WFTU - Heaven's Grace operation "Sunrise" RPG

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Zalausai
The Tutorialist
The Tutorialist

WFTU - Heaven's Grace operation "Sunrise" RPG

Post by Zalausai »

This will be my first attempt at an RPG thread.

Rules:
Spoiler!
The ships you start with are all that the character has throughout the entire RPG, so take care of them.
At the bottom of each story piece, there will be a few options (or you can make your own option up)
Anyone can post what they want the character to decide (democracy will choose the option if there are many or I will choose the most beneficial option from among them if there are no duplicates)
When the RPG reaches darkness space, users are encouraged to recommend an encounter of Darkness for the character to fight. It should get progressively stronger as the character get closer to the homeworld. It should end in a climactic battle should the character actually succeeds in reaching the homeworld.

Be aware that the character may not actually have a happy ending. (It is the Darkness after all)
My Intentions
Spoiler!
In creating this Mini-RPG, I intend to . . .
Increase faction awareness of the Darkness community faction.
Encourage the creation of more Darkness ships (since they adapt) to fight the characters.
Give users something to do.
Story
Spoiler!
Constructed against the president's direct command, the Heaven's Grace Darkness Defense and Research Department (HGDDRD) has finally finished construction of their greatest weapon, the HG Genesis. They intend on using in in a top secret mission that is hidden from their alliance, their public, and their military. The mission is Operation "Sunrise". With probes not returning data from the fallen homeworld and data able to be gathered with the laser telescopes, they are sending a large assault fleet as a last ditch effort to reclaim their homeworld. They have selected a dishonorably discharged admiral (You) to lead the assault. Having lost all military privileges due to causing accidental deaths among Novian civilians, this will be your shining moment to prove yourself and come back a hero. You happily accept this mission and take the dossier file containing your briefing information before the head of the department can even finish speaking.

Dossire Contents

Mission Objective:
You are to reclaim the homeworld by any means necessary.

Do not reveal you mission to anyone.
Not members of the alliance (the may break alliance with HG upon finding out)
Not the public (it could stir up a panic)
Not other military vessels (they still think you are dishonorably discharged).

Destroy any of these "darkness" vessels that you encounter along the way.
It is advised to keep allied and civilian casualties to a minimum as you exit the sector.

If you are discovered, eliminate all involved, there are no exceptions.
This dossier contains the number to a hidden military bank account. You are expected to purchase a fleet and hire mercenary pilots. (Do not reveal the mission)

Available Funds: 250 m

Ship Prices (with mercenaries to pilot them)
HG 1 Angel : 15 m
HG 2 Archangel : 20 m
HG 3 Principality: 10 m
HG 4 Power : 5 m
HG 5 Virtue : 30 m
HG 6 Dominion : 50 m
HG 7 Throne (no fighter spawning) : 35 m
HG 8 Cherub : 150 m
HG 9 Seraph : 200 m
HG Helios (Loaded with metals for repairs (repairs 3 ships): 25 m

Purchase your ships to embark on the mission for the character's first choice.
Has written a series of tutorials for the newbies
Zalausai's Tutorial Index

Created: Elements of Discord, Heaven's Grace, and Hell's Last Battalion.

I stop in from time to time to check in on the community. Though I don't spend much time with shipmaker anymore.
Proud parent since: 8/15/2013 (Baby Boy)

Good shipbuilders never die . . . they just fade away.
R0ni
Captain
Captain

Re: WFTU - Heaven's Grace operation "Sunrise" RPG

Post by R0ni »

Just question. We're using the already posted Darkness vessels as baddies or have you made some for this?
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

Novian civilians died!?!? What happened to them?
Deus Est Mechanicus

Owner of 'The Novian Empire', a Delphinius Gulf Wars faction.
Fleet Version 1.8 is finally available for download!
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7081
R0ni
Captain
Captain

Post by R0ni »

Oooh, I did not get this at first. So this is like the thing Doogie has? I got confused with the use of "you" all the time.
Zalausai
The Tutorialist
The Tutorialist

Post by Zalausai »

To Roni
You may use the current ones or make more in the darkness thread. If I make any myself, they will be available there as well.

To Necro
While chasing down a war criminal, he fired the plasma autocannons into a populated residential area. He got his man, but not without cost. The criminals ship lost control and collided with a Novian passenger ship. 18,000 innocent Novians died that day. For his recklessness, the character was dishonorably discharged. HG declared it an unfortunate pirate attack to cover it up from the public.

