CF2:DoaE [OOC, Sign-up] *Sequel to CF:RotNE*

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

warhammer651
Commander
Commander
Location: i'll giv you a hint. it's somewhere in the vicinity of the third planet from the sun

Post by warhammer651 »

what date?

sunday is the 30th according to my calender
if everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.......idiot.
kaaskopp
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by kaaskopp »

uhm, id really like to join, but since this is all in english...

ill try to understand the ruleset. if i do this evening, ill post it here ASAP.

EDIT: ok, i didnt get it. i defenitly won't join this event. but is it allowed to watch it? learn by watch, so i can join the next event? ...?
warhammer651
Commander
Commander
Location: i'll giv you a hint. it's somewhere in the vicinity of the third planet from the sun

Post by warhammer651 »

meh, this all on the forums, i think, so you'll be able to watch.

@ur avatar: no i don't
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Oh. That's right. December is a long month. Yeah, Sunday Dec. 30th.
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Name [of Faction]: New Galactic Order [NGO]
Faction Details (opt.): The NGO is the remnants of the Galactic Guard (see below), dealing in top of the line military advancements. A lot of what is done is made possible by the support of hundreds of thousands people who have noticed the huge difference that the Galactic Guard made, and who view the Leader, Jason Zhorrn, in highest esteem. The final goal of the New Galactic Order is clear: absolute peace and unity.
Leader Name: Jason Zhorrn
Leader Bio (opt.): Born into a family that has recently rose from minor peasants from an out-of-the-way system to mid-ranking military officials. Following in his parent's footsteps and then surpassing them himself, Jason rose to a position he created himself: the head of the Galactic Guard. Dealing in terrorism, rebellion, and traitors, Jason took all measures to protect the fragile peace and unity that was the brief period of the Empire - and these measures have included spying, detainment, and torture. With the dying Emporer and the fracturing Empire, Jason has seized control of all military forces he could and has set off to bring about an era of absolute unity and peace - no matter what the cost (End Justifies the Means).
Social Class: Warrior
Major Political Ideology: Nationalists
Minor Political Ideology: Utopianists, Mercantilists
Opposing Political Ideology: Anarchists, Isolationists
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Nah, I was just busy today.

However, just a warning: There is an ever so slight chance I will delay this game to January 2nd. That's because there's an ever so small chance I'm going to New York City to watch the crystal ball drop (I live on long island! Take that foo!) on New Year's Eve, meaning I will miss a day to make a tick. That and I was more busy today than I thought I would be, and didn't manage to finish the planet list. It all depends on whether or not I go out tomorrow: If I do, then it'll be postponed to January 2nd. If I don't, it'll go on tomorrow as planned.

However, I won't postpone this indefinitely. I really want to get this second one off the ground.
Atrum
Captain
Captain

Post by Atrum »

Name [of Faction]: Nexus Alliance
Faction Details(opt.): The Nexus Alliance is the result of Project HEART, designed to create the "ultimate human", but all it managed to do was increase the intelligence of humans- Dramatically. Other than that, and their pupilless eyes, there are no differences from a Nexian(As they called themselves after the Exodus) and a human. The Nexians were driven from all Imperial-held planets and rallied to Jacques Vauban's cause. They settled on a single planet, and from there, began constructing a small fleet to defend themselves.

As Nexians are sorely lacking in manpower, they utilize AI and robotics extensively to bolster their forces. Nexian AIs are well-equipped with EMP shielding and counterintrusion measures to prevent them from being disabled. Nexian ships are also, due to their highly advanced power generators, fast and overpowered for their size. However, this increases the price of their vessels dramatically.

Citizens in the Nexian Alliance are never poor, seeing as everyone has a job with sufficient pay, everyone in the Alliance being enlightened enough to support the poorer parts of society.

Leader Name: Jacques Vauban(+Ruling Council/Council of Admirals)
Leader Bio (opt.): Jacques Vauban, a charismatic leader, was born into a family of HEART-enhanced technology tycoons, selling advanced robot marines and energy generators for starships. When the Nexians began their Exodus, Jacques rallied them to his cause and led them to a planet with abundant natural resources and easily breathable atmosphere- Perfect for the creation of a robot-centred army of which to defend themselves.

Type of Government: Benevolent Council Dictatorship
Social Class: Exiles
Major Political Ideology: Knowledge
Minor Political Ideology: Pacifism(They WILL however, fight with incredible zeal to defend themselves), Democratic.
Opposing Political Ideology: Warmongers, Isolationists

OOC: Can I has a planet, naemd Syrtis Prime? =3
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Ah, I forgot to add on "Transcendent" to the political party list.

I do believe that you need the Transcendent ideology for your major political ideology, and uhhh... We don't really have an equivalent for democratic... Please choose another one. Check the list in "party.txt". I didn't include 'democratic' since that's not really an ideology for how people should be, it's an ideology for how to govern the people.

And sure, just that it'll be under the "planet name" section in military/political factors. I'll use it as the name to refer to it, but it'll still be known as the planet it is originally. That's why I added a separate "name" section in military/political factors, so you can choose to name your planets. Just don't name every single one, I'm lazy like that.

That and, I just realized I made 2 really big errors:

A. I forgot that if you don't have an accurate census, you can't exactly get an accurate amount of how much of a population bonus you get for that planet. Therefore, I have made it much more abstract, each planet (or station) having a population of "tiny, very small, small" etc... as to ease the workload on me. Only stations will have their populations accurately tracked. When you conduct a census however, you will still get a single number - just that it represents your empire as a whole.

B. I completely forgot about "sector size", so I'm removing it. It won't have any implications on you or me (since I forgot to shape anything around it), just that the manual now has slightly wrong wording.

Lastly, the planet list is done. I'm just trying to balance out beginning holdings and making tax curves now. That's taking longer than expected, since last game I designed the costs around taxes, but now I'm designing taxes around costs.
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

D=

Wes stills onlys gots fives peoples. Other than that, I think you've done an absolutely amazing job so far as it is. I can't wait for this to start =D.

warhammer651
Commander
Commander

Post by warhammer651 »

i know.
this seems like it'll be a good game.

just so long as i don't run out of food. i have a tendency to do that
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

I swear, I make things like canadian game companies... Just a quick poll question though, would you all rather have an alien invasion somewhere along the game timeline? I already have planned out events for like... The next month of ticks (mentally, atleast), just that I'm not sure if I should put in the aliens, as that would 'unify' all of you against a single thread, and basically sort of end the game right there once you fight them all off, but then again, aliens make everything cooler.
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Sounds very Star Wars ish =P

I'd advise that you only really have one major story line... the sequel to this can be a massively huge alien invasion. Then after that you can have a bunch of bug like creatures attack, and call it something like the Shadow Nest Catastrophe! XD[/i]

Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

^ Gah! You read my mind! ^

Anyways, I just have to finish the last two tax sheets... Which I don't really need to do until next tick. I'm opening up the IC thread right now.

Oh yes, forgot to mention. You all start with at least 50 million credits, and with positive incomes, so don't worry about going under with your first tick spending. The smaller factions will start with more money.
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

How much starting money do we have?
What starting resources do we have?
What starting fleet do we have?
What are we allowed to do right now?
Do we have to do the math for production runs, or just tell you full?
Do you understand that I might update this post if I have more questions (:lol:)?

warhammer651
Commander
Commander

Post by warhammer651 »

alien invasion? why not?

just so long as we an negotiate wit'em