WYRDYSM GAMES

Home of Battleships Forever
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:38 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:48 pm 
Offline
Captain
Captain
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:48 pm
Posts: 396
Location: AI-Class Heavy Destroyer "Edenguard"
"I TOLD YOU THERE WERE FUCKING PIRATES HERE!" Lance howled. He unstrapped himself, hit the button, and the Shuttle Bay doors slid open.

Levelling his and Temujin's guns, he dashed out, and, taking whatever cover was availible, assumed a covering position for everyone. ATRUM activated the mental HUD for him and displayed targetting solutions for both the pistols.

"MOVE! MOVE! MOVE! WE DON'T HAVE ALL DAY!" He shouted.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:52 pm 
Offline
Pseudofeline Overlord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:37 am
Posts: 4034
Location: UK
Lance is met by a very empty courtyard and the sound of the wind... oh, and a tumbleweed that rolls past his feet. The architecture looks very Terran, but also very out of date, like it's from the early 21st century.

The ground is covered in a fairly thick layer of what looks like sand or snow that crunches underfoot, and there's no sign of any activity whatsoever. All the lights are off, the doors closed... no heat signatures, no tracks, no trails.

Nothing.

Spooky.

OOC: I'll draw up a map in a few minutes.

_________________
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ


Last edited by Arcalane on Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:53 pm 
Offline
Captain
Captain
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:48 pm
Posts: 396
Location: AI-Class Heavy Destroyer "Edenguard"
"What the fuck. MOVE! ATRUM, Visual track anything that could be hostile! Everyone LOCK AND LOAD!" Lance shouted, still pointing his pistols and looking around.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!Oh god this is creepy."

OOC: I glare at whoever calls me twitchy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:02 pm 
Offline
Pseudofeline Overlord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:37 am
Posts: 4034
Location: UK
Lance yells at thin air, for the most part, as nothing is moving at all. Save that tumbleweed, which definitely ain't hostile.

Image

To the southeast is a large bunker, half sunk into the ground and with a large lift standing to it's west. Almost directly north of Lance is a barracks, to the northwest a small shed. The northeast holds two office areas, and the southwest has a garage. Oddly, there don't appear to be any gates in the surrounding wall, which is about 30ft high. Or any roads, for that matter.

The bunker seems large and has no doors, but the lift almost certainly leads into the structure below it.

_________________
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:07 am 
Offline
Commander
Commander
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:23 pm
Posts: 219
Location: Aah ! Stalker !
EDIT: You're already on the ground you tard, and the shuttle had no ejection system - Arc.

EDIT: Oooh, you're on. Alright, then GM, how in god's name did the shuttle decelerate ? You hit pavement without parachutes and lived to tell about it - not to mention that the parachutes themselves would be torn to shreds.

Don't try to say thrusters either, because those'd be knocked out.

EDIT: The shuttle deployed the parachutes, genius. Like airdropping a supply crate. The inertial dampers did most of it, then the parachutes took over after they fizzed. See, the shuttle dropped in most of the way via the dampers. The deadzone was well within the atmosphere, so it was just a case of coasting down the rest of the way by parachute once the dampers had done the grunt work. - Arc.

EDIT: Psh, intertial dampeners ?!

Arcalane in PM wrote:
Because it was a shuttle primarily designed for interstellar flight, and the explosive bolts were meant for the DOORS.


So let me get this straight. A shuttle not supposed to be hitting atmo is equipped with intertial dampeners - which, BTW, aparently work like braking rockets ? The ship designers must've built in a baby changing table too; it'd only be one more superfluous addition.

In any case, I'm done debating :D. I feel I've won enough to feel okay.

EDIT: Primarily, not solely. It was also designed for re-entry. The dampers also incorporate anti-gravity systems. :roll: -Ac.

_________________
The preferred outcome of war, is peace. Ironic; huh ? -[citation needed]


Last edited by Raithah on Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:45 am 
Offline
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:35 pm
Posts: 887
Location: Below My Postcount
Lysa climbed out of the cockpit, cursing and flinging expletives and a few exotic choice words she picked up with the Wraith Squadron. I'll Court Martial them all, the bastards.

She turned to the rest of the cew. "Let's go Allison, we've got work to do. And the rest of you, outside now, please."

Lysa calmly walked into the courtyard and surveyed the surrounding land. She noticed that quite a few buildings stood near, all decaying but still standing. A giant wall enclosed the area, and no gates to pass through. It reminded her of a gladiator's arena, when an unsuspecting prey was raised through the ground and suddenly finds itself enclosed, unaware of death closing in. She resolved that she would be the hunter - not the hunted.

_________________
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

Wyrdysm Games wrote:
Stop quoting the line above in your sigs!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:53 am 
Offline
Captain
Captain
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:48 pm
Posts: 396
Location: AI-Class Heavy Destroyer "Edenguard"
"I'm gonna go check the bunker. Somebody watch Temujin 'cause I've got his pistol and I don't want him to die." Lance said as he motioned everyone out of the shuttle and walked towards the lift, his weapons still raised.

"ATRUM, any data on availible air, sensor and artillery support? What about reinforcements?"

"THIS IS -NOT- A MILITARY MISSION, YOU DOLT!"

"Was kinda used to that," Lance murmured as he stepped into the lift.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:11 pm 
Offline
aka SilverWingedHerpaderp
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:51 pm
Posts: 3418
Location: Elsewhere
Blanche let out a disgruntled sigh and unfastened the safety buckles, climbing out of her seat and slipping out of the shuttle, casting a brief glance around the area as she approached Lance.

"Listen very carefully. No one appointed you leader, here, and you running off like an idiot is not productive in the slightest," she stated, her tone calm and slightly lifted, like that of a mother telling off an unruly child, "Indeed, it could very well get us all killed. So I'll tell you what, cowboy, how about we wait for everyone to get out of the shuttle, we all introduce ourselves, and then we formulate a strategy together, huh? Doesn't that sound like a good idea?"

With that she took a step back, watching him intently to see how he'd react to her talking down to him, her lips curling into a smirk, "I'm Lt. Col. Blanche Arventus, IntOps. And you would be?"

_________________
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:12 pm 
Offline
Commander
Commander
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:23 pm
Posts: 219
Location: Aah ! Stalker !
aaaAaaand we're back.

"When did we leave ?"

In a single enhanced leap, I shot through the door, rolling as I hit the ground.

"Stats."

Can't see anyone. It look like you're at ease.

I surveyed the area. As my focus shifted to each building, a three dimensional blue print inlaid itself denoting it's storage. Any object that I look at is immediately uploaded to HAL's memory banks, to be further analyzed and displayed whenever required.

"That shed looks like a good place to start. Lets go there."

_________________
The preferred outcome of war, is peace. Ironic; huh ? -[citation needed]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:30 pm 
Offline
Captain
Captain
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:48 pm
Posts: 396
Location: AI-Class Heavy Destroyer "Edenguard"
"Yeah well with all the missiles flying I'll bet my money on the fact that the bloody bunker will have SOME semblance of a weapon for us to use. Ain't nothing here that's capable of causing us any trouble, your HIGHNESS." Lance muttered, stressing the last word.

"Display TacMap. Continue mapping as I move. Maintain HUD overlay and track moving objects. Filter sound for anything dangerous."

Lance dissapeared into the lift, then there were loud shouts, the sound of something being wrenched open and banging before he came out.

"Fucking thing wouldn't start. I'm going to help Bepop with the shed."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:48 am 
Offline
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:08 pm
Posts: 78
Temujin calmly strolls out of the shuttle, and then looks around. He shuttered at the thought of the grav field. There would have been an easier way to do this, but unfortunately, if his suspicion about why this place was here was correct, it wouldn't have worked. Or rather it would have, and then they would have been imploded remotely.

Picking up his datapad, he looks at its blank screen. He pulls out a field journal and begins recording ever piece of scientific data here that comes to mind.

_________________
In difficult ground, press on.
In encircled ground, devise strategems.
In desperate ground, fight.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:11 pm 
Offline
Captain
Captain
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:48 pm
Posts: 396
Location: AI-Class Heavy Destroyer "Edenguard"
OOC: CLEAR! *FOOM* *Topic resumes breathing* Defrib'd! This is not a useless bump; it is a on-topic post. This is an RP. So if I RP it's on topic, kekeke!

Lance pointed at his eyes, then made a gun sign with his hands, then pointed at the door. Basic military hand-signal for "Breaching Maneuvore".

He then levelled his pistol at the door, activated the flashlight, and prepared to kick it down.

OOC: Lance kicks the door down on Bepop's next post.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group