The Spore Game -- species A

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Re: The Spore Game -- species A

Post by jwa8402 »

Silverware wrote:But the rocks allow us to avoid ingesting poisons, and to avoid combat as much as possible. Also long term if we get to space stage its easier to eat rock than terraform an asteroid. =P
But eating our enemies babys is so much more fun :)
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

There is that. Maybe if we can get acid we can settle for melting their babies in our poisonous acids.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Oh Silverware, you really know how to make my day.
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

You finish off the sulfur (3 DNA), and then split. The way that slimy stuff flies everywhere when you do attests to your rapidly changing DNA. Once it settles, you discover that you have a new organelle, prossesing the sulfur you ate, and other minerals, into toxins. As well, you now have a thin layer of slime coating yourself, and can blast it out of your mouth at high pressure. And, you don't really want to eat the rocks in your cave anymore. You still can, and eat some to fill up (2 DNA), but what you really want is some tasty cells.

you have 4 hp
you have 5 stomach
you have 4 DNA
Flaming Leaches And Beetles On Rye Toast... my name is an acronym...
ThirdEmperor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ThirdEmperor »

Sweet. Now, head outside, kill a couple Midgets. Eat as much as we can, drag the rest into a small pile outside our cave, and blast anything that comes to feed on them.

Also, two questions: Is our slime acidic, and can we safely eat something covered in it?
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Yes, kill the midgets. As it seems my previous suggestions were ignored =(
Ohwell.
But we DO need toxic slime and then strong toxins.
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

(Silverware, your suggestions where not ignored, but outvoted. sorry)

You exit the cave, looking for midgets to kill. After a couple failed attempts to chase them down, you try out your new slime jet.
You discover first off that you need to anchor yourself down to aim accurately. You secondly discover that the midgets fall so easily to you now, that you've killed more than you could possibly eat in one sitting by the time the rest swim off in fright. After that it's like a shooting gallery, one comes out of hiding, and instantly falls.
Getting bored after a while, you gather up all the midgets and bring them into the cave. That's when you remember that you forgot to split outside of your cave. Your double is still in there, and while you've been shooting midgets, he's been expanding the cave by cutting it like the salesman was. He even managed to create three separate rooms. So, you put all the midgets into one of the rooms.

you have 4 hp
you have 3 stomach
you have 4 DNA
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

As far as I can tell there was only one other vote there =\

Well seeing as we are where we are lets eat corpses till we are full then see if we can shoot a stream of slime that is pencil thin, if we can we should make the entrance tunnel smooth and circular and the area around it smooth and flat as well, then draw a picture of ourself in the wall with the pencil of slime.

If we can't then smooth it for looks and go after another salesman, see if we can take them easily.
ThirdEmperor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ThirdEmperor »

I say, let's go exploring, find something bigger and tastier to eat. Heck, we could even find some carnivores to use as livestock. Feed em a steady supply of Midgets, kill em when they get fat, profit. For now though: Explore!
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Getting another GDNA for the super poison should be a prerogative too, because that shit'll fuck things up.
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

(Silverware, it was you against jwa8402 & third emperor. That's how you were outvoted)

You chow down on your stockpile, until you are full (12 DNA). Since your... Sibling? Offspring? Parent?... also ate from the stockpile, you guess it won't last as long as you first thought, but it will still last some time. You decide to smooth out the entrance of your cave, removing the plant hiding it and then using your jets to cut away the rough stone, and then replace the plants.
You then leave the nest, looking for something bigger than some midgets to stock up on, and your double follows you. You enter another one of the caves through which the slime trails of a salesman or two go, looking to find and hunt another one. You eventually find one, but by this time have lost your double in the twisting mazes.
Almost instantly, a jet of slime, not your own, and since it's not your double's, it must be the salesman's. You notice almost right away that there is no golden sparkle, but that's not very important yet. You shoot back at the salesman, and score a hit! But, just as you realize this, you get hit back.

you have 1 hp
you have 6 stomach (full)
you have 16 DNA
ThirdEmperor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ThirdEmperor »

Uh oh.

Kay, fire and dive into the nearest tunnel that will keep him from having a direct shot at us. Then, wait. When he shows himself, fire all cannons and release our grip when it looks like he's going to return fire, hopefully hurling ourselves out of his jet's way.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Agree with third, we are screwed until we get more hp.
And I didnt see Jwa's post, musta missed it in that case all good =P
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Agreed, avoid getting hit at all costs. I wonder how much damage we did to the salesman; can we just hide and wait for him to die?
So your saying the jet pushes us unless we are anchored right? Makes sense to use it to escape if need be. I wonder if we could learn to channel it in more than one direction for quick maneuvers...Might as well get in a shot first if we can, but where the heck is our double?! Some sort of control/hive mind would be handy.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

haha yeah use it like a set of thrusters =P
Could be very fun, and fast