The Spore Game -- species A

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: The Spore Game -- species A

Post by Bad Boy »

Don't worry bud, it's sufficient that you're keeping it up basically daily and for that matter at all. A day off isn't a big deal... Well, as long as it's not every day :P
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

You call the other Gork! in the room to follow you, and then head out, looking for the Kamira who was just here. Since Kamira don't have slime trails like yourselves, it's a bit dificult, but you surmise from it's initial direction that it's heading towards the Central tunnel again. As you head through the tunnels, you see more and more Gork! experimenting with this new crystal building material. Very quickly you see various applications as armors and weapons show up. You even see once Gork! build some sort of structure that looks just like one of the kamira, which you guess could be used to scare off scarier predators.
Not long after passing the sculpture, you emerge into the central tunnel, where you see the Kamira, clutching it's egg, talking with the alpha Kamira. And the alpha seems pretty upset. You can see right behind him, in his private chambers, is a huge pile of eggs, Kamira eggs, of course. But why does he have such a large pile of them? He couldn't have laid them all by himself.
You notice that the light from the Great Glow stone, as it's been called by the Kamira, refracts into and through your new crystaline armor and weaponry, sending your recently gained photosynthesis into full tilt. So that's why the Kamira revere it so....

you have 6 hp
you have 4 stomach (+2 photo)
you have 5 DNA (+2 photo)
Flaming Leaches And Beetles On Rye Toast... my name is an acronym...
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Bask in the glow of the great nuclear fire glow stone.
Then head over the the egg chamber and ask the alpha Kamira whats up with all the eggs.
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

You enjoy the light of the Glow stone, and are about to ask why the alpha has so many eggs, when the Kamira that had been talking with it comes up and asks you to kill the alpha! It's shocking that he would ask you to help him with what has previously always been a one-on-one event, but after the initial shock wears off, and you realize that the alpha and the other kamira are actually shooting at eachother, you swim around the rock, where the alpha is not covered and protected from the Kamira, and simply shoot your slim jet at it. The other Gork! all help, too, and the Alpha is quickly finished, leaving the Kamira from earlier the new alpha.
You notice some of the eggs in the Alpha's nest start to hatch, and the one the new alpha was carrying, too, and after a moment's hesatation, you see the new alpha enter his room, and start to destroy some of the other eggs that haven't hatched yet. The Kamira coming out of the eggs, though, are somewhat different. some of them start spitting, and producing a brown hard rock-like substance, and now stringy things are coming out of their back sides. You're not sure what the strings are useful for, but you realize that that hard rock-spit stuff is not unlike your crystallizing slime.

you have 6 hp
you have 7 DNA (+2 photo)
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Ask the kamira what he plans to do now, might as well stick with him for a while. It seems regicide isn't a big deal in this society so we shouldn't get in shit for it.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Right its time to get organised, just in case. get some of the other Gork! to start patrolling the room only allowing Gork! in for now, tell the Kamira that there has been a change in leadership and that it will be resolved shortly.
Then start talking with the new Alpha, ask him what its plans for the future are.
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

You consider briefly kicking all the Kamira out of the Central chamber, or otherwise start a revolution. You even mention it to another Gork!, and the horrified look he gives you makes you quickly regret it. He mentions the Council, and their tendency to disapprove of aggression towards Kamira. Participating in the Right for Alpha ritual as allies was abhorrent enough. It seems if you want to start a revolution, most of the other Gork! will not give you their aid.
Realizing that, you instead ask the new alpha what his plans for the near or far future are. Apparently he intends to (somehow) split the Kamira into separate branches the way the Gork! are. Interesting, but what are his short term plans? When there is no reply, you ask what you can do to help. The new Alpha's response tells you that he really didn't think about the short term, about arranging with the Gork! councils for new rooms for the Kamira, about helping determine how much food should go where, and all the other responsibilities that come with being the Alpha, the Leader. He continues to be silent, stunned.

you have 6 hp
You have 9 DNA (+2 photo)
James_Markam
Functionally Retarded

Post by James_Markam »

Ask the baby Kamira if he will help you build a structure that will amplify the glow stone's power and, make doers at all of the tunnel entrances. then post guards at them to inspect every one who comes through until the the alpha has finished making his plans.
Image Image Image

The purge has begun...

[hr][/hr]ImageImageImageImage
[spoiler]Image
So, how do I get to the core from here?
[/spoiler]
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Wait, our armour refracted the light nicely, Lets make a chandelier thing for it and get a Kamira to place it in its new holder, see if that makes it better or worse. Then start organising a colony group to move out and start a new satellite colony of the Main Colony.
Get Kamira and Gork! together to start this new Colony.
Erev
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Erev »

Hey folks - I ran into BSF while looking back at a reference to this thread from another spore game in a different forum. While I was here BSF itself caught my interest and I figured since I was here anyways, I'd join up on this one too. Specifically, I'm choosing to join up with the Gork! crowd since this thread has fewer posts and it seems slightly whackier than the Kamira thread.

I'm all for the idea of starting a new colony - preferably with haste. The Gork! councils may not be too happy with how we've messed with the status quo and introduced the concept of civil war and cross species political interference and set up a newborn as (an undoubtably shortlived) alpha....
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Now I lock this thread and force you all into slave labour actually making ships in BSF. Bwahahahaha!

Nah, I won't do that. I'm too nice a guy. :)
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

You know the kinds of ships I make ;) that would not be a good idea haha.
Erev
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Erev »

I used to make some damn fine Starmada ships. I'm not certain how well those skills would translate to BSF though!
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

You spend a lot of time gathering Gork! and Kamira willing to help build your grand chandelier you had ideas for. And to eventually make another nest, although less are willing to move out. More Kamira than Gork! in your group are willing, and you can't find many Kamira able to produce these new building materials. Most of them come from the Alpha's chamber where there are still hatching eggs, and where the new alpha has given up destroying any.
But there's that one you've deduced to be the Alpha's offspring. You want to ask it to help, but it's very busy, followed by a gang of similar Gork! and Kamira. Once you do manage to stop it, and ask it, it tells you that it's gathering a building group as well! It wants to build a shrine outside the nest to the new found creative abilities of both species. You tell it of your plans for the chandelier, and how the Glow Stone will be that much brighter when it's built, and also of the plans to make another nest elsewhere.
But gathering each of your respective build teams has taken so long, and I actually rolled for this, that you don't have time to actually build anything this round. So, you get to decide whether to help the other group.

you have 6 hp
you have 3 stomach (+1 photo)
you have 10 DNA (+1 photo)
Erev
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Erev »

I say we work on convincing them to join us on the chandelier project. In addition, I wonder if it might be possible to create some sort of basic lense to help direct light from the Great Glowstone up and down the grand tunnel. I mean, it's gotta be dark in there and being able to see properly in our own home would be a wonderful legacy to leave.

As for the colonization project, I don't like the fact that we've more Kamira than Gork! willing to go, but our natural gestation advantage will fix the imbalance before too long I figure.

Edit: Also, do we have a name for ourself? Otherwise I'm going to have to refer to us as Scragblen the Third.