Off topic: Spacefarers (a sci-fi RPG)

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Off topic: Spacefarers (a sci-fi RPG)

Post by Captain Trek »

OOC: Now that I'm (fairly) confident that the forum has stopped shunting me back to an earlier date at random intervals, I thought I might introduce this forum game to you guys... I didn't do this earlier for two reasons...

1: Previously, we had so few people on the forum that I was afraid no one would join the game (and thus I would have wasted my time)...

2: Since we didn't have an official general chat section (which is where I would normally post something like this), I didn't think I should post this regardless. I really want to share this game, however, so I finally went ahead and posted...

Now, Spacefarers is a game that I invented two-and-a-half years ago and have since spread to a number of different forums. This will be the first active game in a while, however...

Instructions...

There are few very basic steps for joining the game...

1: You start off by creating a spacecraft, which could derive from a published work, or could be completely original. It can be pretty much anything that takes your fancy...

2: Post up a link with some basic stats (or write the stats yourself) such as size, weapons compliment, etc...

3: Provide a picture. I have included this a separate step because it is absolutely essential that you provide a picture,. It could be anything from a masterful piece of CGI to a hastily drawn doodle, as long as gives one an idea of what the ship in question looks like...

4: You're done! Just bring your ship into the game!

There are seven basic rules...

1: You are not allowed to destroy another person's vessel. Only a vessel's owner can destroy it (or allow it to be destroyed). You are, however, free to damage or otherwise effect the vessel within reason for your ship's weaponry and abilities...

Note: This rule is flexible and subject to change, depending on how the story progresses...

2: Initially, you may not use too powerful a ship. You can use any kind of ship you like, but it must not be something overwhelmingly powerful like a massive dreadnought, a huge Death Star-esque mobile station or a ship with an insta-kill super weapon. If you're not sure, trying looking for a ship that could be defined as a 'heave cruiser' (a medium to medium-heavy general purpose ship).

Note: I will have the final say on whether a ship is reasonable or not. Don't bother asking me though, as you can assume I find the ship acceptable unless I say otherwise... Also, this easily the least concrete of the rules. For one thing, I'm sure most of you will be able to use common sense...

3: The game is not to be played in script format (novel format only).

4: Do not play another person's ship or characters for them...

5: You are allowed to use a canon ship from a published work (though I would advise against it).

6: Please don't get overly silly and/or start spamming. It really pains me to see this happen to my forum games...

7: Above all, have fun with it... :)

Note: OOC and IC can be used to let the other players know whether you are speaking out of the context of the game (OOC or 'out of context') or within the context of the game (IC or 'in context'). You can also think of them as 'out of character' and 'in character', respectively, if you wish...

With out of the way, let's begin...

OOC: This is my ship, the Akira class Federation starship U.S.S. Adelaide, registry number N.C.C. 81111. Obviously, it derives from the Star Trek universe...

Here are several pictures of the Akira class...

http://www.strekschematics.utvinternet. ... /akira.jpg

http://www.shiporama.org/images/akira/akira51.jpg

http://members.lycos.nl/sovereign001fro ... /akira.jpg

Some excellent (albiet long winded) statistics for the ship can be found here...

http://techspecs.acalltoduty.com/akira.html

VERY IMPORTANT: Ignore all references to the class' 'flight bay' in the above link. The Adelaide does not have a flight bay (it has only a regular shuttle bay) and it does not carry fighters!

Finally, here is the warp table (to give you an idea of what the warp factors mean in terms of real speed) can be found here...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... ptable.gif

IC: The Adelaide flew fly silently through space. From a humanoid perspective, she was big ship, but she was but the tiniest speck against the vast void she had been sent to explore, with every one of thousands of points of light yet another distant star, if not another galaxy, far, far away...

At the apex of the huge, yet at the same time diminutive vessel, several officers had just reported for bridge duty. Amongst them was captain Henry Baker, a humble man in his early forties, from the Earth continent of Australia. Having just completed his log entry, he was now taking his morning coffee.

"Thank you," he nodded to the crewman who had brought to him. "Dismissed, crewman."

"Aye sir," the young man replied, before turning on his heel to leave.

The captain took a sip from his cup, then placed it down on the arm rest of his chair before looking up at the view screen. A beautiful golden yellow cloud filled most of the right half of the screen. Henry smiled, his emerald green eyes lighting up slightly. Amazing sights like this were a large part of why he had joined Starfleet. He was an explorer at heart...

"Coming up on class 3 nebula, captain," a voice said from somewhere to Henry's right. "That's, quite the breath taking sight, isn't it?"

"Indeed it is," Henry replied, still smiling.

It was the ship's science officer, Kevin Wilcox, who had spoken, a cheerful yet professional man from the southern part of Earth's northern islands, formerly known as Great Britan. The two gold insignia on the color of the blue trimmed tunic indicated his rank of lieutenant.

As he ran a scan of the nebula, as was standard procedure, pushing some of his hard to manage brown locks out of his eyes at the same time, the sensor panel beeped as the array made contact with something else.

"That's not all that's out there," he said. "I'm picking up a vessel nearby, unable to identify as yet. Our long range sensors must be being scrambled by the nebula, that's why I didn't read them sooner..."

"I see," said Herny. "Put the ship on screen."

OOC: Note, the vessel that the Adelaide has come into contact with will be the ship of whomever decides to join first...

So, any takers?
[img]http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb6/CaptainTrek/Federationsignature.jpg[/img]
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Oops ^.^
Last edited by Himura.Kenshin on Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

OOC: I think you failed at Rule #4, dude.

OOC: On a more on-topic note, would a Hiigaran Cruiser from Homeworld 2 - albeit heavily modified into a scientific vessel and technically resembling the former only in hull shape - be acceptable? I'm not sure if it would fall within the size limits or not.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Captain Trek »

OOC: That'd be fine, Arcalane. Actually, there's no size limit in Spacefarers, only a 'power' limit (i.e. when first starting the game, players aren't allowed to have ships with Death Star style planet killer lasers, for example).

Oh and Himura.Kenshin, yes, please don't role play other people's characters... In fact, I am declaring that entire post (sorry) to be invalid. I'll reply to whomever posts (correctly) next as if thier ship were the ship the Adelaide has encountered in my initial post...
[img]http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb6/CaptainTrek/Federationsignature.jpg[/img]
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

OOC: Ooo... this does sound interesting indeed... I'm not fond of using ships from other series myself, so I'll design a schematic for what my ship looks like using the ship maker, and post it up along with a description of its capabilities sometime in the next hour.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Captain Trek wrote:OOC: That'd be fine, Arcalane. Actually, there's no size limit in Spacefarers, only a 'power' limit (i.e. when first starting the game, players aren't allowed to have ships with Death Star style planet killer lasers, for example).
OOC: Ah. I wasn't sure because of the mention of cruiser size. I also mislinked - it's a carrier, about 1.5km long - not a cruiser. I need to re-work the specifications, which might take a day or two.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Boba Fettuccini
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Boba Fettuccini »

I'm in, its been a long time since I've had a good space RPG-esque game to play. And with a new batch of players, I shouldn't be able to anticipate everyone's moves :p

I'm going to be using a ship I designed for my serial comic strip... but it doesn't have a name, or any class-designation :p

The ship is a modified Earth Allied commercial spaceliner.

Stats:
Accommodation: 400 passengers, 50 stewardesses, 5 bridge crew, 45 general service droids, 1 backup pilot computer

Classification: Modified EA commercial 'jet'

Development Project Started: 2059

Production Start Date: 2064

Production End Date: 2082

Current Status: Irrelevant, in its modified state it is equipped with a temporal 'time hole' warp machine.

Propulsion: 2 super-fission drive nacelles, 1 temporal warp machine.

Weapons: 1 modified distress beacon, 2 sonic radio transmitters (used for deafening the other ship), 1 ion gun, and 3 small laser projectors.

Current Crew: 3. BPC (backup pilot comp) Unit, Zefram Smith, EGH (emergency geek hologram). Posibilty for more, the ship wanders through time trying to find both Earth, and the proper time-period.

Additional: Equipped with medium landing bay, and includes two space-limos intended for VIP transit to and from the first class deck.

As of yet, i have no post, cuz I have no material, but soon enough.
[center][url]www.boba-fettuccini.com[/url][/center]
Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Captain Trek »

OOC: Well, I'm still waiting for the first post (to follow on from my initial post). Himura.Kenshin's post doesn't count because he broke rule #4 (and badly)...
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

OOC: Here's my ship. The Indomitable.
If pictures of different angles are needed, I'll try to conjure some up, but this should do, for now.

