Project Aurora [RP, OOC]

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Carcer
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Carcer »

Aw, come on man. Let me have the alien.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

:roll: If you can't do any better, then this is my ruling;

Due to the inhibitor implants, "his" physical strength and agility will be limited to slightly above human levels and 'concious' use of acidic blood as an actual weapon will be impossible due to the mental conditioning, not to mention it's acidity will be greatly reduced. It's still extremely acidic, but will be much slower acting.

Intelligence is a touch above human average as well.

Sound fair?

~~

Oh, and let me explain how this will work!

This thread will be used for major question asking and stuff, as well as general banter about the game.

Once everything and everyone has the green light (ie, has been approved by me and I think we're ready to start), I will post up an IC thread which is where the actual stuff takes place.

Please try and keep the OOC comments to a minimum there. I also ask that "spectators" not post in the IC thread at all. If you want to comment, do it in this OOC thread.

If you have not specifically been approved to 'join' then you are under no circumstances allowed to make an in-character post.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Da_Higg
Captain
Captain

Post by Da_Higg »

Any open places left?
Look Up
upon reading this:
50% of people will have scrolled up
25% will have looked at their ceiling
The last 25% can now feel smug because everyone else has taken orders from a little sig box.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Plenty. I'm still waiting on Anna and potentially Aralonia. That said I won't take more than about 6 people.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Da_Higg
Captain
Captain

Post by Da_Higg »

Here goes

Name: -unpronouncable-
Nickname: Bug
Species: Formicidae Gigantica (giant ant) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ants
Rank/role: Heavy weapon mount

Length: 8 feet
Build: Giant ant
Coloration: red/brown
Traits: Giant ant

Abilities: Can carry heavy loads on back. Compound eyes + antena give excelent senses.

Possessions: Neck brace (combination of translator, comunicator, condition monitor and weapon [2 pistols in built]) Cargo netting (on back)
Last edited by Da_Higg on Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Look Up
upon reading this:
The last 25% can now feel smug because everyone else has taken orders from a little sig box.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Da_Higg wrote:Rank/role: Heavy weapon mount
I am wondering just how many people who have tried signing up so far have even BOTHERED reading what I've been posting about combat. There will not be a lot of it and you will not be needing heavy weaponry.

Nevermind that a giant ant is physically and biologically impossible.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Carcer
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Carcer »

Not physically impossible. There's no real reason why an any enlarged that much can't support its own weight.

If this is disputed, I point you towards the insects that more or less dominated the land in pre-dinosaur times. Those bugger's were big.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Biologically is another matter. If you stick strictly to the same breathing mechanisms, etc. as an ant, then it is still impossible.

Also, considerable differences in environment (higher atmospheric oxygen and higher temperatures) play a big role in survival.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Carcer
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Carcer »

While try, I'm guessing he didn't mean that it IS an ant, and rather just looks like one.

If it really is just a big ant, well, then.... yeah.
Da_Higg
Captain
Captain

Post by Da_Higg »

Ok then. It looks like a giant ant. This is Sci-fi why does it have to be plausible.

Oh and Arcalane: Note that I said ex military. He used to carry big guns. Now he carries anything.
Look Up
upon reading this:
Temujin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Temujin »

Consider my rank changed to chief science officer. Much more awesome then... *forgets rank*
[i]In difficult ground, press on.
In encircled ground, devise strategems.
In desperate ground, fight.[/i]
Atrum
Captain
Captain

Post by Atrum »

Packmule, Check.

3 Soldier-type guys, check...

EDIT: I'll change my guy over to something less combatty.
Raithah
Commander
Commander

Post by Raithah »

Could ya save a spot for little 'ol me ? I've got a character that'll take a while to write up to an exceptable level of quality.

On that note, in this universe, has bio-engineering reached a fairly advanced state ? I'm thinking of organic powered-armor.
The preferred outcome of war, is peace. Ironic; huh ? -[citation needed]
Atrum
Captain
Captain

Post by Atrum »

Hey, grafting AI to the Spinal Cord is do-able, Totally genetically re-engineering a human is do-able, artificial mechanical womb do-able, WHY NAWT?

Oh, and everyone is racist to a HEART-Enhancement person....

Man: "Bloody freaks"
Myobu
Ensign
Ensign

~!

Post by Myobu »

Greetings, all. First post to the forum; this RP actually made me register, haha.

Full Name: Vauir. (there are no last names.)
Species/Race: Slizerkai. (I'm sorry if this is taken by something else? I just came up with the name a few minutes ago.)

~~
Height: Five feet, nine inches.
Build: She has an athletic build, due to the nature of her military work.
Colouration: Her scales are a matte black, sometimes with red colouration, dependant on her mood. Her eyes glow with a red coloration, also dependant on her mood.
Traits: She (usually) is an anthropomorphic lizard-like being with a cold, spiteful attitude, the result of long years in military service. As such, she tends to avoid others of her race. She mainly worked in the areas of Intelligence, and is quite suspicious of everyone and everything. An attack on her homeworld left her xenophobic to a medium-mild degree; enough to avoid other species like the plague, unless she absolutely -has- to deal with them.

~~
Abilities/Training: She has the ability to manipulate her very being, due to a rare ability that is inborn into one in five hundred of her race. As such, she can manipulate her flesh and bone nearly endlessly, whether it be a blade made out of her forearm bones, or healing a wound. (Though the latter would take longer, with the former being near-instant.) As a result from that, she is much more tolerant to pain, due to the feeling of bone sharper than a katana ripping through her flesh wasn't all that pleasant. She has been trained in the usage of melee weaponry, speechcraft, assassination, and stealth.

Possessions: Military uniform. Military parade uniform. "Leisure" clothes. (Trench, shirt, pants, ushanka hat complete with an officer's red star!) Parade sword. Vial of poison. Dagger.

EDIT: This isn't a combat-oriented character. Forgot to mention that.
The speed of light is only relative to the amount of dimensions in the equation.