Bug Reports

Archive of old Custom Edition threads.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Unmodified autocannons on this one ship are turning into twin autocannons when its spawned as an enemy.
An error which is fixed in the latest release.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Lord-General Thunder
Commander
Commander

Post by Lord-General Thunder »

ArcaneDude wrote:
Unmodified autocannons on this one ship are turning into twin autocannons when its spawned as an enemy.
An error which is fixed in the latest release.
Yeah, I just saw it on the list now, sorry.
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DraTuicichNovae/BLANKcopy-6.jpg[/img]
Ixranin
Captain
Captain

Post by Ixranin »

I tried both Shipmaker 1.604 and 1.607, and I have no sections or doodads to choose from. Instead they just show up as spr_bridge, and I can't get them via strings either. (I get the feeling it's some stupid thing on my side.)
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

extract this to your BSF folder in program files
http://filesmelt.com/Filehosting2/downl ... prites.rar
Ixranin
Captain
Captain

Post by Ixranin »

Figured out the problem: I was missing smsprites.ini.
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

ah. That was going to be my second attempt :D
LordGarcia
Captain
Captain

Post by LordGarcia »

for object ctr_GUI:

Error in code at line 1:
if global.dc_controll != 0 then exit

at position 11: Unknown variable dc_controll
Kaelis wrote: Peculiar. It does not find the variable, despite its been clearly declared and defined, and as a global, too. you're the only one who seems to be having these problems, as well. So bad news - apparently its machine specific, and theres nothing i can do about it.
I also got this error just now. Am I missing something somewhere? If I'm right I didn't change anything and it suddenly appeared
Himura.Kenshin said: What kind of pure, absolute [i]retard[/i] would run a bomb by Windows?
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

It happens if you run the game in unsurfaced mode. Fixed for the next version anyway.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

ERROR in
action number 1
of Key Press Event for <Right> Key
for object obj_section_parent:

In script updateMovtarget:
Error in code at line 17:
ms_aframes = ms_dist/ms_aspeed

at position 27: Division by 0

When Shift+arrow key moving a weapon, a doodad or the core. Sections work.

Also, Arc believes *someone* broke custom colouring.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

To clarify; I loaded up the Cerberus in SM 1.610 and decided to make some linear motion additions to make it 'deploy' sections when being spawned, a bit like the combat mode on Anna' latest ship. I saved it as a seperate ship, the Mark II. The colouring of the Mark II is fine in the sb4, and previous (such as the Mark I) and completely new ships retain custom colouration. Resaved ships like the Mark II, however, lose it.

Is not good, comrade!

Ed: the divide by zero affects modules too. I assume Kaelis forgot to add a simple if-check to ensure that it only recalculated the values for sections.

~~

After repainting, the Cerberus Mk III (now with even more movey bits~) retains custom colouring. A small price to pay, I suppose.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Darkship
Captain
Captain

Post by Darkship »

Custom coloring is not retained for one of my ships despite resaving with the latest SMCE build.

I have attempted to reset all the colors in the ship but it still did not work. Saved it as a separate file and it also doesn't work.

.shp
.sb4
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3979][color=BLACK][b]Assorted Randomness[/b][/color][/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2727][color=Red][b]The Tal'Vorah Fleet[/b][/color][/url]
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Yeah, the colors in that sb4 are borked.

EDIT: Although ive found another bug with colors... will fix asap.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Two things:
1) Editing the rotation values in the smconfig doesn't work for group rotation, and neither does fine rotation.

2) I don't know why, but a when making a ship, I went into preview mode, and it wouldn't leave. I ended up with a blank sidebar, and the ship's rotating parts at various angles. After I saved, I had to fix all of the angles, which is why I found out about the rotation problems.

EDIT: Also, the counter and shooting values seem to reset whenever you clone the weapon or section.
Lord-General Thunder
Commander
Commander

Post by Lord-General Thunder »

Shift+arrow key moving doesn't work at all, and I can't rotate sections with the keyboard.
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DraTuicichNovae/BLANKcopy-6.jpg[/img]
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

I've got linked lasers turning into blasters (after a save), has this been covered already?

Another one, shift f9 doesn't allow me to start the box, it just uses the mous position when I press the keys.
Forgetting internet deadlines since 2003