Full Designation: TAE Eta-03 Indomitable. First and only ship of its class.

Length: 700 metres.
Width: 360 metres.
Height: 90 metres.

Crew Compliment: 200, a mixture of android and gynoid.

Propulsion: Advanced Ion Engines, sublight maximum acceleration of 3000G's. Poor maneuverabiliy. Maximum sustainable hyperspace speed of approximately 15,000 times the speed of light.

Armament: 36 Heavy Railguns, Four Missile Launchers which fire missles at at a rate of 10 missles/second, with a variable yield up to 32 megatons per Missile, two Nova Cannons (Exotic Matter Particle Beams), compliment of 50 automated defense drones, and 50 automated attack drones, maser point defense grid.

Additional information: Constructed by a group of sentient AI's that were created and abandoned at a human research station, this ship is rather unique. Its ftl engines shift the ship into Hyperspace, where the ship can traverse great distances in far less time than normal. The Indomitable has almost no shields at all, with the exception of structural integrity fields, which are only needed when the ship has sustained significant damage.

The ships primary defense is its incredibly thick armour, which can be temporarily reinforced for a short while if necessary. It also carries automated defense drones, which create artificial gravity bubbles to lure away projectiles launched at the ship. It also uses heavy ECM to make up for its lack of shielding. Its hull construction makes using transporters to travel in or out of the ship very difficult, but not impossible.

IC:
Captain Elonius sat in his chair, idly stroking his fingers over his duranium chin, staring intently at the ship - the Adelaide - on the bridge viewscreen. It certainly looked like a human designed ship, although he couldn't be certain, as his people hadn't encountered any humans in more than a century.

"Advocant, scan their ship for lifesigns. Try not to be detected, I don't want them thinking our intentions are hostile." He said finally, turning his optical recievers away from the viewscreen to glance at Lieutenant Advocant, who was manning the ship's sensors.

"Yes, sir." Advocant responded in a clear, crisp mechanical voice, sounding rather cheerful as he activated the lowest level of active scanning, "Well, sir... the readings are a little fuzzy, but it appears to be a human ship, although there are some xeno lifesigns... sir, I believe their sensors have detected us."

"Hmm... fascinating," He muttered, "Indomitable, try to open a channel with them."

"Affirmative, Captain." The ship's AI responded, attempting to establish contact with the Federation vessel.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Winged Cat
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Winged Cat »

In the interests of something different...

Smaller form (the grey and white one on the left)

Yes. Cabbit. But not precisely Ryo-ohki.

Stats (for this RP):

Crew: 1 pilot/symbiont (telepathically bonded to the ship; without this bond, a cabbit will grow depressed and die within a month, typically via diving into a convenient star or other suicidal maneuvers, barring drastic measures to keep up its morale)

Passengers: up to 10 (but that's pushing the life support)

Classification: Raider/courier; civilian only, since being a symbiont typically affects the pilot's mind in ways incompatible with military service

Sublight propulsion: artificial gravity generator allows it to "pull" itself through space at speeds up to Warp 0.9, using interstellar gasses, asteroids, comets, stellar winds, and whatever other material is nearby for reaction mass

FTL propulsion: capable of generating point-to-point "space folds" - controlled artificial wormholes - with several hours of recharge between fold generations; maximum range (and recharge time) can vary highly depending on the state of the cabbit but averages 100 light years (some cabbits can fold two or three times before needing recharge)

Weapons: organic plasma projector array (divides itself into a varying number of beams depending on the situation), limited phasing ability (to board larger craft right through intact hulls), tractor beam grade applications of artificial gravity (see sublight propulsion details)

Additional: Can compress itself into a highly compact quadruped, appearing similar to a cross between a cat and a rabbit (thus the neme), although all cargo and occupants must vacate the ship first. Whether this was developed for stealth capabilities or merely to aid the psychic bond between pilot and ship is unknown.

---

The Mu-ohki was hungry. Now, for an Earth-standard human being, "hungry" might mean it was time to eat an apple, or if one was very hungry, a largish sandwich. This would suffice to provide the nutritional requirements and relatively miniscule, on a cosmic scale, energy needed to keep functioning. For a living starship with far larger energy requirements and relatively fewer need for nutrients, snacking on a nebula was like drinking from a river of sugar water.

Mu-ohki's pilot, designation 10ID94X9 and self-name Meryl, sighed in mild boredom as her bondmate fed. She felt the hunger through their shared thoughts - this refueling stop was needed, to some degree - but she wondered if perhaps Mu-ohki was enjoying it a bit too much. Feeding for the pleasure of feeding was inefficient, and might require a visit to the clinic for maintenance sooner than either Mu-ohki or Meryl would prefer. She blew at an errant strand of hair in annoyance - she knew the Regulators had their reasons, and they had warned her that she would struggle to maintain her appreciation of them after bonding. They thought it was some kind of unidentified hormone shift.

I wonder, she thought, if any of them have ever, truly, experienced freedom. If they know what it is we pilots experience every time we dance through the black. If they have any emotional memory of what we temporarily give up when we must submit to them, that we may continue our dance.

Pulling her mind from such thoughts, she pulled up a map on the display in front of her, going over her mission once more. Those who had remained on Earth had finally expanded into space, it seemed, and reports were needed as to how far this "Starfleet" of theirs was exploring.

What no one said openly, but what all thought, was whether Earth-bound humanity still bore the prejudices that caused her ancestors to build a colony ship and flee. Would they now accept those who embraced biotech, who had begun to unlock the secrets of psionics, who freely modified themselves and their children for superior performance, who communed with their most advanced machines instead of relegating them all to mere tools incapable of perception and loyalty, and who in general sought to transform themselves to fit the universe instead of the other way around?

Will they accept us, their children?

Or would Meryl's kind be branded as "aliens" who must be extinguished in the name of "preserving humanity"? Certainly, the new collection of intelligences no longer considered themselves "human". From the silicon-and-metal AIs who ran most of society's higher functions, to the organics like Meryl who retained much of the human look and feel but had so radically changed inside, "human" was a word to describe their ancestors, never themselves.

A ping of alert roused her from her contemplations. The sweep of an active scanner, familiar yet foreign. With a thought, she fully linked her mind to Mu-ohki as their own scanners locked in on...

She gulped. That was a Starfleet insignia! What were they doing here?!? Diplomatic teams were still preparing for the official first contact...but much as she might not fully appreciate the Regulators, their orders were clear. In this situation, DO NOT fire unless first fired upon, even if they seem like they are about to attack. DO attempt to open communications - here's the protocol they seem to be using these days, and if that does not work, here's a centuries-old backup we can hope they still use, and if that fails, attempt to board them at low speed without damaging them. DO keep your scanners open: where there is one ship, more may follow, and there have been unconfirmed reports of other races - not to mention others from Earth, some as recent as Starfleet, while some older than us - traversing this sector.

There was just one problem: the Indomitable. Mu-ohki had been hidden in the edge of the nebula - officially, patrolling out this far was a job for the Navy, not some independent cabbit pilot - but, well, if it ever came out that she was here...hiding from the Navy without strict orders not to was excusable. Violating standing directives regarding first contact was not.

Thus did a signal slip across the void - the equivalent of "Hail, ye of the abandoned Earth, might we parley?"

(EDIT: The post above this one was made while I was writing this...but the themes do somewhat fit, so merging this one in to that.)
Last edited by Winged Cat on Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

OOC Placeholder

Post by Aralonia »

for when I join in earnest, all images courtesy of Homeworld 2 modification Point Defence Systems

[STAT BLOCK INBOUND]

HGNS Stellar Ranger, supported by two wings of Trident Light Assault Craft

HGNS Stellar Ranger, LiirHra Advanced Cruiser [Block 30]
Length: 550 meters
Beam: 120 meters
Depth: 60 meters
Mass: 435 kilotons*
Standard Velocity: 4500 km/s
Maximum Acceleration: 500 Gs or 4.9 km/s^2
Hyperspace Targeting Capability: 25000 ly/jump at .01 light-second accuracy
Craft Bays: none present
Primary Armament: 2x dual 12GW ion beam cannon (turreted, beam effective range 0.5 light-seconds), 4x 1200mm Strategic Bombardment Cannon (fixed-forward)^
Secondary Armament: 4x dual 275mm railcannon (turreted, KE penetrator rounds/anti-strikecraft burst rounds)
Tertiary Armament: 8x dual 115mm mass driver (turreted, anti-strikecraft burst rounds), 10x 2GW pulse ion beam cannon (3 gimbal mounts per side of bow/4 turreted)
Guided Missile Armament: 7x 10-tube 800 kiloton warhead launcher (box launchers on bow, three topside/four underside), 4x 2-tube 2 megaton warhead launcher (fore bow launchers), 4x 5-tube 300 kiloton warhead launcher (aft launchers near engineering section), 4x rapid-fire point defence anti-missile interceptor launcher (aft launchers near engineering section)**
Combat Support Avionics: ECM/ECCM/ECCCM systems, Hyperspace Sensors Array

