The Draconian Alliance

For any empire/faction/race/species-etc. information related to your made-up BSF fleets or factions. Please keep to one thread per storyline/universe/faction/etc. where possible.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

The Draconian Alliance

Post by Swamp Fox »

Howdy. Here it is. There are probably a few things I should clarify. First, this is in a galaxy near the BSF one. That should help with confusion. Second, I'm actually bringing this in from another war, I'm just too busy to try to think up another faction, so things may seem a bit random of out of sync.

The Actual Story:

Anatomy/physical structure:
I'll just say it. They're dragons. There are a few modifications though.
1: Prehensile tails
2: Opposable thumbs
3: They're warm-blooded
4: They almost never get sick. On the flip side, they have lousy doctors and are therefore susceptible to biological warfare
5: As luck would have it, they have vast quantities of carbon nano-structures in their bones
6: Their average reproduction rate is somewhere between 140 and 180 years
7: They don't seem to have an age limit. So far more Draconians die of falling scrap metal every year than old age. The reason this works is that after a certain point they just get bored with their life and go elsewhere, at which point we can no longer keep track of them.
8: Strangely enough, telepathy does not seem to work on Draconians. Every attempt at a telepathic connection so far has ended with the other person either acting like they simultaneously consumed 42 Pan-Galactic Gargle Blasters or trying to eat themselves from the foot upwards.

Society/Culture:
On the whole Draconians have a fairly peaceful society. This may seem a bit counter-intuitive for a primarily carnivorous species, but there's an explanation. Which I'll get to. In a while. Just a little more. Five more minutes. Here it is. Basically Draconians live a fair distance apart from each other, several miles on average. Mainly they only interact with each other when they get bored. Also, they're simply too good at killing things for a fight to have any real point. The only reason they formed a society in the first place was because they were being outdone by a more prolific species. This forced the Draconians to retreat to the mountains and develop new methods to deal with the competition. After a while they developed modular fencing to keep their boundaries intact yet mobile, and started moving out into the world again. In order to let their prey recover, Draconians simply ate the competing predators. After the competition was extinct things settled down again. The newly formed society, however, remained. It was a very loose one, but it was there. Soon more inventions were made, notably the wheel, and they started to develop. Eventually they moved out into the galaxy, and they've been there absorbing other groups into a giant confederacy-like-thing known as the Draconian Alliance. This entity is approximately 6-8 million years old. It's current size and combined population is unknown.

Military Stuff:
Oddly enough, Draconians seem to have a knack for destructive things. They quickly lost interest with projectiles, and so started playing with explosives. When they got bored with those, they moved on to particle and beam weapons. Actually, Draconian FTL was discovered by over-powering a mega-uber-beam-deathray-thingamajig, which created a wormhole. Since they follow the MORE POWER theory, they started building big ships. Recently, however, they have needed to mass-produce smaller, less capable ships to stand up to the sheer quantities of their newfound enemies. Yes, we're fighting an uber-war.

On a side-note, Draconians are very fond of unusual, elaborate, or just plain wacko battle-related things. This is why one of their favorite bluffs/distractions is to basically throw asteroids at their opponents. It's just odd enough to be noticed. Also, in order to avoid being wiped out in any major ground battle due to their low reproduction rate, Draconians rely heavily on combat mechs.
NOTE: There's a bit of a dispute over the definition of 'mech' so just think of them as droids.
Last edited by Swamp Fox on Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
Empty
Captain
Captain

Post by Empty »

They sound like Orkz.