The Children of Nyx - Chapter Two Updated

For any empire/faction/race/species-etc. information related to your made-up BSF fleets or factions. Please keep to one thread per storyline/universe/faction/etc. where possible.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

End of chapter one fixed, castrati-cop removed.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

:D

Getting better all the time.
Nyx Girl wrote: I must admit, I got a perverse sort of pleasure in telekineticly punching him in the face,
I wish I could do that to a few people I know.
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
Areze
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Areze »

I like it. Especially when she ruins the cop's shit as though it was an afterthought.
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

moor
Anna

Post by Anna »

Chapter Two - Thanatos
Sergeant Trey Barten was scared shitless. He knew that someone had broken into the compound, but he didn't know who it was or where they were. The instant that the computers had alerted them to the fact that there was an intruder, the whole system was suddenly shut down. That was half an hour ago. In the time since, he'd lost contact with everyone else in the facility. He was fairly certain he was alone now, and whatever it was that had invaded this place was still here, somewhere. Hunting him, probably.

He glanced around the room, holding his coilgun tightly to his heavily armour-plated chest, swearing beneath his breath. This hangar had been his last chance of escape, but it was no good; every single vehicle had been sabotaged in some way, and the airlock had been sealed shut. He was trapped inside this bunker, with no way out. Starting towards the door back towards the main control centre, he span when he heard a clattering sound behind him, lifting up his gun and pointing it into the darkness, wishing he'd remembered to grab his helmet before going on duty; whatever had knocked out the power had knocked out the lights, too, and night-vision would come in real handy right now.

"Is someone there!?" He shouted out, waving his gun about.

There was another clatter, this time behind him. He span around, firing off a few shots at a blurred shadowy figure that went streaking along a wall. More noise. Looking up, Trey spotted a figure moving along the catwalk above, raising his gun to fire, but with another swift, blur-like movement the figure was gone. Backing himself up against a corner, he waved his gun around wildly, beginning to spray hyper-sonic tungsten rounds in every direction while yelling at the top of his lungs, in the vain hope that he'd hit something, anything. It took less than five seconds for his amunition to run dry, and as he fumbled about for another clip, he heard another clanging of footsteps. Much louder this time.

"Shit, shit, shit! I'm not gonna fucking die here..." He muttered, fumbling to reload his weapon, "I'll fucking kill you fucker."

A thump, a swift blur just out of the corner of his eye. Turning towards it, he finished reloading his weapon and took aim, just as the lights began to flicker to life once more. Less than twenty yards away stood a tall figure in clad in very tight-fitting, black power armour, with no head protection except for a simple visor headset. His skin was deathly pale, and his hair was an odd silvery colour, and in each hand he held a Enblade; a miniture shield generator that created an intense shield only micrometers across, capable of easily cutting through flesh and even most metals. The Sergeant aimed carefully for the mysterious figure's head and snapped off a few shots, but none seemed to meet their target. The pale man was walking towards him, now, with slow, steady and even steps, and every shot Trey fired seemed to impact the walls behind him harmlessly.

Once the pale man was standing close enough to look him dead in the eye, the Sergeant unleashed a full volley of rounds at point blank range, and he was close enough to see them bounce off an invisible barrier and hear them impact on the concrete wall behind him. Those eyes, so black, nothing but pure black. Trey knew he was going to die there, but he refused to give in without a fight. He charged at the figure clad in black armour, tossing his gun at him and then swinging a punch at his face, hoping that his powered armour was fast enough to hit, and that the thrown weapon would provide an adequate distraction.

His hopes lead only to his death. A telekinetic shove tossed the weapon aside, and the enblades were raised to carve his armoured arm off in the blink of an eye, and in the moment after that, they were used to send his severed head skittering across the floor. These are the last memories of a dead man, and now they're mine. My name is Thanatos, Nyx-05. I stare down at my most recent kill and let out a sigh, deactivating my enblades and strapping them to my belt. He was the last one. Even using my telekinetic skills in a purely defensive manner, this mission had still been far too easy for my taste. Took all the fun out of things.

Still, I had been sent there for a reason. Now that I had cleared the place out, I needed to find Nyx-06 soon. She was close to reaching the age of five, which meant that soon her powers would awaken. I could only hope that she wasn't flawed, like I am. When my powers awoke, I heard Apate. I felt her presence, and I recieved all her memories, but she couldn't hear me. She couldn't share my thoughts or even look into my mind. It made her distrustful of me. Unsurprising, since I was a male, where all the other clones, and the orignal Nyx, had been female. Still, it was frustrating for me.

Lost in thought, I almost stumbled over the body of one of the scientists as I made my way into the lab, staring at her, floating in a chamber filled with a viscous green liquid. Nyx-06, my sister. She was called Oizys, and I would be taking her to join our family. Moving to the console next to her chamber, I began to remove her from stasis, raising a hand to activate my comlink.

"Jonas, tell Apate that I have the prize. I'll be returning to base within the hour, assuming all goes according to plan," I said, looking to Oizys as her chamber door opened.

Her eyelids flickered open and she stared at me for a moment, her black eyes so like my own filled with an intense curiousity, "Who are you? Where's Dr. Boren?"

"Doctor Boren had to go away, Oizys," I said calmly, offering her my hand, "I'm your brother, Thanatos, and I've come to take you home."
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

Cooooool entrance.

