War for the universe - Ratai counterattack

For any empire/faction/race/species-etc. information related to your made-up BSF fleets or factions. Please keep to one thread per storyline/universe/faction/etc. where possible.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

R0ni
Captain
Captain

Re: War for the universe - Ratai counterattack

Post by R0ni »

Alrighty. I split my forces into two and then post the encounter files for you to add your forces as you see fit.
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

OK, but what do we do if in one battle Novians win and in the other Ratai win?

Edit: i suppose we could have one last battle with the surviving forces or one of us could retreat to a nearby safe system.
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

Also the lag made it impossible to count the remaining ships after the battle....
Deus Est Mechanicus

R0ni
Captain
Captain

Post by R0ni »

I suppose it can be agreed upon then - making retreats and such possible.

Force A
2x White star battlecarrier.
2x Guardian hvy cruiser.
2x Dragonfly light cruiser.
4x Teus class destroyer.
2x Angel class destroyer.
1x Arime class destroyer.
6x Chaser class frigates.
2x Hammerhead frigates.

Force B
1x White star Battlecarrier
1x Overseer battlecarrier
2x Guardian hvy Cruiser
2x Dragonfly light cruiser
5x Teus class destroyer
1x Arime class destroyer
4x Chaser class frigate
3x Hammerhead frigate.

By the way I forgot to set the max engagement range to 6000, so please change it when you add your ships. I tried to keep the two forces roughly equal. You can add 5 mines to both if you want, or just one, however you like.

All the carriers should launch interceptors.
Attachments
Battle at Urema.zip
Two encounter files.
(20.07 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
R0ni
Captain
Captain

Post by R0ni »

Lol, then thats quite an lag if you can't even count ships. Anyway, lets give this a try. Still somewhat laggy already at this size, but not... super horribly laggy. Not least 1fps yet...
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

OK, forces split and ready to play. sry for the wait.

Force A:
1x 'Eternity' Dreadnought
1x 'Atheist' Battle-carrier
2x 'Redemptor' Battleships
2x 'Salvation' Heavy cruiser
3x 'Sanguine' Medium frigate
5x 'Purge' mines

Force B:
1x 'Atheist' Battle-carrier
2x 'Redemptor' Battleships
3x 'Salvation' Heavy cruiser
2x 'Sanguine' Medium frigate
5x 'Purge' mines
Battle over Urema.zip
(31.46 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
Deus Est Mechanicus

R0ni
Captain
Captain

Post by R0ni »

Tis okay. If community can help us determine the outcome, pwease do. See the battle, and tell us what you get. I tested battle B already, and came up with Ratai victory with following ships surviving.

1x Overseer
2x Dragonfly
1x Arime (visibly damaged)
2x Teus

However, I had trouble with fighters, Novian carrier not being able to launch single one (even when I tried to change them in editor) and out of my carriers only Overseer launching any (and even then wrong ones (>o< )o ), so if that is okay for du, Necro, may I disable the fighter launch ability or.. is this kind of thing acceptable. disabling the fighters of course will bring you slight advatange.

Suggesting also that for future battles we simply add the fighter wings already launched...
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

Both battles were Novian victory's for me

Force A losses:
1x 'Salvation' Heavy cruiser
2x 'Sanguine' Medium frigates

All ships damaged :p

Force B losses:
1x 'Salvation' Heavy cruiser

All ships severely damaged.
Deus Est Mechanicus

R0ni
Captain
Captain

Post by R0ni »

Battle A was Novian victory. I could not count the ships before the "VICTORY!" thing came up, but here is the latest screen with what Novian ships survived (whalp identify them D:!!)

Note: In battle A there was no fighters at all. Neither Novian nor Ratai carriers could launch any. (on o ) can't fix it...
Attachments
All the Novian ships in this image survived.
All the Novian ships in this image survived.
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

That looks like 1 of each ship there. So how are we gonna call it?
Deus Est Mechanicus

R0ni
Captain
Captain

Post by R0ni »

Lets wait for a while and see what others get?

Edit: remmeber to take screenshots, especially when the battle is about to end. Once the battle ends, there comes either "loose" or "win" screen, meaning you can't move camera anymore. That means you are unable to also count the ships then.
R0ni
Captain
Captain

Post by R0ni »

Hmm.. Im gonna run this.. say 4 times (2 on both) and take screenshots, then post the screenshots in zip. Im pretty sure victory goes for Novians, but how badly, that I want to know.
R0ni
Captain
Captain

Post by R0ni »

Well, I have now run the sims and also took accurate screenshots of the whole progress. Battle A went almost identically every time. 4 Novian ships surive - one of each class if I am not mistaken. The Ratai force on right gets wiped out each time while the Novian force on left gets wiped out by the ratai. Roughly at the same time both sides are finished and the final clash takes place at the center of the map. By this time Ratai have only minor craft left, and is not able to compete with Eternity drednaught - in fact, that ship survives almost every time without any scratch.

Here are the screens.
Battle A screenshots.zip
Battle A - Novian victory.
(2.9 MiB) Downloaded 178 times
To be noted that neither Novians or Ratai launch any fighters in this battle. I just can't get it to work D: !!!. This gives small edge for the Novians, as Ratai has more idle battlecarriers. However, even if Ratai were able to launch, I would assume Novians would win anyway with their Eternity.

---

Then Battle B is quite interesting one. It follows the same pattern as the battle A. Ratai force on right gets wiped out while Novian force on left goes toast. In this battle Ratai have relatively larger force against the Novians than in battle A, which results that at the final clash, every time I run it, Ratai wins. The overseer usually survives, though there was one battle where Novians get the lucky shot to its hangar (where the magazines and fuel are and blow it up spectacularly (also taking out the light cruiser right next to it simulatniously)) - still, Ratai take the cake on this one every time I play. Usually both light cruisers survive with Overseer and one or Two Teus class destroyers, but in this screenie, we have little different outcome. Two Teus classes, one Guardian, Dragonfly and Arime (also survives each time).
Battle B screenshots.zip
Battle B - Ratai victory.
(3.36 MiB) Downloaded 184 times
About fighters: In this battle again white star nor Atheist launch any fighters. Only Overseer launches anything at all. However, counting in that without its fighters (which are main weapon of Overseer), the ship would be virtually useless with its low damage missiles. (It kept shooting one mine for 2 minutes in order to destroy it for example XD). Counting in that in battle A Ratai had disadvatange fighter vise and in battle B Ratai still do not have full launch ability, I would call this balanced. Fighters did not have any significiant impact to the battle - other than destroying one mine and sometimes getting blown up by missiles or beams.

--

But yeah.. This is what I get... I think this is Novian victory, but not complete. With Eternity surviving Ratai have no way to contest the novian forces in system any further, so definately they have to retreat. However, how many ships surive is the question.. least as I see it.

If there comes more results with both Ratai forces getting wiped out, I accept utter defeat.
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

Well then it's your turn. I got about the same results except for the first simulation that was both Novian wins.
Deus Est Mechanicus

R0ni
Captain
Captain

Post by R0ni »

So, which ship you prefer that survived? Shall we go with that image sequence with...

1 of each ship from Novian side surviving from battle A
and...
2x Teus, 1 Arime, 1 Guardian and 1 Dragonfly surviving from battle B?

Story vise this would be preferrable for me. Because Carriers also serve as command ships for Ratai armada. With all carriers blown up, highest Ranking officer is no higher than Captain - which propably will hastily pull out.

Im doing my move soon. Right now too busy D: !!!!