Turret/Weapon Request/Contribution Thread

Archive of old Custom Edition threads.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

Those missile-rack style sprites are really starting to bug me . . . it looks like the end of it it pointing straight up. :|
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
Cycerin
Captain
Captain

Post by Cycerin »

Flash Bolter

A homing energy weapon. Developed by the Archaedas Theocracy, it consists of a glob of antimatter inside a thin nanite bubble. In battle, it slams into ship hulls and annihilates spectacularily, causing heavy damage in a spherical radius.

Ships can carry large stores of ammunition, but the great amount of energy required for launching a sphere restricts the rate of fire greatly.

Firing animation:
1. Image
2. Image
3. Image

Projectile (will be surfaced):
1. Image
2. Image
3. Image
If possible, the trail should consist of pulse shot impact sprites with a random orientation.

For now, the impact sprite can be represented by a plasma detonation tinted cyan.

Code: Select all

Damage: 30
Explosion Radius: 30px
Rate of Fire: N/A 
Burst: 1 
Magazine Size: 1 
Reload Time: 280 
Turret Turning Rate: 0 
Max Range: 2000 
Deviation: 5 
Launch Arc: 180 
Bullet Speed: 22 
Interceptability: 0.3 
Missile Turn Speed: 4 
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

If I read this correctly, that is perfect for a photon torpedo. Cycerin, you are my hero.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Except it doesn't look a thing like a photon torpedo. It's a ball that leaves a glowy trail. Pulsars look exactly like photon torpedoes, short of the colour, and that can be edited. I don't see why you're so bothered by using Pulsars as Phottorps.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Several things.

1) The trail they leave is even more prominent that that of these flash bolters.

2) They have no tracking. I know, photon torps don't have very impressive tracking, but I base my concept of a photon torpedo upon the ones I saw in ST VI; the Undiscovered Country. And those did have tracking. Impressive tracking, even.

3) Pulsars have a clipsize setting, but they fire everything, then launch it all at once, no matter how you vary fire rate and delay and stuff. To get them to fire three projectiles in succession, you'd have to stack three of 'em and fiddle with the reload, in which case they'll still fire all at once when they're given the chance to fully reload.

4) This may just be my mind playing tricks on me, but pulsars seem to have a strange habit. When one projectile of their clip explodes, all the others do too. At least that's what I have observed.

5) Explosion. Yes, again, photon torpedoes in most of the series barely have any. But, again, if you base the effects on those of The Undiscovered Country, they explode rather impressively. And that's what I'm aiming for.

Which is why I'd rather use flash bolters than pulsars. Pulsars have proven effective as torpedoes in the past, but I think this is better.

EDIT; also, fluff wise this is an antimatter weapon. So is a photon torpedo. :p
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Enough about your goddamn photon torpedoes. :roll:

~~

Other weapon concepts I'm toying with;

HV Rocket:
A very light, small projectile that accelerates to fractions of the speed of light after leaving the launch unit. They do no AoE damage, but considerable impact damage, and are almost impossible to intercept. Imagine a Pulsar that shoots conventional rockets.

Autogun:
A small, tri-barrel rotary weapon that spits out accurate bursts with a short reload time. It could be more exotic than conventional bullet weapons, perhaps by making the shots it fires explode or something. I dunno.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Grath
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Grath »

Suggestion: Something similar to the Flak only an offensive gun.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Arcalane wrote:Autogun:
A small, tri-barrel rotary weapon that spits out accurate bursts with a short reload time. It could be more exotic than conventional bullet weapons, perhaps by making the shots it fires explode or something. I dunno.
I can have the sprite up tonight or tomorrow :)
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

I somehow doubt it will be small enough to fit well with BSF stock weapons. :p
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Grath
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Grath »

Yeah, BSFCE needs more small profile weapons. Most of the new shit is like, Megatach profile scale.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

I agree. I'd like some kind of small profile ballistic weapon that I could use other then the pulse gun.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Tiny guns;

Machinegun, Fixed:

Machinegun Turret:
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral