The Spore Game -- species A

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: The Spore Game -- species A

Post by Bad Boy »

Well we can't evolve anything that I see being particularly useful for cracking it open. So the only option would be to use a strong shot to try and make the hole bigger and to do that we'd have to rest first. So, I suggest resting first for a bit then strong shot then delicious meat.

That said, if anyone has a viable suggestion that doesn't involve resting I'll change my vote to support it.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

we need a proboscis.
But first lets drag it off to a safe place so we can sleep and heal. 1 hp is NOT safe.
ThirdEmperor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ThirdEmperor »

Agreed. Drag it somewhere safe, proceed to slime away it's armor, eating to refill our Stomach as needed.
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

A quick glance around at your surroundings reveals a few things. First, you can see the giant slime cloud you created. Second, on the other side of the cloud, the forest remains pretty unchanged. Third, it would be equal distance to your nest as to the forest, and one of your duplicates is already coming your way to investigate the giant cloud of slime. You decide that, if it's willing to come over to investigate, it can help you drag the corpse back to the nest.
You fail to communicate with it, though, not being able to properly convey your ideas, and it not being able to understand your sounds and motions. Rather, it swims into the slime cloud to figure out what made it, never for a moment considering that it might be you.
You are then forced to drag the corpse yourself, deciding that your nest is as good a place as any to rest. After dragging it that far, you find that there are none of your duplicates in the nest right now, and there have been enough rooms added by however many are still residing in the nest that you could hide from them with the corpse even if they did come back.
So you take a nap, resting right on the corpse just to emphasize that it's YOURS.
When you wake up, you're still alone, except for the corpse, and the thousands of midget corpses stuffed into various rooms.

you have 4 hp
you have 2 stomach
you have 20 DNA
Flaming Leaches And Beetles On Rye Toast... my name is an acronym...
adelbert60
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by adelbert60 »

use a thin high power slime jet to go through its armor just like a water jet cutter. but first examine his corps a bit better.
ThirdEmperor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ThirdEmperor »

What the other guy said. Cut it up, eat, enjoy.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Examine, cut open, examine, eat
Lets try getting evolutions unlocked for this
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Also, after that's done munch on some (many) midgets ejecting mass as necessary. The more dna the better.
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

You examine the corpse thoroughly, trying to figure out what makes it tick.
Besides the Super Long Spines, which are Barbed, and the armor, which appears to be made out of some sort of fibrous rock, jet black, and layered over, you can't tell much about it from the surface. It's pretty much impervious.
You then proceed to use your slime jets to try and expand the hole, so you can get to that fleshy interior. You discover something in the process, though. The corpse has been dead long enough, that the armor has loosened, and just a few squirts peal up several of the overlapping segments of armor. You feast upon the innards of your fallen foe, ravenously, relishing the victory (16 DNA + 1 GDNA).
As you finish off your meal, one of your duplicates wanders in, hauling three or four more midgets. Plain, but oh well. It reminds you, and you eject excess mass into the "drain stream", and eat a few midgets in order to garner as much DNA as possible (8 DNA).

you have 4 hp
you have 6 stomach
you have 44 DNA + 1 GDNA
adelbert60
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by adelbert60 »

evolve:

Produce Demonic Toxins 1 GDNA, 6 DNA

Sectioned shell 6 DNA

Harden shell 5 DNA

Overlapping shell 7 DNA

And Retractable External organ (da armor) 6 DNA

and some stealth (rock and sand) 4 DNA

that is 1 GDNA and 34 DNA in total so there is some left for other suggestions.
ThirdEmperor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ThirdEmperor »

Retractable External Organ doesn't seem all that useful, as it doesn't give any bonus to Stealth unless we buy it twice. Now, if we later get an organ that causes trouble with moving or eating, we should consider it, but for now, we have other things that are more important.

Produce Demonic Toxins- 1 GDNA, 6 DNA

We're already focused on being poisonous creatures that no-one in their right mind would eat. Let's make our poison and primary attack method that much more effective.

Sectioned shell- 6 DNA

Harden shell- 5 DNA

Overlapping shell- 7 DNA

We need defense, as shown by the creature which we just killed, which I hereby name a Tank, which smacked us down to 1 Health in one attack.

Grow Spines- 6 DNA

Barbed Spines- 8 DNA

Inject Toxins (Spines)- 8 DNA

I cannot overstate how effective spines have been in every game I've seen. We need them, and as we're poison based, we should make sure that they inject our stunning, killing poisons into anything that attacks us.

If naming the creature doesn't give us enough DNA to get all these, wait and eat some more, or leave out Barbed Spines.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Produce Demonic Toxins -6, -1G
Persisting Toxins -6
Inject toxins -8
Fur -6
Sectioned shell -6
Harden shell -5
Overlapping shell -7

total : -44dna -1Gdna

Super strong attack + defence.
After that I suggest going after things that let us use less stomach, as we can eject if we need to.
It would be good to have a strong set of survival evolutions after we get these combat ones.
Lets keep reproduction low so we don't have as much competition.
adelbert60
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by adelbert60 »

I think that third's idea is better and that is a good name, although i would swap barbed spines for persisting toxins. and later we could use brawny mass and better spikes.
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

Sorry, I know I said we'd be relatively delay free for a while, but... well, Today's update I think may take a bit of work.

Also, silverware, you need to specify something to inject toxins through. Teeth? spines? Of course, you'd need to evolve spines to use if for spines...
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Oh right forgot about that, make it teeth, unless the evolutions get selected to give us spines in that case make it the spines.