The cold war

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Mjolnir
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mjolnir »

"When are you planning to execute the rescue. It needs to be soon, as the deadline is approaching, and our ships are battered, our fleets scattered and our men exhausted. We are running out of ammunition and no ship is undamaged, and we have few small ships left, we need to withdraw, repair and refit our ships, and cycle in new fleets, but we can't do that till you rescue your friend, so hurry. Beowulf out"
[img]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8666/cylonbasestareyevq0.gif[/img]

Mjolnir, Hammer of Thor. Id like to see you try to kill me, and why would you want to take my stuff, its all crap anyway.
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

The advance forces consisting of IVL, S.I.U.S and RNS forces engage a lone type-4 alien vessel. TF80 will begin the engagement now, but expects primary objectives to not be complete for at least another 24 hours.

In light of their commitment to the rescue operation, TF80 has given the Midgardians permission to leave the battle line as they please, and should no longer be expected to assist in any combat, should they choose.

Mjolnir
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mjolnir »

"We would pull out, but we are the battle line. We leave, the whole plan collapses. You engage 1 type 4 with large fleets, we are often limited to fight a type 4 with a pair of cruisers, that is how thinly we are stretched. You need to hurry. Beowulf out."

Mjolnir, Hammer of Thor. Id like to see you try to kill me, and why would you want to take my stuff, its all crap anyway.
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

Unfortunately, TF80 cannot prioritise the rescuing of Ken Roest, so as to not spread our forces across regions in such a way that:
-Our general presence cannot be strategically maintained
-We are open to more threats than necessary
-Resources are strained
-Communications lag increases to almost 2 hours

We highly advise the clans to do the same. If you wish to put your forces fully into the rescue, then TF80 will be pleased to assume your aggrssive role. Our force is currently by far the largest presence here, and I am confident that we can handle the threat.
Zeron
Captain
Captain

Post by Zeron »

NTO forces began the pincer movment directly after the combined foce attck on the other side. The first armada began engaging the Type 4 almost immediatly, and a message was sent to TF80.
"We're here, and ready to form together with you"

Fade-in,fade-out
Mjolnir
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mjolnir »

Exethalion wrote:
We highly advise the clans to do the same. If you wish to put your forces fully into the rescue, then TF80 will be pleased to assume your aggrssive role. Our force is currently by far the largest presence here, and I am confident that we can handle the threat.
"By which you mean largest apart from mine. you have one task force. We have battlefleets all over the volume. There are thousands of Midgardian capital ships engaged in combat, millions of men. We are spread over a quarter of the galaxy drawing the aliens off and engaging them. For every ship this galaxy has deployed against the aliens, we have 100 or more engaged. For us to pull off now would end in disaster for the rescue attempt. their are more of them than you could possibly imagine, and it is only due to the sacrifice of hundreds of thousands of my men, women and AIs that this rescue, and even the survival of the life native to this galaxy are possible. You obviously have no idea of the scale we are fighting at."

Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Alright since we need to move now then we move! *Gridlock engages warp drives* Lets do this.
Ulric Jorgensson
Commander
Commander

Post by Ulric Jorgensson »

"I am sick of waiting and sitting on my hands. Damn the consequences. I am taking the Zero and a boarding part in to retrieve Admiral Roest. I have the power to stop these alien parasites, and so I damned well SHALL!"

INGT Reporter Timothy Starwick got that quote directly from Christopher Brewster not ten minuets before 100 very angry looking, heavily armed Raider personal boarded the Gigas Zero with the new ruler of the IVL. It is unknown at this time what Christopher is planning to do with such a small ship, but we have reports of a incoming communique from the Zero.

"May the Gods forgive me for what I'm about to do, but it must be done. To my forces aboard the Spine, I will draw fire from the three enemy vessels, you get in there and get Admiral Roest out! You have your orders! Now Execute them!"

This direct quote is followed by an upload of the Battle currently going on between the Gigas Zero and the Alien fleet:

Comm chatter between Raider boarding party members:
"Delancy, what the hell is that?"
"Who the fuck cares?! It's not human, so blast the fucker!" *gunfire ensues*
"Goddamn, their everywhere"
"Shut it Goran, just keep fucking shooting, they die like everyone else!" *more gunfire*
***"This is Ulric, do you want to move it along ladies? I said extract Admiral Roest, not shoot every living thing! Now get him OUT OF THERE. You have 3 minutes until the Zero targets the vessel your currently on. MOVE IT"***
"Shit. I was having fun to"
"Shut it, Delancy"

It is understood that today, at 15:00 hours military time, the Raider forces Of Christopher Brewster retrieved Admiral Roest from Alien capture. It is unknown at this time of any casualties, but the information gained from this daring rescue is invaluable to all Military forces fighting this scourge.
I knew it! Ageis DOES taste like Vanilla!

[img]http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h230/X295Alpha/2.gif[/img]
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

*The Gridlock warps in, overshadowing the wrckage from Urlic's fight*
Awww you didn't save me any!? Damn you brother I wanted some fun. Is Ken alive or dead?
Ulric Jorgensson
Commander
Commander

"Cometose for now, but alive. I think he'll be okay"

Mjolnir
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mjolnir »

"Leave. get to Hope now. We are disengaging and leaving for refit and repair and rest. Our replacement fleets will warp in to points of contention and Hope to shore up the defenses. We can only get them in in dregs though, maybe a battlefleet at a time, due to issues with distance. Good hunting, Skoll will be replacing me. Beowulf out."

Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

EVERYONE DISENGAGE NOW! I REPEAT DISENGAGE!
Ulric get out of here now before they come back, you held the door open, now time to return the favor.
Zeron
Captain
Captain

Post by Zeron »

Hope super blockade-Cyral system
"Alright, Roest's coming, we need to secure the area as well as possible!" Commander Angel said over the speakers as ships moved in to defensive positions. "We should be completly rready for anything!" He pressed the button for contct to the migardians and spoke:
"Midgardians, please feel free to stop by here for repairs, we could use some defenses here, considering where the first and third armadas are."
[/i]
Fade-in,fade-out
Mjolnir
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mjolnir »

"This is Clan Leader Skoll, we are beginning to jump ships in. Our first jump shall be into the rear areas of the fleet to cover your retreat, and then subsequent jumps will place the majority of our ships at Hope, or into the fray if needed. We appreciate the offer of repair bases, but we need to use our extra galactic bases as there are too many damaged ships, and they need a lot of highly specialized equipment to repair. We will however replace the ships leaving with full strength units so your defenses will benefit from the exchange. "Steel" Skoll out."

Ulric Jorgensson
Commander
Commander

"Thankyou all, I will make haste to the extraction point"

*The Gigas Zero engages warp drive and speeds off*

"Now, you all get your asses out of there too!"