I christen him Manyx!
Forgetting internet deadlines since 2003
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

Nice indeed. Telekinetic ass-whooping never gets old.

Also, BoVinE, cool sig.
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
Anna

Post by Anna »

Getting away wasn't quite as easy as getting in had been. Oizys in hand, I activated the bunker's self-destruct mechanism and rushed back towards the hangar, ducking behind a nearby crate and pulling her along with me, covering her mouth with an armoured hand as the airlock opened and a squadron of heavily armoured and heavily armed synthetics stepped inside. These guys would be a real threat; they had no fear, their armour was incredibly thick, and their weapons could easily shoot down any vehicle I could use to escape.

There was a brilliant explosion less than a yard away from me as one of them fired its particle accelerator cannons dangerously close to my position. Shit, that was another downside, they had all sorts of imaging equipment, and what's worse is that I can't read their fucking minds. Well, looks like I'd need to get my hands dirty again. Shoving Oizys behind a large pile of thick metal crates, I stepped out into the open, raising my arms in a sign of surrender. There were ten in total. Fuck. Even using my telekinetic abilities for both offense and defense, there was no guarantee that I'd be able to hold them all off, let alone kill them all.

They hesitated for a moment, uncertain if they should try to take me prisoner, or if they should just gun me down right there. The instant one of them began to raise its weapon, I vanished from sight, activiting the active camoflague on my powered armour and hoping it would hide me enough to make things difficult for them. Blam. An explosion of sparks and molten steel erupted mere inches away from my foot as I ran in a zig-zagging pattern towards the nearest android. A brief flash of light and my Enblades tore through his torso. Darting towards the shadows, I was thrown several feet as another blast from a particle accelator cannon struck me cleanly in the back. Fortunately, my personal deflector shield was able to absorb the brunt of the impact. Unfortunately, it shorted out my active camoflague.

Now I was really screwed.

I must admit was starting to regret my earlier complaint about the lack of challenge, rolling behind a heavily armoured strike craft and raising a hand to tweak the dial on my headset, switching through the different EM spectrums until I found the one that would most easily allow me to spot my targets. Their footsteps were loud and heavy, but not as much as you'd expect for twelve-feet tall hulking monstrosities of heavy metals and electronics. Plucking up my enblades again, I peeked around the corner, cursing loudly as one of the targets spotted me straight away and raised its gun to fire. Unfortunately, dodging a blast of sub-atomic particles traveling at mere fractions of the speed of light is next to impossible. Fortunately, however, deflecting it with a well timed telekinetic push is not.

The lance of energy budged only a few inches, but that was enough to just barely miss me, and I took the opportunity to enter the fray once again. Another burst of telekinetic energy sent the android that had fired at me flying and impacting solidly against the far wall, leaving a huge dent in the wall, and literally crushing it. A little over-the-top, perhaps, but at the time, brute-force seemed like a far easier option than finesse. The remaining eight synthetic soldiers turned to look at their fallen comrade, only to instantly spin in my direction, weapons blazing.

But I was two steps ahead of them, this time. In the fraction of a second that their attention had been elsewhere, I leapt onto the ship I was hiding behind and ran straight at them, leaping as soon as their weapons began to fire. It took a few well timed telekinetic shoves to deflect the bolts of charged particles and the heavy tungsten rounds that were fired at me, and then I landed with each foot on either side of the nearest enemy's head. A swift plunge of an enblade ended him, and I darted back into cover, energy blasts and shrapnel skimming across my personal shield.

A short glance at the top of my HUD informed me that my shielding was down to critical levels, and I didn't even need to do that much to know that I had already started to overtax my telekinetic abilities, as my hands were starting to feel clammy, and my vision beginning to blur. Crouching behind the nearest barrier, I took a few deep but quiet breaths, listening to the clanging footsteps of the enemy. They were moving away from me. Why would that do that?

Shit. Oizys.

Seven left. It had drained me quite a bit already to just take out three. This would require a different approach. A more direct approach. I couldn't let them capture Oizys; I was expendable to Apate, she was not. I was okay with that, though. Closing my eyes tightly, I entered a command into the neural interface of my powered armor. A second later, I heard the beep of approval I'd been hoping for. My neural inhibitors had been deactivated for five minutes. Time enough to destroy every single one of these walking tin-cans with my telekinetic powers. Time enough to burn out every single last braincell and nerve ending in my body if I wasn't careful, too.

"Jonas, you may need to come pick Oizys up. If I don't contact you in the next five minutes, I'm KIA." I said into my headset, then stepped out into the open.

The androids turned to face me instantly, and then the ground began to shake a little. They opened fire, and hit nothing but the ground and walls around me. My whole body was on fire. This was another thing that set me apart from the other Nyx clones, apart from my gender; I could do things even they weren't capable of, but every time I did so it wrought havoc on my nervous system. Still, it didn't matter. Grinning from ear to ear I began to stalk towards them. I lashed out with every ounce of power I could muster, and then everything went black.
Quality Control Enforcer
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

Anna wrote:End of chapter one fixed, castrati-cop removed.
Every time I read "castrati-cop" I think of this singer

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ygJYxMP_ICY

Skip to about 0:58
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.