The cold war

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Crazykenny
Captain
Captain

Post by Crazykenny »

''Contact, The Estovakian Navy has engaged there first Midgardian ships''

Last edited by Crazykenny on Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q168/thedrofevil/BOS4copy.png[/img]
derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

People post links to your ships. The war has begun.
sparks
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by sparks »

Mjolnir wrote: "Just cause my men are willing to die at my command, it doesn't mean I expect yours to do so. My men are willing to die in battle, as they believe, as I do, that it will get us into Valhalla. I will not risk the lives of you personnel unless I have to."
"I am Glad you understand, should i recieve any reports of you sending my personel in senselessly i shall have them removed from your command immediately. And i'm sure one of your colonies will make a nice target for Project Apocalypse."
***Hailing Frequency Closed***
"Sir, That was a hollow threat, and you know it"
"Maybe the Apocalypse part, but look over there, what do you see?"
"That would be the Shipyard for Project Daybreak, but what would that have to do with anything?"
"Can you see what would be leaving the shipyard?"
"Wow...Isn't that the Dusk?"
"Yes it is, lets go get some firing practice on those Nanz ships over there"
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.
Crazykenny
Captain
Captain

Post by Crazykenny »

''Attacks continue, here you see the Nosferatu taking on a Ananke Gunship''

[img]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q168/thedrofevil/BOS4copy.png[/img]
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

As Ulric's Raiders and the Estovakian navy engage the Ananke and Midgard Navy. The IVL Navy engages the Orders bolos, keeping them off the rest of the fleet.

Though stripped of their weapons via nullifying weapons, within the next 24 hours the ships were rearmed and are currently preparing to depart for another hunting raid.
Ixranin
Captain
Captain

Post by Ixranin »

OOC: but isn't it rather unfair if one person gets to control their fleet's actions, while the other has to rely on the rather wimptacular AI? Also fien, I'll get into this, but not for a couple hours.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Ixranin wrote:OOC: but isn't it rather unfair if one person gets to control their fleet's actions, while the other has to rely on the rather wimptacular AI? Also fien, I'll get into this, but not for a couple hours.
OOC: Though this is a true point, theres no fun in just sticking two AI together and let them fight it out. Thats just boring.
Ulric Jorgensson
Commander
Commander

Post by Ulric Jorgensson »

At 21:27 standard military time, Ulric Jorgensson's Raiders engaged the Midgardian Fleet. While most of the ships of the Raider Fleet were destroyed, the Gigas showed why it is feared and respected throughout the universe. The Gigas singlehandedly destroyed the Midgardian attack force sent to count the Raider's fleet.

These Vid-Scans were obtained from both Raider and Midgardian black boxes.

(ok everyone, just to tell you, I actually did this battle, and while the entire thing was running at 1 fps, it ran fairly well. At the end however, there was a little... problem. My game nearly crashed when a ship exploded. So, I got the usual screen shake, the white flash of doom, and then it stayed like that for around 8 mins. When the screen cleared, there wasn't anything of the midgardian fleet left)

This was the scene at the beginning of the battle. The image was recovered from a destroyed Dagger blackbox. It is assumed that the Gigas is off visual.

This is the last image recovered of the battle from a destroyed Heimdall Class Battleship.

Ulric has been quoted as saying "You were warned. You have paid the price. Do not anger me again"
I knew it! Ageis DOES taste like Vanilla!

[img]http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h230/X295Alpha/2.gif[/img]
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

(Off Topic)
Jesus Christ! I go to sleep for a few hours, wake up, and all out war has been declared in my absence, practically. :lol: Damn, now I wish I'd stayed up.

On Topic
Following the assurances of the Estovakian's, the SIS Umbrage withdrew from their territories, back to the nearest S.I.U.S. spaceport. Over the next few days, all out war spreads throughout the Galaxy, with several factions attacking others over what seem to be rather trivial disputes.

Military forces continue to increase within the borders of S.I.U.S. territory, and President Aradel Seraphim sends out numerous communications to nations such as the Royal Sovereignty of Aralonia and the Grand Commonwealth of Her Majesty's Systems, requesting an Alliance of sorts, in case this war spills over and spreads.

Aradel Seraphim has also requested cooperation in creating a peace-keeping force, in an attempt to put an end to these petty little wars, by force if necessary.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

OOC: This is fun, it really is. But is it just me or was it getting a bit REALLY heated earlier? Or was we just really getting into character too much.
Mjolnir
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mjolnir »

OOC: Yo, I go to sleep for 6 hours, i come back, Ive lost one engagement, and fought another, which I have no idea of the results of, its my turn now. Yeah, I think we were just roleplaying well.
Be back in a bit with AARs.
Mjolnir
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mjolnir »

An IVL Carrier group has been engaged and nearly completely destroyed by a Midgardian Hunter Killer squadron.
They engaged in deep space, determined to take down the ships with minimum losses.
The IVL group was composed of a Supercarrier, 4 frigates and 2 battlecruisers.

The squadron opposing them consisted of 2 Aesir Class Heavy Cruisers, 1 Borr Class Carrier and 1 Mjolnir Class Battleship.

The Swarm of long ranged fighters from the Borr Cause considerable damage on the flanking frigate before the IVL group is even in range.

The exchange of weapon fire begins

After the IVL battlegroup moves into position, a Mjolnir II jumps in behind them, shortly after the Mjolnir already there looses its front to a PD beam.

The fight intensifies

The Mjolnir II Thor's Fist quickly obliterates the Supercarrier shortly before another frigate is destroyed and turns its attention onto the 2 cruisers

One is destroyed in only 3 barrages of superheavy railgun fire which overpenetrates both ships

A Warclockwork dreadnaught jumps in, but quickly realises its fighting too many ships and buys enough time for the surviving ships to chage up their jump drives and get out.
OOC: My comp crashed here which is why I didnt finish.

The Midgardian Squadron need to repair the Mjolnir in dry dock, an operation expected to last a month. Other than that, all that happened is that their Scar Hulls got more honored. The IVL fleet escaped with 1 badly damaged cruiser, 2 wrecks which were frigates and a slightly damaged Dreadnought.

OOC This was an awesome fight to watch (at 1fps :P) with space being filled with muntions. If it were any less deflectors, it would of taken around 20 seconds, rather than the 10-15 minutes it did.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

OOC: So much for "cold" war. :roll:
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Arcalane wrote:OOC: So much for "cold" war. :roll:
Oh, come on. :P You knew as soon as someone made a thread like this it was going to escalate from a cold war into just plain old lets-blow-the-crap-out-of-each-other war. :lol:
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Mjolnir
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mjolnir »

Breaking News
A Mjolnir II class Battleship has just engaged an Estovakian dreadnaught. The Mjolnir II, called the Iron Will engaged and destroyed the dreadnaught in a quick one sided battles, lasting less than 2 minutes. The only damage sustained by the Iron Will was caused by the point beams, much like what happened in the recent engagement between IVL and Midgardian Battlegroups. Here are the pictures of the engagement

Clan Representative Krizen of Clan Skoll: " I ask of you that you stop this unwarranted aggression before more of your men see the dark side of Hel. We have not done anything to provoke you, and we warned you to stay away. You still came, and if you do not leave, we won't be as kind as we have done so far."

OOC:
Oh, come on. Razz You knew as soon as someone made a thread like this it was going to escalate from a cold war into just plain old lets-blow-the-crap-out-of-each-other war. Laughing
Hey, at least I tried to keep it cold.