Wrecked Sections

Archive of old Custom Edition threads.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Should they be added, and if so, should they be available by default?

Yes, add them and make them available by default
38%
Yes, add them, but make them hidden by default
59%
No, don't add them at all
3%

Total votes: 29

Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Wrecked Sections

Post by Arcalane »

As some of you may have seen, LG has done some rather nice work 'wrecking' the original sections. I support the addition of these, myself; others may not have had their say, so now is the time.

The options are simple. We can add the new sections and have them available normally, we can add them and have them disabled normally (thanks to Kaelis' ini system) or we can not add them at all.

So, vote!
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

sorry for the bother, but what exactly would have them disabled mean? I forget :?
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

They'd just be hidden and wouldn't show up unless you held Ctrl whilst hitting the arrow buttons.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
LordGarcia
Captain
Captain

Post by LordGarcia »

obviously I support my own sections :D
Himura.Kenshin said: What kind of pure, absolute [i]retard[/i] would run a bomb by Windows?
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

Do it, but hidden. It could get annoying if you try to build a normal ship.

Also, not to plug my own stuff, but how about the doodads I made? You could do something decent if you combine them. Of course, that's just my opinion.
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

T-002 wrote:Also, not to plug my own stuff, but how about the doodads I made? You could do something decent if you combine them. Of course, that's just my opinion.
Why won't YOU combine them?

Ill be blunt. From all the people here, only Arcalane, CT and me are working with the actual source. And as far as im concerned, thats far more important than messing with doodads, sprites or whatever other menial task there is. Yes, menial, because everyone can do doodads.

So if everyone can do that, they should. Instead of relying on Arcalane to divert his precious time for it. Sure, he mightve done some stuff himself, but thats only because he actually had fun doing it or it was important to himself.

Bottomline is - you want something simple done? Do it yourself. Because you can, and because this is a community project.

Rage engine, disengage.
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

Kaelis wrote:
T-002 wrote:Also, not to plug my own stuff, but how about the doodads I made? You could do something decent if you combine them. Of course, that's just my opinion.
Why won't YOU combine them?

Ill be blunt. From all the people here, only Arcalane, CT and me are working with the actual source. And as far as im concerned, thats far more important than messing with doodads, sprites or whatever other menial task there is. Yes, menial, because everyone can do doodads.

So if everyone can do that, they should. Instead of relying on Arcalane to divert his precious time for it. Sure, he mightve done some stuff himself, but thats only because he actually had fun doing it or it was important to himself.

Bottomline is - you want something simple done? Do it yourself. Because you can, and because this is a community project.

Rage engine, disengage.
Point taken.
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

I support having them in but hidden by default.
derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

whoops didn't realize what hidden meant and voted for the wrong one. If you get the piece by going to the normal section then instead of just click on the normal section you control click to get the wrecked section, THEN I vote for them to be hidden.
Grath
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Grath »

Uh, no, Derekiv. Instead they'd only show up when you scroll through with Ctrl+Mousewheel. You could also change the shipmaker settings to have them unhidden, the hidden vs unhidden is just choosing which is the default.
TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TormakSaber »

Hide them by default but make sure to document that they are findable via X method, whatever X is. Ctrl click or etc.
Grath
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Grath »

What moron voted NO? The wrecked sections are made of Awesome and Win.