I stop in from time to time to check in on the community. Though I don't spend much time with shipmaker anymore.

R0ni
Captain
Captain

Post by R0ni »

As someone who favors light craft, I would take:

5x HG1 Angel. (75m)
6x HG4 Power. (30m)
2x HG 3 Principality (20m)
2x HG Dominion (100m)
1x Helios (25m)

In total 250m

But these are my choises only. Sure, ships are gonna blow left and right, but with darkness it might be better to have more targets keeping the ship occupied rather than just one bigger they most likely will tear apart anyway.

By the way, I can give little suggestions to Darkness behaviour as we progress - if you want of course.
Zalausai
The Tutorialist
The Tutorialist

Post by Zalausai »

Ok here goes. . .

These are the ships that are in the fleet. Take care of them, they are all that you have.
Spoiler!
HG RPG Fleet 01.jpg
Story
Spoiler!
You pass through some unclaimed sectors without incident. (Would pirates would touch a fleet like this?). As you approach the edge of Novian space, you are greeted by a small border patrol fleet. They are allies to the HG, so they will let you pass. However, they ask the reason for such a large fleet since HG has no apparent enemies beyond this sector. You are faced with your first decision. How will you answer their seemingly innocent question?
HG RPG Event 1.jpg
Your options are . . .
1. Waste them, then call it a pirate attack. Taking your mission's objective of hiding it to the extreme. (This will result in a battle)
(Achievement: History Repeats Itself)

2. Lie to them, saying that you are going to test new weapons outside the known sector.
(Achievement: Silver Tongue)

3. Do not answer their question. Proceed around Novian space instead. This will take longer instead of passing through.
(Achievement: On the run)

4. Ignore them and attemt to proceed through Novian space anyway. They may be displeased.
(Achievement: Resisting Arrest)

5. Make up your own option.
(Achievement: I make my own rules)

Achievements are fun to have, they may repeat later if you miss them.

Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

I would pick:

5. Tell the truth. Novian's don't like being lied to and their good at knowing if you are.
Deus Est Mechanicus

R0ni
Captain
Captain

Post by R0ni »

1!!!! BLAST THEM INTO HELL. ( OoO) MUUUUHAHAHAHAHA!

Ok, kidding...

5. Partially tell the truth. Tell them you are on a priority mission but unable to give further details. Also mention that success of the mission requires secrecy and it is for the benefit of both HG and Novian. With this new information now at their hand, tell them you can circle the Novian sectors if they are not confident to let you through. Also ask them not to forward location of your fleet to anywhere.
Miram
Commander
Commander

Post by Miram »

I choose 1 >.>
Last edited by Miram on Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm rare akuma you argument is invalid.
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

5 is choosing your own option, what is your number 5?
Deus Est Mechanicus

Miram
Commander
Commander

Post by Miram »

Necrontyr1998 wrote:5 is choosing your own option, what is your number 5?
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i was choosing 1 but i pressed 5 >->
I'm rare akuma you argument is invalid.
Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

Oh, well 1 is a very bad idea.
Deus Est Mechanicus

Zalausai
The Tutorialist
The Tutorialist

Post by Zalausai »

Achievements
Spoiler!
From event 1 (Option 5): I make my own rules
Story
Spoiler!
You speak to the Novian
You: Regrettably, I cannot reveal the reason to you. You lack the proper level of clearance for me to disclose the objectives of my mission. (It's just a common border guard after all)

Novian Border Guard: Please wait while I contact an officer of a higher rank.

Several Minutes later, an officer with a high clearance rank is patched through to your comm-link.

"What is so secret that it requires clearance of this level?", his complaining is heard as he is patched through. It would appear that his sleep had been interrupted.

Officer: Is this clearance high enough for you.
He asks this before you even have the chance to introduce yourself. It is clear that he is not pleased with you.

You: I am on a secret mission directly from my superior officer. Yes your clearance is high enough, but I still cannot tell you the basic of my mission.

The officer mutters to himself, yet loud enough to be heard. "What the fuck?!?!?! That is bullshit!" He then calms down, thinking of how the HG favor not revealing things to other races until it is most beneficial to them.

Officer: Is this secrecy part of the mission itself?

You: Correct

Officer: Is the objective of your mission within Novian space? Does it involve us in any way?