*before anyone doubts the mass: SpringSharp sets a 750m naval vessel on water as about 1.5 megatons
^Strategic Bombardment Cannon rounds are cluster rounds that travel towards a target and separate into three rounds at a range of 0.02 light-seconds, then detonate with the force of a 20-megaton blast within proximity of targeted vessel
**any starship has enough mass/armour/point defence to successfully ablate/shoot down salvoes upon salvoes of missiles – get creative (hyperspace defence systems, anyone?) - besides, i'm not foolish enough to launch my entire missile salvo at one time, leaving me horribly vulnerable. >_>

Additional Combat Images:

Firing initial SBA rounds and missile salvo from box launchers to overwhelm point defences - ablative armour successfully deflecting beam cannon blast

Ion beam turrets targeting two Al'Moudamer CK while being hit by missiles from a third whose reactors went nova several seconds after this image was taken

Banking to fire box launcher missiles, combat imaging drone nearly set off missile due to proximity. Off screen is Al'Moudamer CK that would be torn apart by missile swarm

(and when I mention Al'Moudamer CKs, I mean Vaygr Destroyers.)[/url]
Last edited by Aralonia on Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Da_Higg
Captain
Captain

Post by Da_Higg »

I have two ships but it will all be made clear

The Merchant's Pride
Length: 400m
Width: 50m
Height: 30m

Armament
6 Heavy Laser Cannon
4 Thermo Torpedo Launchers
4 Pulse Shock Cannon

Fighter bay and repair systems.

Bottom
Nova T& cruiser
Length: 450m
Width: 45m
Height: 25m

Armament
1 Heavy Laser Cannon
1 Thermo Torpedo Launcher
2 Medium Laser Cannon
6 Light Laser Cannon

-----
story cut and re-done later on
Last edited by Da_Higg on Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
Look Up
upon reading this:
50% of people will have scrolled up
25% will have looked at their ceiling
The last 25% can now feel smug because everyone else has taken orders from a little sig box.
Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Captain Trek »

Forgetting all about his coffee, Captain Baker eyed the vessel on screen, mostly out of curiously as to just who might be on board, and where the ship had come from in the first place. It was slightly larger than a Sovereign class and had a distinctly arrowhead-like appearance. It was a harsh minimalist design, perhaps reflecting those who had built it. His musing were interrupted by his science officer's voice.

"Sir, I've got low level energy readings emanating from the ship," Kevin reported. "I think we're being scanned..."

Henry sat back in his chair a little. He could raise shields, but that wasn't his way, or Starfleet's way, for that matter. In a first contact scenario, being scanned was to be expected, not feared...

"Return the favor, lieutenant," he said after another moment's musing. "And, don't try to hide it from them..."

"Aye sir," Kevin nodded.

Kevin worked his console, his sensor pallets openly scanning the other ship. The nebula was warping and refracting long range scans, but the short range pallets, which operated rather differently, were hardly effected. He found his sensors were hard pressed to try and scan through the nebula, however. Thus, he did not detect the small contact loitering on its other side, 'drinking' energy from the nebula.

Kevin found himself intrigued by the sensor returns he did get, though. The ship's hull was very thick, which was hindering some, but not all of the pallets. He didn't dectect any life signs, yet the vessel appeared to be fully operational. He also noted the vessel's apparent method of sub light travel...

"I'm not detecting any life signs sir," he reported. "It may be that the ship is fully automated. I'm reading a thick armored hull and what appear to be a large number of weapon mounts. Also, the ship's propulsion appears to be ion based..."

"Not much thrust value there..."

