Project Aurora [RP, OOC]

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Atrum wrote:Oh my god, did my arguement kill my own point?! Damn!

I was saying, if he wouldn't need to fight much, that stuff wouldn't be much needed anyway.
I probably worded it wrong, and an RL probably would be overkill. :P
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Da_Higg
Captain
Captain

Post by Da_Higg »

Carcer wrote:Aw, but B2s are so fun to play!
It's just a headless robot with a gun in it's arm. Role play as that.
Look Up
upon reading this:
50% of people will have scrolled up
25% will have looked at their ceiling
The last 25% can now feel smug because everyone else has taken orders from a little sig box.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Actually B2s do have a head, it's just that there's no neck and it's mostly integrated into the chassis. :P
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Carcer
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Carcer »

True, all of its vital stuff is in the armored chassis.

You also for some reason believe that I'm going to try and play it as a mindless killing machine, no brains, no personality, no nothing. That'd just be foolish.

Sure, he probably won't be the most colorful guy in the group, but I'm aiming at something around "I Robot" levels of personality.
Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

Full Name: Shan-Tel
Species/Race: Kira Battlearmour MKIV

~~
Height: 190cm
Build: Mechanical being - gray metal smooth skin, large shoulder pads, with one being transperant and have advanced white crystal formations inside, featureless face, except for eyes.

~~
Abilities/Training:
- Marksmanship Training
- Close Quarters Training
- Basic Explosives Training
- Basic Computer Hacking
- Small Fighter Pilot Training

Possessions:
- Custom-modified Kiran Plasma Railgun with Heat Mask and Silencer custom modification and default Plasma Cutter modification
- Shadowarm Advanced Holographic Personal Stealth Device (shoulder-pad mounted, can mask heat)
- 3x. Antimatter Explosive Charge
- Personal Shielding Device (cannot be used in conjunction with Shadowarm, generates heat)
- Personal Antigravity Jetpack (four short round blades secreting jetpacks mounted at the back which can fold and move around, allowing great aerial control, cannot be used in conjunction with Shadowarm, generates a lot of heat)
- Two custom-modified hidden knives in wrists.
Temujin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Temujin »

Full Name: Temujin Nivarra
Species/Race: Human(Born on Mars)
Occupation: Military Scientist, studies gravitons( if that doesn't work, Quantum Mechanics)

~~
Height: 2 Meters
Build: Slim
Colouration: Black Hair, tinged red with martian dust. Green eyes, pale skin.
Traits: Twitches all the time, assumes most people are as smart as he is.

~~
Abilities/Training: Quantum Mechanics Knowledge, Basic weapons training, survival training, Basic Tactics, Basic Strategy. Has several implants that reduce the effects of radiation.

Possessions: Pistol, Laptop, Gravity Sensor(measures the exact strength of gravity in an area), Field Journal,
[i]In difficult ground, press on.
In encircled ground, devise strategems.
In desperate ground, fight.[/i]
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Temu; Graviton Physics/Mechanics is a perfectly acceptable field of expertise. Looks good enough to me. You're in. "Chief Science Officer" might be a little more appropriate of a rank though. ;)

Atrum; That said, you're approved for now.

Carcer; I'll let you use the B2 if you can't come up with anything else. Understood?

Anarki; Do you people pay absolutely NO attention? Combat is NOT a huge focus. You do NOT need to go in gunning, and there will probably not be many fights even then. Also, a Private of any kind would not be at a top secret meeting. :roll: This is not a secret ops commando mission and Project Aurora is not a run and gun FPS, so stop trying to take enough weapons to arm a small third-world country.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

Check the date.

Anyway, he's a sniper.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Anarki wrote:Check the date.

Anyway, he's a sniper.
Anyway, none of that makes any fucking difference to what Ascalante said, at all. Top secret meeting. Very little combat involved. Your character is excessively combat-oriented. What fucking part of that do you fail to get?

I'll be joining in once I've made a character, Arcalane. I'm still working on it, atm.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

No need to be aggressive.

Just pointing out that my race is combat orientated.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Anarki wrote:No need to be aggressive.

Just pointing out that my race is combat orientated.
I'm aggressive and adversarial by my very nature. Perhaps you should take a moment to consider, that a combat oriented character, from a combat oriented species, is probably not the kind of character you should be playing in a scenario where there will be very little talking, that someone like a sniper with the rank of private would not be invited to anyway? Yes?
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

So, "equivalent: private" means cannon fodder entry rank to me.

Also; lol @ wc3. :roll:

My point stands. Combat is not the main purpose here, and going by that thread your race seems even more OTT than I thought. So definitely rejected.

Also why does everyone seem intent on playing anything cyborg or mechanical just because I allowed it? Look at the goddamn briefing, people. Look what happened to the probe. I even note; "Just anticipate that there may be trouble after what happened to the probe."

Anna; I look forward to it.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Carcer
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Carcer »

Seeing as how everyone is going to go all cyborg and bot, I'm going to switch to something else.

Full Name: Markus

Species/Race: Alien. (As in, the Alien from the ALIENS. I'll give an explanation after)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenomorph_%28Alien%29

~~
Height: 2.12 m , but generally hunched over so about 1.2m tall, 2m long excluding tail.

Build: slim

Colouration: jet black

Traits: See wiki, I'm going with the basic drone. Black, claws, tail spike, wall walking through sharp claws, acidic blood, more intelligent than the average alien through genetic engineering.

~~
Abilities/Training: Very good stealth, basic demolitions training, skilled hacker and programmer.

Possessions: Small hacking computer (acid and most liquid proof), some food (kibble)

Now, yeah, he's been genetically engineered to be smarter, and some brainwashing, mental conditioning and small inhibitor implants makes him more or less human and other species friendly.
Da_Higg
Captain
Captain

Post by Da_Higg »

Curse you Carcer! I was going to use the geneticly modified insect character.
Look Up
upon reading this:
50% of people will have scrolled up
25% will have looked at their ceiling
The last 25% can now feel smug because everyone else has taken orders from a little sig box.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Again, the word originality comes to mind, Carcer. Try harder! :P
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