fucking slope. It's only bad when there's like... seven sections on each side and they don't even fit together.
ED2: The hell did you even just say? I am not having this edit war with you.
Last edited by STARSTRUCK on Tue May 11, 2010 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.