Weapon/Module Idea Thread

Archive of old Custom Edition threads.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

A weapon, sort of a combination of... I dunno what really. Upon firing: the gun launches missiles at a set angle away from the INITIAL facing of the gun (set in ship maker). They move at this angle for ____Seconds, slowing down all the while. Once they have stopped, they "hover' in place for ____ seconds, and then begin accelerating ala repeater (I guess it's sort of like a modified pulsar, but all of the projectiles move in one direction before accelerating)
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Now that we have DC;

Direct-Control'd Modules, though this would only really be useful for the Frosch/Gosling. Maybe modules linking into parent as well?

Tying into this, a new Afterburner module. The afterburner (by default) temporarily increases speed and acceleration but reduces turning.

Obviously, the AB is only really useful for fighters that are under direct control. Ideally it would make a very different (and customizable) thrust flare effect, ala fraxy.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Cycerin
Captain
Captain

Post by Cycerin »

It could work to have an Afterburner module that triggers automatically when ai-controlled ships attack, too.
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Using the Pulsar code, is it possible to make some kind of hellfire missile pack? I think the only thing that needed be adjusted is the shot rotation (They spin when fired :? ).
AD wrote:Teeeeechnically that can be done with the HV missile. Use it's sprite with a minimissile, and you're done.
EDIT; the rotating GIF, I mean.
Not really, You'll need spread along with normal Dev and acceleration. plus the dragging effect that pulsars have are much better for this.

Basically its like the Jericho missile, without the Main missile being fired off and ect.
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Hmm, while we're at it, may I also suggest something along the lines of a MIRV missile?

That would be swell.
DeathsHand
Captain
Captain

Post by DeathsHand »

To dredge up old ideas, I still like the concept of a sapper module.

Sort of like a parasitic nano matrix, but working like the frosch gun, sapping opponent's energy, with the added bonus of transferring it to a module/weapon of your choice, like a hybrid booster. Limitations could be placed on the range and rate of transfer, making it's energy drain effect considerably weaker than the frosch...
S͜͟t̷̀̀͟i̷͢ļ̸̕͞l̸̶͞ ̷̢͘͟l̡͟͝u̴̵̸͜͢r̴̸̨k͏͟į̨͜n̛g̸͢͝