The Spore Game -- species A

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Re: The Spore Game -- species A

Post by Silverware »

I suggest we each build our respective projects THEN get together and make a new colony, explain it to "B" maybe he will be willing.
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

You don't even have to try to convince the Kamira's group to help. Instead, it asks to combine the two projects, the shrine to creativity being the chandelier, albeit there being more than one chandelier. You agree to this, and start producing crystals. Once the Kamira in the groups have a framework hanging from the roof, you push the crystals against the frame and cement it against the frame by making more crystals.
The other Gork! all also cover the frames with slime, and harden it down into crystals, meaning you quickly finish the first chandelier, and see the second finished up quickly. The other eight or so frames the Kamira make also get covered in crystal, but not as rapidly, and still need more. But you announce that the first is ready to have the great glow stone lifted into it, and you and some other Gork! dive down and under it. You are well aware that a single Kamira could lift it, but the Gork! have pride, and you want to try. After struggling to get it up, however, all you have to do to get it into the chandelier is pretty much control it's fall.
The tunnel is pretty much instantly brighter. It's with an orange light, but you've already made a bright orange fashion statement, and displaying it in an orange light can't be bad for your armored look. And you can see into corners and cracks you couldn't before.

You have 6 hp
you have 3 stomach (+2 photo)
You have 12 DNA (+2 photo)
Flaming Leaches And Beetles On Rye Toast... my name is an acronym...
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

I say we take the time to evolve, Increase Mental Capacity (-1 HP) (6) and Increase Mass (5).
Make us more intelligent without lowering our current stats, just talking a little more DNA.
Erev
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Erev »

I agree - after we finish the chandeliers.

Edit: Eventually getting a few more health and a bit more speed wouldn't go amiss either. I'm starting to worry that a raging Kamira could kill a lot of Gork! with exploding spines. We are somewhat fragile and, despite being the brains of the operation, we are also a bit less evolved.
James_Markam
Functionally Retarded

Post by James_Markam »

Yes we defiantly need that.
Image Image Image

The purge has begun...

[hr][/hr]ImageImageImageImage
[spoiler]Image
So, how do I get to the core from here?
[/spoiler]
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Post by kittenpillar100 »

Specially you james :3
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

Ugh. I'm sorry, I'm a bit... Well, my brain's a little loopy right now. I was conscripted into cleaning the garage today, so I couldn't get to the computer to update when I planned, and the scents in there are enough to.... Well, let's just say I'm making liberal use of the backspace & arrow keys to type this. And the physical work (something I'm not used to) and lack of water...

Sorry. Today's update won't happen. I fear I may be conscripted to finish up tomorrow, too, so....
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

Sorry guys. I can't do this anymore.
And this time I do mean the Spore game.

I'm retiring it. It's been great, You've all been great, I'm sure good times were had all around. But, I can't keep on. Sorry.
I may not even show up often here on wyrdysm anymore. But I enjoyed the time I had cursing away at my dice, in a public library, and coming up with various foes and watching your various techniques in fighting them was pretty cool.
Spoiler!
Also, when you fought that "invisible" thing, and it hit you with a light attack? Yeah, that was it's camera, as some of you may have guessed. And why was it so hot? Well, it generated that heat as a side effect of not being in the visible spectrum. I was going to make a climatic battle for the transfer to creature stage, where it uncloaked and cooled off, but...
Yeah, sorry I have to let this die.
Doogie12
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Doogie12 »

Well...there goes Wyrdysm again...
naysayers will be shot
Erev
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Erev »

That's a bummer. :( Good luck mate, and enjoy the spare time!

By the way - if you don't mind sharing - are there any tips or hidden rules that you might share for those of us interested in running something like this on our own?
Das_Hexer
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Das_Hexer »

I might take this over because I have a UBERMENSCH amount of freetime, But I may restart it and do the dual species thing again though just because it has a awkward pause with the camera atm aKA BOSS BATTLE
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

If you want I started one awhile ago over here
And have just started up the second version of it.
Erev
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Erev »

Actually... running 2 or 3 species across different boards might be a fun excersize. Less crossover for one AND different boards have different types of people who may go about building species in entirely different manners.

Just a thought. :)
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

If you wanted to do that I would recommend LARGE boards. And allowing each species to name everything differently. It will cause more chaos and confusion. Especially if you don't mention its being run with other people.