Project Aurora [RP, OOC]

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Atrum wrote:I'll set up the new thread at roughly 9:30 SG time(GMT+8.00)
Did Donovan Get the Ax? I can't find him in your thread.
Atrum
Captain
Captain

Post by Atrum »

I only put out the guys on Arcalane's list. Unless he tells me more, I might miss stuff.
doc525
Commander
Commander

Post by doc525 »

OOC: So, are entries open or closed?
Raithah
Commander
Commander

Post by Raithah »

If you write your profile faster than Speedy Gonzales himself there's a chance Arcalane will let you in :D. There's still a couple administrative points for him to work out before we start, so you could try to slip in.
The preferred outcome of war, is peace. Ironic; huh ? -[citation needed]
Oculus
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Oculus »

I'd want to know more about the morphing capability and more about the other details.
Well, the morphing capability allows Crystal to morph her arm into a weapon or tool based on morph data. She can get morph data from chips that have the data on them. When she was de-commisioned from war, she had her morph data erased. Morphing also takes up extra energy, so morphing too much causes her to use energy faster. Her enhanced strength gives her the strength of three men. EMPs cause her to lose energy and they render her useless for a time, depending on the strength of the EMP.
Ethril
Commander
Commander

Post by Ethril »

16 pages spanning half a month, and you still haven't even decided who's getting in? You guys are moving along so quickly, I don't think I'll be able to catch up. :wink:
Atrum
Captain
Captain

Post by Atrum »

Man, that means I could be a fag and kill Crystal by firing an EMP Rocket if I can get one...

AI, get me the blueprints to the Acaeton Mark 4 EMP Grenade.
Raithah
Commander
Commander

Post by Raithah »

Well. I'm bored, I've got time and Arcalane hasn't exactly disallowed it so ...

Raithah's Unoffical RP-In-An-RP

Italic text is background, the story of what happened, is happening or possibly foreshadowing. It's also used for effect in many of my IC and OOC posts.

Bold text describes the current environment; door locations, interesting objects, interesting people, etc.

---

It's been a long hour of summarizing your career on a console barely larger than your hand - and to add insult to injury, the chairs were horribly unconfortable ! Those polyurethane affairs should have been outlawed centuries ago.

You rise from your seat and observe the gloom. Lighting seems to have been concentrated on the stage; in the relative darkness each console appears to be a little blue glowing island. You notice that a number of consoles have dimmed to a red signifying their user has submitted their application. Further down your row, an applicant is descending the stairs towards the waiting room.

Bored stiff by the prospect of twiddling your thumbs (or thumb-like appendages) while the remainder of the applications apply, you make your way towards it, hoping for some enlightening conversation.

The room is painted 'that' shade of beige. Linoleum tiles reflect a great deal of the light from the light-pipes above you. The room itself appears to be of moderate size; most likely a repurposed caféteria. Set up in rows are collapsible tables lined with benches - the applicant you saw previously is walking towards the sole inhabited one. About ten people of varrying cultures and solidity are sitting there. You follow.

---

... so c'mon ! Speak up ! I'm not going to start the chatting :D.

Edit: Gosh darn you excellent timing, Arcalane ! GOSH DARN YOU !
Atrum
Captain
Captain

Post by Atrum »

You just got headshotted.
Raithah
Commander
Commander

Post by Raithah »

Yeah, I noticed.

But anyways, I decided to assemble a series of photos granting the readers a better perspective on my character's attire.

First up is the helmet. It'll be similar to said helmet, except the siding is less form fitting (although there is a foam core insert) and the entire visor section is replaced with a sliding metal sheath. Projected onto the sheath are polarized images of the outside world, or other information. This polarization, along with polarized contact lenses, allows a pseudo-3D image to appear on the back of the visor ... like a screen.

The suit is similar to what is depicted in the photo - although it is matte-black and adorned with the gauntlets, boots, backpack and muscle controllers. And the rather notable difference; a series of phosphorescent blue 'veins' of system gels runs through.

The artificial muslce is stringy, and lays in parallel to whatever muscle it is aiding. Set into areas of deep artificial tissue are 'muscle controllers' which serve as hubs to all the local strands. The controllers themselves are made of a matte-grey metal with two glowing blue spots facing outwards.

