The Spore Game -- species A

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

flabort
Captain
Captain

Re: The Spore Game -- species A

Post by flabort »

You aim your nice new cannon at an unexpected angle. By un-anchoring and firing suddenly, you manage to avoid getting hit by the salesman's next shot, and it sends you careening behind a corner. You re-anchor, and lie in wait. After a few moments, the salesman pops around the corner, and you unleash the whole of your firepower. Luckily enough, you struck it full in the face, right between the eyes and up the proboscis. Although your 'full power' had quite a spread, and so you didn't actually deal much damage. It was, though, still enough to kill it.
You then proceed to drag the corpse, gross slime and all, out of the caves. you finally make it back to your nest, and store the corpse near enough to the 'drain' that wisps of slime start to peel off, while the corpse stays still.

you have 1 hp
you have 4 stomach
you have 16 DNA
Flaming Leaches And Beetles On Rye Toast... my name is an acronym...
ThirdEmperor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ThirdEmperor »

Okay. Eat the salesman as soon as enough of the slime has drained off that it's safe, then sleep. If any of our doubles show up and try to take our kill, run them off. That's why we don't sleep until it's safely in our guts.

Once we wake up, evolve the following.

Toxic Slime- 6 DNA
Strong Toxins- 6 DNA
Persisting Toxins- 6 DNA
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

I remember back when we first noticed and tried eating the slime, it didnt hurt us then. but lets be safe
Strong Toxins THEN Toxic Slime
But otherwise I agree with third
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

You wait a while for some of the slimy yucky stuff to drain off the salesman. Eventually, enough of it has drained that you feel it's safe to eat. You gobble down as much of it as you can, leaving just a tiny bit that you can't finish (8 DNA). You leave it to take a nap, replenishing your torn tissues. When you wake up, you realize your double has returned. Angry that he might have eaten what was left of your sales man, you start to run him off... then notice, that instead of one partially finished salesman, there are two almost eaten, and another corpse almost fully intact.
You try to convey to your double, that if it's going to live near you and share stockpiles, you're going to need separate nests. Your wiggling doesn't mean anything to it, though, so you give up.
You then split, aggressively rearranging your DNA. At first you don't notice any change. Then, you notice that your slime seems... yellower. Your organs now more efficiently process minerals into toxins, and having more of them in your body than it can deal with, it has loaded your slime up with them. Not to mention that they now take longer to decompose.
And not to mention that, again, you forgot to make a point of splitting outside, and now there's a third-- no, a fourth, because of your double-- just another duplicate taking up space in your nest. Although they all seem to be stockpiling midgets and food as fast as they can.

you have 4 hp
you have 6 stomach
you have 6 DNA
LongcatX
Commander
Commander
Location: behind you, oh wait, im behind you again ...watching you...

Post by LongcatX »

lets expand out nest, seeing as how we have an entire family now...
i am 93.6665% pure randomness.
ThirdEmperor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ThirdEmperor »

Okay. We've got food, we're ultra-deadly sliming machines, now it's time to expand the empire. Swim outwards from our hollow and the tunnels, looking for the floowing, in order of priotrity:

1. Exceptionally strong creatures.
2. Non-aggressive omnivores or carnivores, preferably something that eats carrion.
3. Plants that can survive being uprooted.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Agree with 3rd and Long
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

You swim out of you nest, deciding to expand. You see three directions to expand in:
Outwards, across the valley, Upwards, up the mountain, and Inwards, into the caves. Since two of your duplicates also come to the conclusion that expansion is the best option, they also come out. Also, since one swam across the valley, and one into the caves, you decide to explore up the mountain.
You swim up to the first ledge up. The first thing you see is that, floating amongst the plants, are quantities of algae. As well, there is a completely different plant that you've never seen nearby. It looks like it's made of sections, tubes pushed into eachother, like horsetail (although you've never heard of horsetail). However, it's got barbs sticking out of it, hundreds and hundreds of thorns that you... don't think you want to touch. And at the top is a blobby looking membrane, as if... Nah, you've already seen a carnivorous plant, what are the odds of two next to eachother?
Meanwhile, you've noticed a change in the local populations of midgets. They seem to be covered in a woolly hair now. Looking around, you see that not all of the midgets have evolved yet, but... the looks of these new and improved midgets makes you think that you could almost sheer them, and make a coat of their wool.
There's also a long worm like cell, that you automatically feel should be called "toothy", as if somebody'd already named it. It looks rather weak, but it's still hunting midgets anyways.

you have 4 hp
you have 4 stomach
you have 6 DNA
ThirdEmperor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ThirdEmperor »

Well, the midgets do appear to be plant-eaters, so let's go ahead with the plan. Kill the Toothy with our cannons, then use them to herd the midgets into our cave. There, shove them all into a room, seal the exit, and go retrieve some algae to feed our new cattle.
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

ThirdEmperor wrote:Well, the midgets do appear to be plant-eaters, so let's go ahead with the plan. Kill the Toothy with our cannons, then use them to herd the midgets into our cave. There, shove them all into a room, seal the exit, and go retrieve some algae to feed our new cattle.
Their geovores. :roll:
Plants eat them, not the other way around. :lol: I can see how you would make the mistake, with the new variety, and me only stating how the soil is poor because of them, not saying that they eat it, and that being a while ago.
ThirdEmperor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ThirdEmperor »

In that case, kill Toothy, hers midgets into a cave, cover cave walls with slime and toss in some tasty rocks.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

That makes it easier, we can have slave labor to extend our caverns, and we can eat them too.
So Shoot toothys, and try to herd "Furry Midgets" into our cave, then we can keep guard over them and hope one of the others realizes what we are doing and joins in. At least until we can make a gate. Maybe a door of slime.
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

You aim to kill the toothy. A poor aim, coupled with a furry midget ramming into you at that moment, causes you to miss his center of mass, leaving him injured, but still alive. The toothy swivels his one eye to stare at you, and charges at you. How such an unevolved... food source, could have managed to hit you so bad...
Maybe it has to do with the fact that, for some reason, the place where the furry midget rammed you, despite it not hurting, is now numb, your vision is blurry, and that you can't feel your flagella...
But, just as the toothy turns around to strike again, it shudders, and is then still. Your toxins did their work, delivered in a rapid blast of slime.

you have 1 health
you have 2 stomach
you have 6 DNA
I have finally disproved that you guys rigged my dice
ThirdEmperor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ThirdEmperor »

You know what? To hell with herding them, let's make them fear their rightful overlords. Blast the one that attacked us, then back up from the herd as far as possible while keeping them in range. Then fire. Fire at everything. We shall burn our name into their puny minds, and it shall be Death.

(Note that I'm not naming us Death)
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

You fire at the furry midget that rammed you, hoping to revenge your loss of senses. You miss, completely, not being able to see, but you don't notice, again for the same reason.
You then turn your slime cannons on the groups of midgets... or atleast, where you thought they where. You have no idea if you hit them. Getting really hungry, too, you try to swim to the toothy you killed, but can't find it. You really need to be able to see, and even feel, where you're going if you're going to get anywhere.

you have 1 health
you have 0 stomach (you will take damage next round if you don't eat right away)
you have 6 DNA