Moderators: th15, Moderators

LordGarcia
Captain
Captain

Linear Movement Tutorial

Post by LordGarcia »

A guide for Linear Movement
Made by LordGarcia.

okay so rotating sections is pretty fun! but you want to move your sections in a straight line and can't figure out how to do it? then I can help you!
first we'll need 3 sections. I prefer section 13. set them up like this:
Now you have to put in the rotation speed you want in the first and third section. don't forget to put a one at the rotation box. After putting the values in the first and third section you put the inverted and doubled values in the second section. Also putting a one in the rotation box. After this you put the third section right under the first section, otherwise you won't get perfectly horizontal movement. hit F11 to test if it works. Section 2 should do a full circle around section 1 and section 3 should move left and right.
But maybe you want the section to only move until a certain spot and then wait there. well that's also very simple. in our example section 3 should move for exactly 100 pixels forward and stay there for 300 frames. when returning it should directly expand again.
First you grab the first and third section and change the R limit to -90 and the L limit to 0

then you take the second section and again put the doubled inverted amount. that would be a L limit of 180 (that is the default) and an R limit of 0

now to get section 3 to only move forward for 100 pixel you have to place section 2 at exactly 50 pixel over section 1. press f11 to test and there we go, it moves. now we'll move on to the delay.
to make it wait for 300 frames when extended we simply have to insert a 300 on the R delay field at the first and third section. the second gets a L delay of 300. hit f11 to test again.

here ends my little tutorial I hope you all now understand how linear movement works.

And here you have the sb4 to this tutorial, enjoy
Himura.Kenshin said: What kind of pure, absolute [i]retard[/i] would run a bomb by Windows?