New Weapon Feedback

Archive of old Custom Edition threads.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

New Weapon Feedback

Post by Arcalane »

Got something to say about the new weapons? Voice your opinion here!
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TormakSaber »

They are very very big. There's also a trend in a lot of them to be VERY VERY slow reloading (tacnuke, torpedo, shockbolter come to mind), and being average-high, AoE damage. Some average firing/average "Normal" damage weaponry would be a good addition, or tweaking some of the weapons to be that way. And some slightly smaller models. The Particle Rifle is an example of a well done example of the above. average damagey, nice models, and not too big.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

My biggest issue is the tacnuke turret. I have no issues with the way it works or any of its mechanics, just the appearance of the turret. It's too detailed and kinda odd-looking, especially compared to the old weapons, but even when compared to the newer ones. It just don't look right, and stands out in a way that bothers me. Then again, I'm not sure how to make it look better, so eh...
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

Minimissile and pointrocket. Both have this wierd viewpoint on the sprite that makes them see tilted up at some ridiculous angle, and just generally glaringly stands out against everything else.
Forgetting internet deadlines since 2003
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

The weird angle on the missile packs, makes them look like they're pointing upwards. Also most of the new sprites are really too big IMO.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Exethalion wrote:The weird angle on the missile packs, makes them look like they're pointing upwards. Also most of the new sprites are really too big IMO.
Resize the weapons yourself then? :roll:

Also I like the new missiles. The ambiguous box that was the old missiles annoyed the shit out of me.
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

New missile sprites are still annoying as shit, and some of the flash bolter tooltip text is from the torpedo's, which will probably be with some of the other new weapons as well.
Forgetting internet deadlines since 2003
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

1) You're annoying as shit.

2) That's because, as they're practically the same, they use the same 'if' bracket. Mostly to prevent unnecessary amounts of code, because th15 is bad enough at that as it is. I'll modify the tooltips later to account for both of them.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