Balancing weapons to stock

Archive of old Custom Edition threads.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Balancing weapons to stock

Post by TormakSaber »

Not sure if we are or not, since, well, you can just mod them however you want anywyas, so base stats are nearly meaningless. :oops:
Particle Rifle
Damage: 14
Rate of Fire: 15
Magazine Size: 6
Reload Time: 1.6s [50]
Turning Rate: 2
Max Range: 800
Deviation: 5
Base HP: 55
Bullet Speed: 25

Bridging the gap between the pulse gun and the blaster is the experimental new particle rifle. An upscaled and high-powered modification of the particle gun defense turret, the particle rifle fires accurate and controlled bursts. The bonus? Due to the energy signatures generated by it's shots, they can't be targeted by enemy point defense weapons.
6 shots of 14 damage each seems a bit too much for a gun that sits "between the pulse and blaster". Also has nearly the range of the blaster, and can't be intercepted? (Can that be modded in, btw, in the weapon screen? To allow the weapon to be tracked by interceptors again? I know we can affect general interceptability per PDs shot.) Fairly accurate as well.

Railgun is double firepower, blah blah blah... Twin scatterbeamers are more damage without the flaw of the original: horrid accuracy...

Don't mind me, I'm just making little comments. :lol:
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Valid concerns. For the most part they are fairly balanced to stock though I have had to tweak the balance in a few places, and I do agree that the P-Rifle is a bit overpowered right now.

The interceptability thing is taking time. Most of the problem is simply that I haven't added them to the global point defense target list, which isn't that hard to do, but I'm trying to avoid fiddling with it for now.

Plus the Deviation there is the raw, not total deviation, so you should double it for the actual deviation - so the P-Rifle is actually quite inaccurate at maximum range. :)
Last edited by Arcalane on Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TormakSaber »

Ahh, that's right, I remember that now. :oops: