War for the universe - Ratai counterattack

For any empire/faction/race/species-etc. information related to your made-up BSF fleets or factions. Please keep to one thread per storyline/universe/faction/etc. where possible.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

R0ni
Captain
Captain

War for the universe - Ratai counterattack

Post by R0ni »

This is hopefully bit faster and easier to play (just Necro vs me) WFTU battle - or hopefully serie of battles. What I write here now, is all suggestions till agreed on, but I hope this makes sense enough.

Story:
Spoiler!
Even when the battle for Daike was still taking place, Ratai was already launching massive counterattacks against the Novians across the systems, most of these simple raids with some Mioran aid to scare the enemy a little, but one of these actually meant to pierce deep into Novian territory and cause Havoc. With Mioran intel reports about Novian specie and their star systems, Ratai began to form plans how to hit hard and deep into the enemy who had began this war completely unprovoked.

The goal of this strike was to hit Novian production and research facilities, even civilian infrastructure and with it, persuade Novians to retreat from Mioran territories and show the full strenght of Ratai might. Should SAR prove too difficult to pass through, Ratai required alternative route to continue their journey. If Novians could be forced to surrender, Ratai could virtually continue their journey without obstacles for good while.

The initial attacks began already on a following galactic day from the first engagements, where Ratai lost two battlecarriers. The across the border raids continued several days, but Ratai were careful not to place too much preassure on systems they planned to pierce through. After three galactic days, Ratai began their actual offensive..
Rules (All suggestions)
Spoiler!
I was thinking that with Novian forces spread across their systems thanks to Ratai and Mioran border raids, at the beginning Ratai have clear numerical superiority, something like 3 to 1. Of course, this sounds unfair, but we have to keep in mind that to actually get this game running, Ratai must invade least one system - or then the game ends quite fast XD. To make up for the numerical difference, the number of reinforcements gained is on Novian favor say.. 2 to 1. Where Ratai will get one ship, novians get two per turn - this is because Ratai are threateningly close to Novian home planet. Also, Novians can repair ships way faster at the beginning least. Ultimately the balance is turned upside down, where Novians have superiority and Ratai are outnumbered.

-All the systems on game map are under Novian control at the beginning. (map at the beginning)
-Ratai must gain beachead on bottom corner in order to gain reinforcements.
-Ratai are only able to maintain offensive as long as the supply ship is not destroyed.
-If Ratai loose the supply ship or are pushed out of game map, Novians win.
-If Novians loose all the systems, Ratai win.
-Damaged ships cannot join battle in next turn until repaired (supply ship can repair two, each novian planet (system) two)
-If enemy controls reinforcement point, it is inpossible to gain reinforcements through that system.
-Moar suggestions?
Turns
Spoiler!
-Reinforcements are recieved at the end of each turn.
-Fleets can move one sector per turn. (note, you can split forces)
-Rapairs (max number) can be performed once per turn.
-Turns are displayed here on the forum.
-All battles happening are posted as .enc file to the forum.
-Battles that have clear outcome.. (1 frigate vs 3 drednaught, lulz), can be just agreed on.
-24 hours time to respond per turn
Intitial Ratai invasion force (36 ships):
Spoiler!
1x Orentis battlecarrier.
2x Overseer battlecarrier.
3x Guardian hvy cruisers.
3x Stormbringer cruisers.
3x Dragonfly light cruisers.
5x Teus class Destroyers.
2x Angel class Destroyers.
1x Arime class Destroyer.
10x Chaser class Frigates.
5x Hammerhead class Frigates.
1x Oracle supply ship. (Picture below)
Ratai goals:
Spoiler!
-Destroy as many Novian installations as possible. Once resitance becomes too high, retreat out of the systems. Medium casualities acceptable. Do not attempt to hold invaded systems.
Map and image of the supply ship below.

What you think?
Attachments
SMscreen020.png
battle map.png
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: War for the universe - Ratai counterattack

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

Ah, I see. Not to happy about our little mission into Mior space eh.

Rules are a bit confusing though.
So some Ratai enter a Novian system and I send out twice as many ships as ratai, or is that in reinforcements?
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081
R0ni
Captain
Captain

Post by R0ni »

This would be like.. Campaign.. The initial ratai force would be larger than Novian defence, but rate of reinforcements and supply ability would be on novian side. This would mean that after few battles forces would be roughly equal in size and few battles later Novians would start to gain upper hand. The rate of reinforcements would be like few ships per turn and of course for novians twice the ratai number.
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

Ok, I get it. So when the RataI enter a system they have 3 times as many ships as Novians but I get twice as many in reinforcements.

What about timings for ship repair?
Deus Est Mechanicus

R0ni
Captain
Captain

Post by R0ni »

By the way, do you wish to name all the systems on the map?

with fleet size difference I meant the whole campaing map, all systems included. At the beginning I have 3x the ships, but the rate I can supply and get reinforcements is far less. You can choose to spread your fleet around the 7 systems you see on the map and my goal is to capture them all while your goal is to hold em. For example, when I enter the first system, I basically have the full fleet at my disposal for that battle (although I propably won't use all.) You can choose to place all your intitial ships there, though that propably would mean quite utter annhiliation and severely dimish your fighting chances later..

I would first play delay tactic, not comfroting the Ratai fleet directly before enough Reinforcements would have come through.

These are example moves:
Roni: 36 ships (full fleet to the bottom left system)
Necro: Placing 10 ships to the top left reinforcement point. 4 ships to the central system.

---
Move executed - no battles - Ratai invade system - Ratai recieve 0 reinforcements, Novians recieve ? Reinforcements (lets agree on reinforcement rate soon)
--

-Now, since I only recently invaded the system leading to reinforcement point, I don't get reinforcements till next turn.
-You get ?? number of Reinforcements which you can choose to get through either of the two reinforcement points.
-There was no fleet battles, so we go directly to next turn. This presents interesting situation. Now I have my full fleet at the bottom left. You have ships in two locations next to my system.
-I have the supply ship I want to keep intact, so I should not send it into battle. If you chose to place all your reinforcements to the system that is your reinforcement point at the top left, it would mean you would have more ships than just 10 waiting for my fleet. Now, If I sent most of my fleet (to ensure victory) to attack your reinforcement point, I would leave my supply ship vulnurable to attack from the central system. So propably I would leave just one ship to guard the supply ship and attack both your reinforcement point and the cental system.
-Now this would be interesting situation, as you can choose to hold or retreat. You can retreat from the central point or retreat from your reinforcement point. If you did latter, I would conquer another system without resitance and reduce your reinforcement points to 1 (though still double the Ratai rate), but now you would have full fleet at the central point, meeting my far smaller force.
-Do you now get the idea? This is like bit like Chess. At first you should try to bite my fleet when you can, but avoid full contact, and later once you would have the upper hand, push my fleet out of the map.
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

I think i do. What limit is there to the number of ships I have?

Also, the reinforcements could be received from nearby systems eg: if a battle takes place in one system, reinforcements could be received from any of the directly linked systems.
Deus Est Mechanicus

R0ni
Captain
Captain

Post by R0ni »

What you propose as good starting fleet? And Reinforcement rate? And yes of course, I think the reinforcements from neighbouring systems is covered by ability to move multiple fleets per turn (as long as they travel one system only)
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

Reinforcements could be called in each time a ship has been destroyed maybe.

5x 'Eternity' Dreadnoughts
5x 'Atheist' Battle-carriers
10x 'Redemptor' Battleships
10x 'Salvation' Heavy cruisers

Also here is the finished 'Nove sector' map:
Ner'an has currently gone supernova but that's probably irrelevant.
Ner'an has currently gone supernova but that's probably irrelevant.
Deus Est Mechanicus

R0ni
Captain
Captain

Post by R0ni »

Do you mean that there would be ~equal number of ships and each time ship is lost, it gets replaced by another appearing in.. "reinforcement point?" or what? And if that is the initial fleet then I need to buff up the Ratai fleet also.. My tiny frigates and cruisers cannot do much against those.

Edit: and do you wish to use the map that you made isntead the one I put as example?
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

Well each time a ship is lost, if i deem it necessary i could bring in more ships from a neighboring system.

You don't have to add the map but at least we know the system names now (ease of fleet positioning).
Deus Est Mechanicus

R0ni
Captain
Captain

Post by R0ni »

Well, I suppose that could work. And reinforcement rate would be? I was thinking that for Ratai it could be 1 heavy ship or 2 medium ships or 4 small ships. Orentis is too valuable for the fleet, so more of those super battlecarriers won't be granted. Would it be okay if Novians had 2x the relative Ratai reinforcement rate? 2,4,8?

Heavys:
White star Battlecarrier

Mediums:
Guardian hvy cruiser
Stormbringer missile cruiser
Arime Destroyer
Overseer battlecarrier
Dragonfly light cruiser.

Light craft:
All the rest.

Demigod is special ship and thus not available.
R0ni
Captain
Captain

Post by R0ni »

And since your intitial fleet would be:
5x 'Eternity' Dreadnoughts ~ Inferior to Orentis (with fighters)
5x 'Atheist' Battle-carriers ~ More powerful than white star
10x 'Redemptor' Battleships ~ More powerful than any of my crusiers.
10x 'Salvation' Heavy cruisers ~More powerful than any of my cruisers.

Would this be acceptable relative force since it should be larger:
2x Orentis battlecarrier.
4x White star battlecarrier.
4x Overseer battlecarrier.
10x Guardian hvy cruiser.
10x Dragonfly light cruiser.
5x Stormbringer missile cruiser.
5x Angel class destroyer.
20x Teus class destroyer.
2x Arime class destroyer.
15x Chaser class frigate.
15x Hammerhead frigate.
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

Well we will give it a go and see what happens i suppose. Those whitestars are stronger than you give credit for, maybe not in fire power but certainly in armor.

Could we begin the battles tomorrow though, its getting late for me and i do need my sleep to repel an invasion force LOL
(about 20 hours time i'll be online).
Deus Est Mechanicus

R0ni
Captain
Captain

Post by R0ni »

Well, I tested white star against Atheist and least that time it lost. Might need to run number of simulations.. by the way, if you have the fighter problem, we could disable launch ability and just place ready squadron.. like.. 4 fighters or bombers per hangar already launched?

If there is nothing else to add, I guess we could post our movement on this turn. I suppose if we figure any issues during "play", we can change the rules. This is supposed to be fun anyway.. (and ultimately Ratai are supposed to loose.. or least should (o. o )...)

EDIT: and sure, reply when you have time. No hurreh. ( ^U^)

Into the fire (first round).
Spoiler!
The Ratai assigned two floatillas into the assault and renamed the battlegroup as 124th fleet. Commander of the fleet was Admiral Kiro'i Yasuka, an great war veteran whom had been waken from cryosleep 8 years ago. Having seen number of battles, Kiro'i was known to be cautios in his decision, but never idle.

With 101 ships under his command, the objectives of Kiro'i was to strike deep into Novian territory and destroy as much as possible before forced to retreat. Moderate casualities were to be accepted. Decisive to fullfill his task, the admiral set course to Novian space, the two heavy battlecarriers Seru and Itorod spearheading the assault... No mercy was to be given - or asked.
Movement:
Spoiler!
Obivously I have only one way to go.
-Moving entire fleet (100) + 1 support ship to Lak'Tar
-No Reinforcements as I do not have any systems yet.
<End of my turn.>
Attachments
battle map.png
calvin1211
Commodore
Commodore

Post by calvin1211 »

Why's necro tossing so many big battleships around anyway? They're supposed to be pretty rare, and one or two showing up should be a big deal.