Goodknight - A Text Adventure Thread

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Re: Goodknight - A Text Adventure Thread

Post by Anna »

Well so far the only real suggestion as to what to do right now has been to investigate the bodyguard, (and to learn the layout of the city, which is unnecessary as you can readily access a map of the city any time you want) so I'll guess that's what Miranda will do next unless people want to suggest a course of action to take RIGHT NOW. All this plotting the kill is all well and good, but it doesn't actually get you anywhere until you decide what you want your very first course of action to be.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

I'm gonna go with Latooni on this as its the only solid idea we have so far.
We would need to scope out the school by either breaking in a night and stealing a few time tables and documents linked to the child.
Or renting a flat or something near by and observing ourselves.
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081
Netharis
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Netharis »

Well, if we'll be infiltrating the school, I propose we first go get fake teaching credentials.
Soo... To the black market? At the same time, there'll probably be an information broker there that we can get off-the-grid info on our primary, his bodyguard, and the girl from.

In the slightly longer term, I was thinking of going on a tour of the school after getting the credentials and seeing if we can seduce our way into their server room/student archives & a job interview (or ideally get hired without the need for one.)

Edit: Wait... CAN we teach? It would suck to get fired because of the students complaining.
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

Netharis wrote:Well, if we'll be infiltrating the school, I propose we first go get fake teaching credentials.
Soo... To the black market? At the same time, there'll probably be an information broker there that we can get off-the-grid info on our primary, his bodyguard, and the girl from.

In the slightly longer term, I was thinking of going on a tour of the school after getting the credentials and seeing if we can seduce our way into their server room/student archives & a job interview (or ideally get hired without the need for one.)

Edit: Wait... CAN we teach? It would suck to get fired because of the students complaining.
We can fake teaching for 2 weeks if we need to. But I was going to say we should call our handler to try and get us fake teaching credentials/identity, at some point.

Your idea to try to find an informant or someone in the city whose job it is to know things is a good idea, though. I really like that.
Netharis
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Netharis »

Hmm, come to think of it, they ARE 12.

Perhaps we could become a PE teacher, get them to play a team sport, use a pheromone that triggers aggression to make her opponents, well... aggressive, use a pheromone triggering the urge to flee on her team to make them feel like they're in more danger than they actually are, then swoop in to save the day with some sort of calming pheromone/chemical.

I think this form of physical intervention to "save her life" might get us bonded faster than a classroom environment.
Ambitious Builder
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Ambitious Builder »

Seems like a reasonable idea, at least to get a personnel evaluation on the girl, and does she have a bodyguard, is her nanny a threat?
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

Netharis wrote:Hmm, come to think of it, they ARE 12.

Perhaps we could become a PE teacher, get them to play a team sport, use a pheromone that triggers aggression to make her opponents, well... aggressive, use a pheromone triggering the urge to flee on her team to make them feel like they're in more danger than they actually are, then swoop in to save the day with some sort of calming pheromone/chemical.

I think this form of physical intervention to "save her life" might get us bonded faster than a classroom environment.
She's a socially awkward girl who's smarter than normal, she can't be that hard to get to like us.

Like seriously; easy prey.
Anna

Post by Anna »

Okay, I'm leaving an element of this choice to chance. I will write the post tomorrow shortly after waking up, regardless of how many votes there are, so if you care, vote, because it will matter.

For our first course of action we should:
1) Investigate bodyguard personally
2) seek out a black market and purchase intel on the bodyguard (no need to get teaching credentials there, the Syndicate will handle that if you guess want to go that route)
3) investigate the school and keep note of how Liliane arrives and leaves
4) break into the school at night to steal information/files/etc.

Every vote counts. Once voting is complete, I will count how many times each option has been voted for, and then roll a dice and pick whichever option the dice roll results in. More votes will mean a higher percentage chance of being picked in the diceroll. Whatever wins the vote is what we're doing first. So vote!
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Wait, do you think we could take out the bodyguard and then get us to fill his job?
My vote is to get intel on him.
naysayers will be shot
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

Two! That sounds the most productive.

