WAR FOR THE GRAIL - Part 1: World Of Origin

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Re: WAR FOR THE GRAIL - Part 1: World Of Origin

Post by Lizzie »

I guess I'm voting D. I'm not sure I want us to kill the children though they could... be very threatening.
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

For some reason going with you there. B

As for Lukashmah: I'll let you burn people down when necessary next time, Anna :3
Quite frankly I wonder why I ever began making ships for this. You see, my work never becomes quite as good as I feel it deserves to.
Lukasmah
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Lukasmah »

You are assuming I'm trying to be funny, which is incorrect.

I'll vote for D. Leave the kids for now till we talk to blossom again.
"Quotes posted on the internet are hard to verify."
-Abraham Lincoln
Siber
Captain
Captain

Post by Siber »

Being a smartass isn't better

A for me. D is a decent second.
seriously Anna. seriously oh my gawd seriously.

Author of DAF and Sillyness
Co-founder Homeworld:@
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

I've gotta vote for B, they'll probably end up killing themselves in horrific ways due to the power strain anyway.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

D, but use B as a fallback.
naysayers will be shot
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

C/D
E: Ask the scientist who the invincible man was. Then when she is of no further use, make her suffer. I'm not usually one for gratuitous spite, but I say we shoot her knee cap out and make her realise what she has done is wrong. Finally leave her in the desert to starve.

Too much?
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081
-Desert-
Captain
Captain

Post by -Desert- »

Meh, it's not that bad. It's by far not as painful as breaking every bone in someone's body...
Quite frankly I wonder why I ever began making ships for this. You see, my work never becomes quite as good as I feel it deserves to.
STARSTRUCK

Post by STARSTRUCK »

I will plug in another D.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Very sorry for the lack of updates. This Quest Thread is not dead or abandoned, I've just had a bit of a rough week so far. Will write an update tomorrow after work. Sorry for the delay.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

I decide to leave the matter for Blossom to deal with, turning my attention to more important matters. Dr. Winters herself, however, was simple to sort out. The next time she referred to the children as test subjects, I shot her in the head and approached the next most senior scientist, the elderly man whom I had heard speaking about the children during my first infiltration of the complex.

"Blossom - Unit 143 - is in charge of the children now, even the Alpha-stage subjects, understand?" I tell him pointedly, "If you want to run tests, she needs to approve them. If she says to terminate the Alpha's, you terminate them. But if I hear another scientist refer to these children as though they're labrats, I will personally deal with them. Am I understood?"

He grunts, pushing his wire-frame glasses up his nose and giving a small nod, his sunken eyes hooded beneath shaggy white eyebrows, "Yes, yes. Perfectly clear."

"Good. Have that cleaned up." I tell him, gesturing to Winter's body before holstering my pistol and heading for the command center.

We spend the rest of the day getting set up. Assassin isn't pleased about this change. She doesn't seem opposed to our alliance with Blossom and Rider, and seems to have a sort of respect for Rider even, but she insists that the base is insecure, and refuses to 'babysit' the scientists and children. It's fine, though. I'm sure we'll be able to handle things. As long as that gold man doesn't come back.

Finally, at around midnight, we finish setting everything up. The main computer is back online, and all the inactive security systems have been reactivated by Assassin, and upgraded where possible. We've got an impressive comms relay, and a connection to a network of surveillance satellites in orbit around Akasha. Rider and Blossom are safely tucked away in the secondary hangar, and to boot, we managed to salvage several of the piloted mechs. I might take one of them for myself. Or maybe I'll ask Assassin if she can use the parts to make me something more impressive. I'm not quite sure what she's capable of, in that respect.

"So, Master. What do we do tonight?" Assassin asked me, peering over my shoulder at the computer screen.

"There are a lot of options. We could start tracking down the other Masters. With your abilities and this surveillance network, we could probably track down just about anyone." I say.

Assassin nods her head, "That's true. But it's been a busy day. A lot has happened. Perhaps we should rest, while we have the opportunity."

I turn my chair to face her, watching her as she leans back and puts a few feet of distance between us, her glowing eyes watching me silently. She shifts her weight a little from one foot to the other, raising a hand to comb her fingers through her short, green hair, brushing loose strands away from her eyes. I can't help but smile at how human her mannerisms are.

"I'm not sure I can afford to rest." I finally say, pushing myself to my feet. My muscles protest. After such a rough day, sitting down for an hour or two had been relaxing, and I was reluctant to give it up, "The other Masters are going to move against us eventually. That Berserker is a monster. He's huge, and he's powerful, and who knows what sort of Marble Phantasms he has. We still don't know anything about Lancer, Caster or Archer's abilities. And Saber..."

"Saber is your brother's Servant, and you're hesitant to attack him, despite his Servant being the obvious target." Assassin piped in.

With a sigh, I nod. It's true. We already know what Saber's Noble Phantasm is - unless she has a second, which I have learned is apparently quite uncommon - and it was on the same level as Assassin's own. She only barely outclassed Assassin in a straight fight, as well. With Rider's help, she'd be easy to take out. Certainly much easier than Berserker.

"We still don't know what that gold man was, either." I point out, "We should try to look into him."

Assassin nods, "That's true, Marion. But still, you need to rest."

She rests I hand on my shoulder and I feel my legs wobble a little. I am tired, but there's so much that needs to be done. It seems like resting now when I could be acting would be presenting a weakness, which one of the other Masters might exploit. Finally, I decide to.

A) Do as Assassin says, I need to rest.
B) Try to track the location of another Servant, so we can strike out.
->B1) Archer
->B2) Lancer
->B3) Caster
->B4) Berserker
C) Make a move to attack Saber tonight.
D) Focus on improving the base's defenses.
E) Other
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
natan_j
Commander
Commander

Post by natan_j »

Could be a nice night for fratricide.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2267]Ships of the Imperial Tul'tharian Navy.[/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2878]Minifleet Project.[/url]
STARSTRUCK

Post by STARSTRUCK »

E: Firstly, some technology. Given Assassin's sikkkkkkmad skills with security systems and so on, let's have her wire up the salvaged mechs into a peppy squadron of drone-mechs. We'll use them to help put pressure on whoever we end up invading, ideally restricting their movements and giving us a better view of the battlefield.
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

naptime!!!
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

Both of the above, but maybe just a power-nap. Me thinks we should find Archer next because they sound like a long-range fighter ( should be more susceptible to Assasin's fighting style). That leaves us tomorrow to find and hunt Archer before unleashing a night assault when they have their guard down.
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081