The Spore Game -- species A

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Re: The Spore Game -- species A

Post by Silverware »

Yeah was gonna add them, accel repro first tho, then barbed spines. if we get enough dna
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Silverware wrote:Yeah was gonna add them, accel repro first tho, then barbed spines. if we get enough dna
Yeah, I guess that order makes more sense. Change mine to this.
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

You chew off some of the stomper's membrane, eating what you can (5 DNA), spitting out what you can't. You then proceed to split, your genetic code rearranging itself rapidly, mimicking some of what you saw, creating new stuff, and just generally changing around, quickly.
Once it settles down, you notice you feel bigger. And faster. In fact, not only has your slime become more slippery, due both to a change in your toxin's make up, but also because of changes to the slime itself, too, but you've got another flagellum, to go with it. You've also got a large horn on your head, resembling the one you saw on that spiny cell, but hollow, with some muscles to push some more of your toxins through it whenever you stab something. Your spines have grown longer, too, making your appearance much fiercer. It also helps that you've now got a brain, sort of, that you feel you can reproduce more often, and that your toxins last much longer, making them much deadlier.
You decide you need a name for yourself, since you're capable of conscious thought now, and not in much danger. You mutter something to your new clone, who responds with a few bubbly remarks, although the words are nonsense, as you haven't yet formed a language.

you have 5 hp
you have 3 stomach
you have 1 DNA
Flaming Leaches And Beetles On Rye Toast... my name is an acronym...
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

how bout we call ourselves the'Speesheez-hei' :lol:
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Or "Spork".
Then lets gorge on any nearby corpses, and try creating a language, pointing with out horn at random things and giving sounds for that thing. Ect.
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

You instantly come up with two names for yourself, one complicated, one short. You mull them over, being unable to decide which to take upon yourself. You decide that you will decide later, depending on whether you think of any others or not.
You then start your language forming process, pointing at things and stating random words. Your clone, who is still smarter than your average cell, but still none to bright, points too, spouting completely different words. This goes on for a few moments.
You've just tried to call a deep red plant with vines that branch so frequently that it looks like broad leaves, a "Roo'ud", while your clone called it a "wee'ood", when one of those large, spiny cells floats between you, points at the plant with one of it's tentacles, and states "Roo'ud", agreeing with you!
Your clone looks momentarily confused, then states "Roo'ud? Roo'ud", kind of confused, but accepting that this huge guy has some authority. But then it says "Rue-ed?", obviously not happy with the name. After a few more changes to the name, you finally all settle on "Ruegga" (+1 DNA). You then point to a rock on the ground, with a pale green hue, and darker blue swirls, and spout a name for it, starting the progress for the next object.
This process takes long enough you forget to eat.

you have 5 hp
you have 1 stomach
you have 2 DNA
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Lets eat some of the Ruegga and continue naming things, since names are important.
Language is important too, since communication will give us huge advantages.
adelbert60
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by adelbert60 »

silverware i couldn't agree more (seconded)
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

as you mull over your clone's latest name for that pretty rock, you munch on some of the ruegga, finding it to be chock full of something... harmful. You body seizes up, and you stop producing slime. you find you can still move your mouth and talk, but that's about it. Your clone realizes that you can't move, and stops his mouth in mid-bite, avoiding eating any of the ruegga. he then points his horn at the rock again, and states his name for it again. This time, you agree.
You notice that the larger cell that helped you with naming the ruegga has swam off. You try to move yourself, but can't. Your clone then swims behind you and gives you a push... with his slime jet. Arg! Atleast, he had it at it's weakest strength, and it didn't penetrate, just bruised. Still though, Ow. He realizes this is a bad technique, and resorts to pushing you with his side. He then points at another plant, and tries to name it. You disagree, of course, but by now your naming process has sped up.
After a while, you have named 3 more varieties of plant, have come up with words for 2 actions, and named another type of pretty rock. (+4 DNA)

you have 3 hp
you have 0 stomach (eat or take damage next round)
you have 6 DNA
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Eat some other plant or rock until we've got a bit of stomach then keep naming things. It's a fun waste of time so there's no reason not to.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

I don't think Ruegga is good for us.
Totally agree with Bad Boy
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

Whoops, I think I forgot to update today. :oops: :shock: And now it's a bit late for it... Sorry. I'll update tomorrow for sure, but sorry for the lack of update today.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Dw, we all understand haha.
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

You swallow one of the rocks, an almost perfectly clear little thing you've named "Deeline", which is so soft it digests pretty quickly, giving you nutrients, but minimally fills your stomach (+4 DNA). You then continue naming things, trying to name as many actions as possible, so that you can actually tell each other to do things. It would be nice if that bigger cell was still around, because the process would have gone faster, but you eventually name 6 more actions, 3 of which are combat related, 4 different strengths of slime-jet, 2 more kinds of rock, and another plant. your clone also splits, and you name that action, as well. And you bump into one of your kind who you recognize as being descended from the one who examined that slime cloud, without realizing what it was. You can tell by the little purple splotch between it's eyes, although otherwise this one's just like you. since there are more of you now, this could accelerate your language making process.

you have 3 hp
you have 1 stomach
you have 10 DNA
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Eat more and keep going, introduce our newfangled language to this one and then start naming new things.
For shits and giggles I say we try to figure out some sort of power ranger style combination thing (and name it) but this is probably more of a joke suggestion.