You: To both questions, the answer is no. We simply wish to pass through your space to keep ahead of schedule.

Officer: You may pass through. Will you be requiring any support in your endeavors?

You: I am under strict orders to keep this mission a secret. I would appreciate having backup, however that would mean that I would have to disclose the mission to any ships that assist me. My apologies, but I will have to decline.

Officer: Then you may enter, pass through, and exit Novian space without worry of future patrols. By my command, they will leave you be. I would appreciate some disclosure in exchange for this. (Trying to get something from you about the mission).

You: I promise you this. When my mission is complete, I will give you a full report when I return personally.

Officer: I'll see you when you get back.

You: If I make it back. . .
You close the channel before he can respond, having already received clearance to pass.

You make it through Novian space without any further problems.
As you venture deeper into the outside edges of the galaxy, the stars seem to peel back around you. As you finally leave the galaxy, your sensors pick up a large mass up ahead. It is enormous, this size of a small galaxy, appearing as a giant blob on your sensors. You see nothing, but pure blackness ahead of you. It is as if the entire area has been wiped from existence, stars and all. There are no readings coming from within, because the mass is showing up completely solid on your scanners. However, you must push forward, into this unknown . . . thing if your are to proceed with your mission.

How will you approach this monstrosity?

1. Fire at it. See if it pops like a big bubble.
(Achievement: Pop goes the weasel)

2. Send an HG 3 Principality (sensor frigate) to scan it up close and see if it is really solid.
(Achievement: Better safe than sorry)

3. Advance into it anyway. Nothing solid can be this big.
(Achievement: Immovable Object and Unstoppable Force Collide)

4. Make your own option.
(Achievement: I make my own rules, the 2nd coming)
Bonus story tidbit (apologies to Necrontyr1998 in advance if this doesn't capture Novian society, but it just a few individuals. I will remove it if requested)
Spoiler!
"What do you mean. . . if I make it back?!" the officer yells into his comm-link.
"Hello? . . Hello!? . . . Motherfucker!". He throws the device across the room, shattering it against the wall.
In a sleepy, yet irritated stumble, he makes his way to his personal transport where his chauffeur is waiting.

"Where to sir?", asks the chauffeur.

"Anywhere I can get a fucking drink!"

"Lar' Nahs' place it is then, sir." says the chauffeur as they pull away.

Later at Lar' Nahs' bar, after a few drinks, the officer pulls a wrinkled picture out of his pocket. Damaged by age, yet still clear enough to make out a young Novian woman sitting in a captain's chair.
The bartender approached him.

"Still miss her, don't you Ver' Tal?", the bartender asks.

"Every day of my life, you know that more than anyone Lar'Nahs. She should have never taken that job piloting passenger ships. We could have flown this whole sector together." Ver' Tal said, slurring his words. He was clearly drunk at this point.

"You know, if it wasn't for her sacrifice, you wouldn't have led such a successful crusade against pirates in this sector. It's because of you that crime is at an all-time low. Besides that Ver' Tal, it has been what, five years now? Let her rest in peace, she wouldn't have wanted to see you like this."

"It's all Heaven's Grace's fault", Ver' Tal mutters to himself.

"Don't tell me you're still on that conspiracy thing?", asked Lar' Nahs.

"Why would a pirate even attack a passenger ship. Do you know how much work it is to go in and rob everybody? Why would a Heaven's Grace cruiser not be able to stop that from happening? Pirates don't just kamikaze themselves into passenger ships. They're stupid, but they're not that fucking stupid! The said it was a pirate attack, I know that's bullshit, I just know it is!"

"Maybe you should have another drink. It's on the house", Lar' Nahs said as he placed down another glass in front of Ver Tal.

"I don't want anymore fucking drinks!" declared Ver' Tal, as he stumbled off his stool and began to stagger his way foe the door.

"Hey! You forgot to pay!"

"Just put it on my tab, you know I'm good for it", said Ver' Tal, as he closed the door behind him and staggered his way back to the car where his chauffeur was patiently waiting.

"Yeah, he'll be back, he always comes back", mumbled the Lar' Nahs, polishing a fresh glass.

Necrontyr1998
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Necrontyr1998 »

Well that's kind of what their like. Although Ver'tal would be severely punished If he was found to be drinking alcohol as it is illegal for Novians (it lowers their productivity and efficientcy). Also they would speak purely to transfer information (they wouldn't swear, it wastes time).
Deus Est Mechanicus