The controllers are found on : the biceps and the thighs.

The upper half of this breastplate is similar to the gel exchangement system. It is made of the same grey metal as all the other components. Across the centre point there is a long, stronger glowing blue stripe. This is used for heat exchange.

I don't think you guys need a photo for the low-sitting backpack :D.

Metal gauntlets and boots adorn the hands and feet respectively. The gauntlets have screens inlaid into the wrist, while the boots have variable-traction systems allowing them to compensate to any condition, from walking through to tar to running on ice.

And there you have it - my character's suit in a nutshell.
Atrum
Captain
Captain

Post by Atrum »

My guy's wearing nothing but clothes.

Although if you want I could cook up his old Assman armor minus spare weapons.

EDIT: You -CAN- hear ATRUM speak. It has a modular speaker on the side of Lance's neck. Although it CAN Implant thoughts directly to his brain if needs to "Whisper" to him.
doc525
Commander
Commander

Post by doc525 »

Too late now? I've got something:

Dr. Joseph McRyler

Species/Race: Human- with an accidental Ability

~~
Height: 5 foot 11 inches
Build: slim
Colouration: (hair, skin, eyes, etc.) Red Hair, Pale, blue-tinted skin, and yellow eyes.
Traits: An accident while observing life on Tantarus IV left him with strange colored eyes and skin, and an extremely accelerated cell regeneration- shoot him with a plasma burst, knock him down, and he'll get up with a hole in him, and dust himself off while the wound will close up an stop bleeding within seconds. However, the accident left him with an inability to run or physically exert himself for long periods of time. He is also less tolerant to heat and cold.

~~
Abilities/Training: Doctorates in Chemistry and Biology. He also has a master's degree in Mathematics. Work in militech labs has left him with a great knowledge of biochemisty. Time in the army also left him with some minor experience with explosive devices. He also has the aforementioned extremely accelerated cell regeneration rate, and its complications.

Possessions: He owns an Intel Pentium Quad core laptop, with a remote detonation mechanism for the small assorted demolition charges. He carries 4 charges at the most at any time. 2 fragmentation charges, one concussion charge, and an Ion charge. He also has the clothes oon his back, the typical white labcoat, black tie, black silk pants, and Black muave shoes.

Bio: Born to a Scottish physicist and a simple Italian farmgirl, he had shown an intense curiosity early on, and he was performing science expereriments at age 4 with his father in the labs where he worked. He showed an amazing aptitude in science and mathematics through high school, his junior year he created a method of cost effectively synthesizing diamonds and rubies in chemistry class. The method has been closely guarded by he and his parents. After graduating top of his class in college, he has been socially awkward since a small incident in 3rd grade. He got involved in Militek labs several years after graduating from college. He quickly shot up the ranks, until an accident on Tantarus IV. He was exposed to a strange disease that nearly killed him. Doctors were just about to give up, until he mysteriously got up and told them he was fine. He has kept his ability secret until now, because as he enterd this facility, he fell from the bridge of the ship he was on, right onto the duracrete surface of the shuttle port. He got up and continued on his way.
He has high hopes for his entry into the project, and is fairly confident he can make it in.
Netra Ver'd
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Netra Ver'd »

Is it to late to give a entry?

I have a pretty good idea for a character that would incorporate an AI A new humanoid race (mostly an idea i came up with) His skill will include hacking and other cumpter skills, combat training and self taught medical.
(think the hacker from system shock 2)

Implants and Ai also allow him to have skills such as machine interface, basic mechanincs, and a small library of knowledge.

most of it is planned but i don't want to go ahead without permission to attempt to join in.

(my Rp skills are decent but can be pretty good if i put time and effort into them)
[img]http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa207/wizardofnoz/Signatures/BSFuserbar.jpg[/img]

Now accepting donations in the form of better avatars!
Raithah
Commander
Commander

Post by Raithah »

Far, far too late. We've been planning for a month by now :D. We're also at our capacity character-wise, so no new additions. Sorry. There are some other RP threads opening, though.
doc525
Commander
Commander

Post by doc525 »

*starts grumbling expletives under his breath*

*finally cools down*

AH. Ok. Calm down.

Alright, always another opportunity.