Galactic Conquest Organization Ideas & Discussion

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

Meh, don't worry, if you want I'll get you up to speed sometime (gotta hit the sack now).

P.S. Sorry about the off-topic-ness, let's try to keep it central here.
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

T-002 wrote:You, Echo, just made my day. No offense, but that made me laugh so hard.
Your happy, I'm Happy, Everyone wins. :D
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

Aimai san sen - sorya puni tte koto kai? Choh!
Rappingu ga seifuku...daa furi tte kotanai - pu!
Ganbaccha ♥ yacchaccha
Son to kyaacchi & Release - yo!
Ase (Fuu) ase (Fuu) no tanima ni Darlin' darlin' F R E E Z E!!

[ERROR- SYSTEM RESET

sudo reset \home\dir\core\process\memory_0116.mem

[SYSTEM RESET FINISH]

IT BEGINDED

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6333/greatmapws5.png
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Are we to add to that map or are u guys doing to do that for us.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Oh, by the way, here's some basic rules to expect;
  • Fleets will not be omgwtfhueg.
  • Ships will probably be kept more to a BSF-stock scale in terms of size and armament for the sake of sanity, fast battle resolution and easy pricing.
  • There will be no wankships. That is final.
  • All ships will comply with the posted rules or not be allowed for use. That is final. This means we will need to examine the blueprints.
  • Flagships have more leeway than normal ships when it comes to restrictions, but don't expect them to be cheap. You will only be allowed one at a time as well.
  • Weapons cannot be modified whatsoever. This is also final. There may be some leeway for range enhancements only for flagships, and only within reason.
  • Colonies can be captured or destroyed. They can also be blockaded. I'll explain this in a moment.
Blockading

Blockading, effectively, is the practice of blocking off trade routes, etc. to a system, port or planet. In this case, two things can be blockaded; the natural warp routes, or a system.

Warp Route Blockades
When a warp route is blockaded, a fleet is essentially camping out at the exit. Any ships that exit warp must either identify as friendly, engage in combat, or turn around and leave again.

Effectively, this gives you an extra layer of defense when protecting your home systems or borders.

Planetary Blockades
When a planet/system is blockaded, this has two effects; that system no longer generates income for it's owner, and the blockader also has the option to halt/destroy any ship or base construction.

There is also a slight chance that a planet will rebel against it's owner and join the blockading fleet's faction, but this is very low.

Obviously it is impossible to blockade your own systems.

Planet Capture
To capture a planet/system, you must drop at least one unit of Troops using a Transport. Planetary capture is very streamlined;

If the planet has no Troops defending it, then it is captured.
If there is one unit of Defending Troops for every unit of Attacking Troops, then there is a stalemate.
If the number of Defenders is higher than the number of Attackers, then the planet is safe.
If the number of Attackers is higher than the number of Defenders, then the planet is conquered.

For example; I land one unit of troops on Beta Orion's capital. There are no defenders. I capture the planet with little resistance.

I land two units of troops on Alpha Coriolis' capital. There are two units of defenders. We fight to a stalemate and require reinforcements.

I land another unit of troops on Alpha Coriolis the next turn. I then win, because 3 > 2. Simple.

However, if my enemy has a transport that reaches Alpha Coriolis with additional troops before my transport, increasing the number of defenders to 3, my 2 are outnumbered and defeated.

If both transports arrive at the same time, then it is again a stalemate.

Systems, Planets, Boundaries and Ownership
For the sake of sanity, each system is considered to have only one habitable planet that determines the ownership of the system.

An empire can "claim" a system even if it does not inhabit it. However, you cannot claim systems that are not directly linked to your own systems. Two feuding empires can lay claim to a border system, for example, but you cannot automatically lay claim to everyone's homeworlds from the start of the game*.

(*You can from an IC PoV, but not ingame. :P)
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Cerebrus
Captain
Captain

Post by Cerebrus »

I'm in. How do we determine where our civilizations will start?
[i]...can we hold on...?[/i]
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

You will get to add ~4 of your own systems (well, technically) to the edges of the map. Like Aralonia's down in the corner, player system areas will start around the edges. You get 1 homesystem and 2 inhabited, plus two uninhabited systems between you and the map or in any organization you please. Catch is, you can't tie yourself into a dead-end system (no easily defensible chains, kthx). Each system must be linked to at least two others.

Also need to bug Aralonia about that as I see he's given himself 1 extra of each. >/

Oh, and something else;

There will be a couple of Non-Player Empires on the map. These NPEs will defend their space and negotiate with the players just as normal players do. They are also limited to following the game rules, and though they have slightly better starting situations, they are more towards the middle of the map than the edges, and they will not expand very much.
Last edited by Arcalane on Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Mjolnir
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mjolnir »

I have a balanced fleet on the build, so count me in.
[img]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8666/cylonbasestareyevq0.gif[/img]

Mjolnir, Hammer of Thor. Id like to see you try to kill me, and why would you want to take my stuff, its all crap anyway.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Mjolnir wrote:I have a balanced fleet on the build, so count me in.
Don't start building anything specifically until you see the actual rules and pricing.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Mjolnir
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mjolnir »

Ill edit that sentence.
"I have a balanced, easily modifiable fleet on the build, so count me in."
[img]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8666/cylonbasestareyevq0.gif[/img]

Mjolnir, Hammer of Thor. Id like to see you try to kill me, and why would you want to take my stuff, its all crap anyway.
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Thought of these names while I was walking around...
Universal Chaos
and
The War of the Races
can also be War of the Planets
or War of the Systems

EDIT: Why did the rules go over my head? Best Limit Name To War of the Systems then. Shall I start the Roster Thread NOW :roll: ...
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Arcalane wrote:Oh, by the way, here's some basic rules to expect;
  • Fleets will not be omgwtfhueg...
I'm Assuming you mean Huge. And if you are, so much for my "zetsaber" *Flush*. At least I still have my "Longbow" Flagship plan, hopfully...
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

In terms of size and composition yes.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Oh hey.

"I have a balanced, easily modifiable fleet on the build, so count me in too"
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Still Havent answered my Roster Thread Question. Yes or No.