The man sitting at the helm station was Dante Keating, a lieutenant, junior grade in his mid twenties. His accent was mildly North American Earth continent. He was somewhat flamboyant and tended to laugh easily, which sometimes lead others to believe that he never took anything seriously, but truth was that he was a good officer, a fine helmsman dedicated to his duty. He was often one to make comments like that. Henry just took it in his stride, for the most part. He appreciated a crew who could have their own opinions, which was part of why he had selected Keating in the first place.

"I've learned never to underestimate a ship with ion engines, lieutenant," Henry smiled. "So, she's an automated warship, 'ey?"

"It would appear that way, sir," Kevin nodded. "Perhaps she is designed to respond to any vessel that approaches within a certain area, or crosses the border into their territory?" he suggested.

Before Henry could answer him, someone else spoke first.

"Sir? We're being hailed..."

Albert Holden was the ship's communication's officer. He was an ensign fresh out of the academy, egar to make an impression and keen to learn the ropes. Captain Baker had seen the potential in this young man from the colonies and had thus granted him a posting on his new command. He would make a fine officer one day, Henry was sure...

"On screen," Henry said, obvious curiosity in his voice...
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Aralonia, request, can you crop/resize the image? We all don't have 1280x(other number) resolution...

The Sword of Ragnarok, the flagship of the Fimbulvetr from the Great Fleet Wars of 7656. She still serves active duty, but nothing major.

Designation: SoR31-3D8607 / Sword of Ragnarok

Length: 670 Meters
Width: 260 Meters
Height: 90 Meters
Mass: Unavailable

Armament:
4x K32 Missile Batteries - Burst firing, Capable of launching 20 missiles each in rapid succession.
1x X192 Prototype Megabeam - An experimental beam that when fired...
2x X78 "Big Sal" - (Not the Beamers) Big, heavy beams that can put out quite a lot of power.
2x LO-43 Beamer - Capable of moving along the side of the ship, it fires lasers in rapid bursts. Useful against smaller targets.
4x LO-22 Point Beams - Small, deadly accurate rapid-fire lasers.

---------------

"Sir, we're under attack!"
"By who?"
"I don't know! Look if you don't believe me, Lieutenant Commander."
"But that's impossible... That ship, it's far too large to be any known vessel..."
"The radar doesn't lie."
An explosion is heard
"What was that?"
"I don't know, it sounded like it came from the port side."
Another explosion rocks the ship
"Sir, we've lost one of the forward generators!"
"Turn to the enemy! Prepare to fire!"
"Yes, sir!"
"On my command... Ready the Missiles! Fire!"

The Missiles streak towards towards it's target...

"Direct Hit!"
"Ha! Let's see how they like us now... Reload and... Wait a minute... it looks like they completely shrugged that hit off! How is that possible?"
"Sir, the Big Sal's are ready, shall we fire?"
"I suppose. Fire away!"
"Firing..."

A large explosion is seen upon contact...

"We got 'em!"
"Great. Let's..."
An extremely large explosion rocks the ship.
"What was that? Damage report!"
"Sir, we're at 40% damage."
A series of explosions occur...
"What now?"
"Sir, we've just been hit by something. Something large. Estimates are now at 72% damage! We won't survive at this rate!"
"Hrmm... We can't just sit here and get our asses handed to us! Prepare the Mega Beam!"
"But sir, we've never actually used it in a combat situation... Who knows what could happen?"
"Well do you know what'll happen if we don't do anything?"
Another explosion rocks the ship. The power flickers temporarily.
"Alright, locking... Aiming... Initiating firing sequence... Alpha Gamma Centauri... Alright! Fire!"
"What's happening? Why isn't the weapon firing?"
"I don't know sir, it appears..."

Suddenly, the ship starts vibrating intensely... Sirens go off everywhere.

"What's happening? Get a tech guy on the line!"
"Well it appears the generators... Something about them... They're-"

Unfortunately the sentence is never finished. The Sword of Ragnarok is catapulted through time and space...
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

OOC: Ouch... I did, and seriously. I can't believe I missed that part! My apologizes. It was such a good beginning though =P. I just thought we were going to end up building upon each other's stories... less of the RPG type, more of the Story writing. I really don't know how I came to that conclusion :shock: o.O

EDIT:

Just read the story so far. How many story lines are we trying to fit into one?
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]