The Long Night - Demon: The Fallen (IC Thread)

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

STARSTRUCK

Re: The Long Night - Demon: The Fallen (IC Thread)

Post by STARSTRUCK »

Pia caught a bus for the trip home. The public transport system was fairly swamped; it was a Friday, after all. She returned without event to the apartment building where she and a fair number of students resided. While the high concentration of youth naturally brought with it large concentrations of trouble, Pia was never given a choice: this was about the quietest flat she could afford in the college vicinity. The pricier dorms were out of reach of her allowance.

Upon arriving, she called up one of her classmates about the classes she'd missed. He acknowledged her, of course, but he couldn't even match her name to her face. Pia intended to keep it that way. She always tried to remain distant, even if it made her seem aloof; not even Svarog's larger-than-life personality could overcome this inhibition of his host.

As she'd planned earlier, she withdrew to spend the rest of the afternoon in her apartment. Almost automatically she turned on her computer, depressing the power button with her foot. The monitor blinked to life, displaying the red and yellow backdrop of Nchannel in vast resolution. It was set to refresh the page automatically and inform her if any interesting threads floated to the top.

There would be time to plumb the depths of mortals' minds later, Pia decided. For now, she had something more important to do. After brewing up a cup of coffee, she withdrew Gabriel's pistol and placed it on the angled surface of her drawing table. She took her time, inspecting the workings of the weapons with care.

Svarog cracked his knuckles. He didn't want to disappoint.

Svarog invoked the Lore of the Forge: Enhance Object on the pistol, expending a point of temporary Willpower to make it permanent.
Last edited by Arcalane on Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: LORGE OF THE FORGE :V
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

Dantanian felt refreshed as he stepped back out into the open air, as though he now had more purpose being here. Nathaniel's stomach however had it's own objectives, and deciding that not having eaten yet today was a bad move, he found the nearest vendor he could and bought a bar of chocolate, before hailing a taxi to head home and get something decent to eat. In the back of the cab he closed his eyes and collated all the information he'd found out, but to little avail. There was no reasonable conclusion to the events that morning, he'd have to find out some more for himself.
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Post by kittenpillar100 »

Suzanna knew she sould be scared of Undra, but he looked like one of those drug addicted rock star idiots and his huge grin was just silly. Stifling a smile, Suzanna walked briskly upstairs. On the way up, Nammu regained control and gave her host's mind what you would call a 'mental slap' for disrespecting Undra.

When she got outside, she was blinded a little by the sun after being in a dank cellar for so long, looking at the PDA, she checked the adress of fiona westbridge again and summoned a taxi, choosing the general location of fiona rather than her exact adress, not to arouse suspicion. Fiona would die quick, Because on her side Nammu had suprise, and a sword...
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

The receptionist - Claire - at the care center Gabriel worked at looked relieved as her came inside, smiling faintly, pushing her oval glasses up a little and brushing a few stray red hairs out of her eyes, "Thank God you're here, Gabriel. We've had three people come in today with strange rashes and bumps on their skin. Nobody else here has ever seen anything quite like it. We're worried there's a new disease spreading among the homeless... anyway, I've sent them all to your waiting room." She said, looking a little ragged, but still, she managed a smile for Gabriel.

"I'll see about getting some coffee for you. You look like you barely slept."

Svarog had a fair bit of trouble enchanting Gabriel's gun on the first attempt. Maybe it was the unfamiliarity with the weapon or just a general lack of focus, but it took Svarog a good two hours of intense focus to finally enchant the weapon to his satisfaction. Once he was done, however, the weapon was something formidable indeed, the enchantments guided the aim of whoever used the weapon, the velocity of the shots enhanced considerably as well. All in all, it was quite an impressive piece of work.

Svarog enchanted the firearm with +2 dice of damage and -2 difficulty for Firearms rolls made with it.

Nathaniel enjoyed a nice meal, I guess? Not giving me much to work with here, lol.

All of them recieved a text from Danielle later informing them that she'd arranged for them to be able to visit the crimescene that evening. Please make a post Latooni. :(

It was only a short jog to the apartment building where Fiona lived after Suzanna was dropped off in the taxi. The apartment building was rather nice. A fairly expensive looking place with studio apartments. Fiona's apartment was one the third floor, 302. There was no way of knowing if she was home just yet, however.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Atrum
Captain
Captain

Post by Atrum »

"You know where I live. There was a drug shootout, then the cops came. Didn't get any sleep, to be exact." Gabriel rubbed his right eye as he started walking towards the waiting room. "Anyway, thanks. I'll see what I can do."

