The Spore Game -- species A

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

flabort
Captain
Captain

Re: The Spore Game -- species A

Post by flabort »

You have to wait for an availible evolution. My notes say that... after reproducing/evolving once more, you unlock one.
Flaming Leaches And Beetles On Rye Toast... my name is an acronym...
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Well lets run back to our hiding hole then. Eat available easy things on the way too.
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

You duck into the hole you'd been in earlier. What with the plant you lined it with, it's pretty well hidden from the salesman. You can hear him roaring with rage at losing track of you, but you're not going to let him know where you are. He examines several caves looking for you, spraying slime jets everywhere.
Yeesh. you could almost call him a 'door-to-door' salesman.

you have 4 hp

you have 2 stomach

you have 10 DNA
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Nice =P
Right lets start eating the rocks to make out nest/hole bigger, and poop out the excess food. We want this place to be a large cavern.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Seconded. Lets just be careful we don't dig into one of that thing's tunnels, ya?
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

You wait just a little longer for the salesman to swim into one of his tunnels, then start digging out rock from your tunnel to make a nest. Since you aren't very efficient at digging and tunneling yet, though, you don't make too much progress. You quickly fill up (5 DNA), although the fact that most of the nutrients have been used up makes you upset. You then expel a little more nutrients. And eat some more, until you're full (3 DNA).

You have dug out a bit of a hollow. It's wider than the tunnel it was before, but not by much. maybe enough to live in for a while. The plant in the entrance camouflages it from predators, and keeps your nest warm. One the other end is the tunnel that you dug your nest from. Your spent nutrients appear to have floated down and out of your nest through this hole.

You have 4 hp

you have 6 stomach (full, for now)

You have 18 DNA

You can reproduce/evolve now, if you want.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Is it one evoltution regardless of how much DNA we have? I'd say evolve more before we bother reproducing and if we only get one then I say slime.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Grow Eye, Depth Perception, Flagellum, Teeth
4 + 4 + 4 + 4 = 16
And I think thicken Membrane would be good too bringing us to 18 DNA points used.

And I don't think we have only one evolution at a time, its more limited by the number of DNA we have. At least thats what the GiTP thread shows.
Shifter55
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Shifter55 »

Grow teeth, Thicken Membrane, Produce Slime, Grow Eye
4+2+5+4=15
Produce slime could be quite useful if we are going to make a nest if it can be rubbed into/onto things, if not I vote for this:
Silverware wrote:Grow Eye, Depth Perception, Flagellum, Teeth, Thick Membrane
4 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 2 = 18
Can we chew something without eating it if we have teeth? Also make sure we reproduce outside the hollow, I don't think we want competition.
Why limit yourself to being just human?
ThirdEmperor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ThirdEmperor »

Well, I'm back, and here's what I think we should evolve: Grow Horn (4), Grow Spines (6), Grow Teeth (4), Increase Mass (4). I cannot describe how useful spines are, or how much of a difference an extra health point makes. After that, I say we go ruin that salesman's day. With our new evolutions, we should be a match for him, and with decent tactics we'll make a five-star meal outta that slimy creep.
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

You slide enough of yourself out of your nest to split, keep yourself inside the cave, and send your offspring out. Once you complete the split, and have thoroughly shaken up your DNA, you stick your newly formed eyes out to glare at... the completely identical copy of you glaring back, and baring his teeth at you. He then turns around, wiggling his flagellum. If you knew what a cat was, you'd say it resembled one twitching it's tail. Except, a cat wouldn't do it to move around.
Good riddance to potential competition. You return to expanding your nest as fast as you can, although you find you cannot absorb rock through your thicker membrane now. So, you just use your mouth. Not feeling too hungry, you take a bite, spit it out, and then take another. That isn't to say you don't swallow any of it (2 DNA), but you don't really eat much, either.
The tunnel leading deeper in proves useful in this endeavor, as it sucks the chips of rock you tear up down into unknown depths. Not that the current's any stronger, but it's more noticeable with smaller objects. And you still don't make much progress.

You have 4 hp

you have 6 stomach (full for now)

You have 2 DNA
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

I agree with third, lets go ruin the day of the salesman. Try to sneak up behind it and bite it on the bum.
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

Feeling braver with your new improved teeth and flagellum, you exit your nest, and then follow the freshest slime trail into another cave. After a couple twisting turns, you spy the salesman. You swim at him before he has time to even notice you, and take a nice chunk out of him. Roaring, he turns around and unleashes his beam of slime at you. Even though he didn't get a bullseye, it still feels pretty painful.
He then takes a charge at you, missing you entirely. You take the opportunity, and bite him again. He lets out more of a squeak, and starts trying to flee. not before he lets off another jet of slime, but he misses entirely.

you have 2 Health

You have 4 stomach

you have 2 DNA

You guys are incredebly lucky, with rolls like that.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Lets charge and take him down, I've always trusted my luck, it usually works. =P
If we can take this one I say we think about evolutions to make us strong enough to take them down easily, then hunt their species to extinction.
Shifter55
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Shifter55 »

Attempt to bite him while staying away from his slime blaster. If he heads towards a wall make sure he can't get his back up against it, you do not want a ranged attacker to constrict the directions you can attack him from.
Attempting to hunt these guys to extinction sounds like a great way to force an evolutionary reaction to you.
Why limit yourself to being just human?