My avatar makes posts look really empty if I don't quote someone and/or am not overly verbose.

So I'm typing extra lines; I feel self-concious.
Netharis
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Netharis »

I too vote two.
Anna

Post by Anna »

You decide that it would be best to gather intel. You send to Hannah a request to give you the location of some information brokers, and to see about getting falsified teaching credentials and arranging for your fake resume to conveniently be on the top of the pile for the school.

You get an email reply, reading 'Not a problm, Goodknight. Already got some people working on the credentials' and containing the contact information for several information brokers and black market people. It's a simple matter to arrange a discrete meeting with one of them, and soon you're out of the house, wearing as generic an appearance as you can manage, dressing in plain clothing and altering your facial features to be average and forgettable.

You arrive at the arranged meeting place, a club with people sitting and drinking with friends or dancing on the dance floor, and many others sitting at the bar and watching sporting events on the holoscreens. You take a seat at a table and take out a cigarette, lighting it.

"No smoking in here." Said a man, claiming the chair opposite you, and you wave your cigarette and shrug, blowing out smoke.

"Can't stand the things anyway." You say, putting it out, the agreed upon signal, "You're Emgee?"

"I am." He replied, taking out a cigarette of his own and lighting it. He had dark hair and looked to be in his mid-thirties, with dark skin, a 5-o'clock shadow and his left eye replaced with an obvious synthetic one, "So, you want information on Teoldin Szaric, right?"

You give a slight nod, watching him blow smoke rings idly and waving the smoke away from your face. He laughs, "What do you want to know?"

"What's the connection between him and Graff Armaund? Why's he so loyal? There's nothing in the intel I have that suggests why." You say, and Emgee winces a little.

"Ah, yeah. Quite a few people have wanted to know that little piece of information. You were right to come to me about it, too. I'm one of maybe three brokers in Moras who could tell you about that. It doesn't come cheap, though." He says.

"It never does, does it?" You ask, sighing and handing over a credit chit, "Fifty thousand, up front."

He takes the chip, accessing it and nodding in satisfaction, "Yeah, that's good. Well, here's the deal. Szaric immigrated here, right? Dishonourably discharged, a complete psychopath, doped up on meds to regulate his personality. So he turns to drinking, and whoring, and gambling."

"I'm following so far." You say, sitting back.

"Well, he got desperate, see. Ran out of money, got in debt with people even all his army gadgets wouldn't be able to save him from. Did something stupid. Arranged for a capsule of weaponised NIDS to be smuggled in from off-planet. Traded it to some unsavoury types."

"Oh shit."

"Yeah, oh shit. So Armaund's wife dies, his kid nearly dies, he throws all his resources into hunting down the people responsible, right? He gets to Szaric, though, and instead of killing him, he forces a slaved neural lattice onto him." Emgee said, taking another drag of his cigarette, kicking his legs up on the table.

You wince, "You mean..."

"I mean he's fuckin' forced to follow Graff's every order, yeah. He practically worships the ground he walks on, 'cause Graff's forced him to." Emgee said, snatching a drink from a passing tray and gulping it down, "Some of the shit I've heard about the way Graff treats Szaric in private settings is pretty rough. Anything else you wanted to know, or is that it?"
Quality Control Enforcer
Netharis
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Netharis »

I'm quite interested in knowing,
1) Whether the neural lattice can be deactivated by a third party,
2) What happens to the slave in the event of the master's death and,
3) If and how the ownership can be transferred.
Though, I wouldn't have it as a top priority, so if this guy doesn't know I say we move on to investigate the school.

Edit: Is this club in/around the black market? If it is then I think we should look around first.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

I agree with Netharis's suggestions so far on questions, but I'd also ask if the lattice can be hacked perhaps.
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

I also agree, but I would think if the neural lattice can be deactivated we would have to be very careful. It sounds like its hard wired into his head, tearing it out would likely kill him.

But still, if it works Graff is as good as dead. >:D
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081