Gabriel walked into his office. Unlike a normal hospital's, it was smaller, and lacked the high-technology that a commercial hospital had access to. But it didn't matter. Asharu were masters over life, and Gabriel wasn't adverse to occasionally "cheating" when he didn't have the available medicines(So long as nobody knew. But of course, he fucked up once. That was how the rest of the Fallen managed to find him).

The room was also pristine- while most Asharu had an attachment to all living things, Gabriel viewed bacterium and viruses(...The jury's still out on whether they count as "alive") as one of the curses that God gave the world and did his very best to exterminate them.

=Rebels of the Firmament! I name you Asharu, the Scourges, and share with you this curse: All men are fated to die. All, without exception. Even those who escape malice and malady and mischance shall come to the Slayers in the end. Humanity is now gripped by age, and as they grow so shall they decay, becoming infirm of mind and frail of body, until even the strongest grows weak, and even the wisest grows feeble. You can continue to guard if you wish- indeed, I'm sure you shall- but do so knowing that all your efforts are ultimately futile.=

"Fuck you too, YHWH." Gabriel muttered as he tapped the "next patient" button on his table. Of all the fragments of his memory, this was the only complete one. Of course it was. Millenia of hate and torment were focused on it. Forgetting it would make his entire rebellion moot.

Gabriel attempted to use his Medicine skill to cure his patients(Obviously) and attempted to determine if there was anything unnatural about the outbreak.
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

While the sight of two teenagers enjoying some sort of coffee-bean-based-product while seated in a mall's food-court was in no way unusual, they still got plenty of stares. Danielle largely ignored them, but Serena was visibly preening.

Danielle leaned forward across the table, resting her elbows on it. "You're grinning too much. What happened, Serena?"
"4 guys this week! I mean, asked me out. This week."
"And?! How many did you say yes to?!"
"Only one, that cute guy who works at the American Eagle store? His name is Alex," she says with a giggle.
"I told you they'd be all over you, Serena!"
Serena's smile slowly faded, and looked down at her latte. "I think I'd rather have Dani back."
Danielle sighed. "I'm sorry. She is - was," Danielle corrected herself, earning a glare from Serena, "a very sweet girl who tried her hardest to be worthy of the love she thought God had for her and humanity. When I look at who she used to be," earning another glare, "I remember loving the Allmighty myself."
"And you killed her." It was a flat accusation, without rancor. Samekhel noticed that every time they talked about this - they've already had this conversation 3 times in their acquaintanceship - Serena was a little more understanding.
"...We've been through this. It's complicated. Yes, I forced her soul out. I told you what it's like when I look at who she used to be. When I look at who she was after losing her sister, it's completely different. I don't think humans can ever understand what the Abyss is like, I can't even remember it well in this form. But the anguish of being betrayed by your own love, your self-identity being ripped from you... These are feelings I understood very, very well."
Serena sat there, watching silently.
"I love Danielle too, Serena. But you lost her when her sister died. Even if I hadn't come, her soul was very weak, and very lost. You would have barely recognize her; she'd be a different person."
Samekhel noticed Serena was shaking, and the shaking was increasing. Without even thinking, he jumped out of his chair, and ran to hug Serena. Serena, in response, sobbed into Danielle's sweater.

------

"Thank you. You didn't have to do that," Serena said while dabbing at her eyes with a tissue.
"Don't be silly, Serena. We're friends forever, remember?"
Serena visibly winced. "You don't have to pretend to be her to make me feel better."
Blinking in consternation, Samekhel shook his head. "I'm sorry. I wasn't. When I'm with you, I have trouble remembering exactly where Danielle ends and I begin. Her feelings about you are very powerful, almost overwhelming. I'm happy we're friends too."
Serena looked at Samekhel with a slight smile, then away, blushing. "So, what did you really want to talk about?"
Samekhel cleared his throat. "I'm sure you've heard about the church incident this morning?"
"I think everybody has. What was that, anyway?"
"I don't know, but apparently it's my job to find out. I'm supposed to be working with others like me for the next few days. I want you to act as normal as ever. Go on your date, flirt with boys, everything normal. But I want you to keep an eye out, you might be in danger. If you think you're in danger, say my name - not Danielle, but the one I told you not to say - twice out loud, and try to get somewhere well-lit, safe, and public. And I may need one or two weird favors in the next few days, so if you get a weird urge or voice in your head, listen to it. Don't worry, I made it so no one else but me could talk to you like that when you asked me to make you cuter."
"...Why are you telling me all this? Aren't I a liability?"
"I think you have a much better chance of surviving if you know the risks. And I would prefer you to live."
"Gee, thanks. That's comforting."
"I'm your friend, not your stuffed animal."