The Spore Game -- species A

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

ThirdEmperor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: The Spore Game -- species A

Post by ThirdEmperor »

Use our slime blasters to give us extra speed as we dive for the bottom, nom some dirt real quick and then flee for our life.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

No it looks like thats taking our stomach, SWIM down unassisted, eat and then flee.
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

(slime blaster does not use stomach. you do use 2 stomach/round, though)

You swim downwards as fast as you can, in order to eat dirt. Once you feel the ground, you start eating away at it as fast as possible (3 DNA). You then flee towards... well, in the direction you estimate your nest to be. After a short while, you manage to realize that you can see again, albeit your vision is still blurry. You also realize that you were swimming uphill, and your nest is down hill, so you turn around.
After a short time, you reach your nest, tired and still hungry. The midgets swimming around outside your nest are still un-furred, eating away at the ground. But, that's not a matter that concerns you, as you enter your nest.
You see the double that stayed behind. He's shoving a couple more midgets into the stock-pile, and you realize one of them is a furry midget. So much for avoiding them like the plague.
You also realize that he's carved out more of the nest while you were away.
Besides the main lobby, which was your handiwork in the first place, there are the three rooms carved out earlier, one of which is the stockpile, and the drain tunnel. However, there is a new room attached at the location the drain tunnel was. The tunnel is still there, just further away now. As well, there are two more (smaller) rooms off of the main lobby, and a larger sized room connected to the new drain-room, and to one of the old rooms via a second "door".

you have 1 health
you have 4 stomach
you have 9 DNA
Flaming Leaches And Beetles On Rye Toast... my name is an acronym...
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Hmm, industrious fellow isn't he... We really need to come up with a way to communicate one of these days. Chemicals(pheromones seem to be how others did it), colors, motion, vibrations, or outright telepathy; I don't care but we need something. Are we just too early or is there a prerequisite we need to evolve first?

Kill the furry midget, kill it quickly and from a distance. In the tunnel/rooms it shouldn't be hard to hit it but I'm actually more worried about a violent reaction from our brother. I wonder how he caught it without getting numbed...
ThirdEmperor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ThirdEmperor »

I think the Furry Midget is dead. If it isn't, make it so.

Then, head out and find the largest rock we shift, cover the rock in slime and carve out a new cave next to it, herd a few normal midgets into the new cave and move the rock so it covers the entrance.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

No one gonna say anything about sleeping? I'm fine with doing what Third said, but I say we sleep first.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Sleep, then find a place to store live midgets.
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

You take a nap in one of the rooms. A much needed nap.
When you wake up, you float out to look around the immediate area near your cave to find a large rock, that you can move.
After a while, you find a large enough rock. It's actually huge, but hollow, with a hole in one side, but none of the other sides. You shrug, which is a sort of simple wiggle with you, and cover it with slime. You then carve out a tunnel beside it, of course using your slime gun, since you can't burrow well otherwise. You mange to carve out a pretty good sized hole, then realize that because you want the midgets you push into here to be able to eat, you should leave some bare rock. So, you suck up some of your slime best you can, and instantly spit it back out, out of the cave, just because the idea of actually eating your own slime is appalling.
Eventually, you have a bare patch large enough that you feel you can herd a few midgets in. Speaking of which, a pack of them swims just over head as you rise out of your midget-pen. However, given your best tries, you cannot seem to herd them any which way. No matter which way you blast them, they just don't move the way you want. You should probably evolve some sort of brain.

you have 4 health
you have 2 stomach
you have 9 DNA
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

You swim over to the stockpile to munch for a few moments (6 DNA), to observe your double's handiwork. But, you are distracted and suddenly more interested by the corpse of the furry midget. You notice a pair of ears hidden in the woolly fur, and a fairly large... well, voice box. Split into three sections, actually, as if it could produce three notes at once. You didn't hear anything while you saw the live ones, but that could have been from the fact that you don't have ears.
You also realize that the toxins it produces drain out of those hairs fairly quickly. If it's not actively producing them, it seems to run out almost instantly. And it can't produce them while it's dead. :) . The problem is, you had such a hard time making any dead. You're not even sure if you did.

you have 4 hp
you have 3 stomach
you have 15 DNA
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Go back to our nest, since we can't make the buggers move.
Fill up on rock then split.

Evolve Ears, Voice Box, and if we get 1 more dna from eating also get numbing toxins.

So we can talk and work in a group. and out toxins will be that much more awesome.
Also will the numbing toxin affect our slime?
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

I second Silverware's vote.

Another advantage of that would be if we can discover how the midgets communicate and imitate sounds or pheromones or whatever to attract them. Then we wouldn't have to herd them to capture them.

And ya, if the numbing toxins are incorporated into our slime we could weave webs or coat the walls to keep midgets in, or all sorts of other fun uses.
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

You start to swim to your nest... then realize, that in swimming over to the stockpile, you swam into your nest already!
Well, being there, you decide you want to eat some rocks, even though you're a carnivore. You take a few munches (3 DNA), and then split. This time, you have ended up with two holes, side by side, on top of your "head", just above your eyes. You've also got a voice box like you saw on the furry midget... but, examining it closer, yours isn't split into three. You can only produce a single note. Hmmph. And finally, your slime seems even yellower now. Your toxins are able to numb a foes senses, making him unable to move.
You then try making some experimental noises. Your newest double, as well as the one that had already been in the cave, and his new double, also all try out their new voice boxes. The resulting noise is a bit much, but then you realize something. Together, you can produce four notes at once. That means that, together, you could fool the midgets, if you could figure out which sounds they use to mean what.

And if you could convey this idea to your doubles.

you have 4 hp
you have 6 stomach
you have 2 DNA
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

I don't think working that closely together will be possible with our limited intelligence.
So for now lets just float past and squirt slime onto them, to stun them so we can tow them into the hole.
It'll work just as well for capturing them
When we get about 8 - 12 of them into the hole cover the entrance with slime and make another hole for the next group of 8 - 12
Also full up on food when we get the first group in.
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

You attempt once more to capture the midgets. This time you use weakened beams of slime to deliver the numbing toxins... which ends up simultaneously delivering your other toxins, killing the midgets in a matter of moments.
Even when a furry midget swims by, you discover you can't stun it without killing it, because your toxins are too strong for such small cells. So you end up just simply shooting to kill, and hauling them into your stock pile.
You also eat a couple of them, just to keep full (6 DNA).

you have 4 hp
you have 6 stomach
you have 8 DNA
adelbert60
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by adelbert60 »

Midgets are getting a bit boring explore a bit and look for a larger more intresting creatur to devourer.