The Spore Game -- Species B

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Re: The Spore Game -- Species B

Post by kittenpillar100 »

loose all the spikes, charge away, and use our horn like a mini-machete to slice through the vines.
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

we're already out of the vines, we're back in the tunnel to the big cavern i think. but losing all the spikes would probably be a good idea, as it should reduce our size
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

You fire as many spines as you can. And miss. And miss. And miss. And miss. And miss!
The thing seems to be able to shift it's center of mass around SO FAST, you just. can't. hit. it.
So, you flee. as if you weren't fleeing before, but now your going triple time down that tunnel.
When you emerge into the cavern, you startle a squidy alpha, swimming close to the entrance, but don't care. You dive bomb into a cluster of the tangled plant, munching on some of it's flowers as you go past (5 DNA), and then hide in it.
As you watch, an eye eventually emerges from the tunnel. And there's a red flash as it scans for heat. For it's troubles, it gets an eye full of ink from the squidy you startled.

4 hp
3 stomach
21 DNA
Last edited by flabort on Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:14 am, edited 4 times in total.
Flaming Leaches And Beetles On Rye Toast... my name is an acronym...
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

uh, DNA at bottom of post
EDIT: and stomach and health

anyway let's see how the lighthouse and the solar leaf get on with each other.
(the thing with leaf teeth).
Last edited by kittenpillar100 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

the lighthouse is the thing with the leaf teeth. but it doesn't seem to be coming through the hole, just poking a single eye tentacle through as though it's either cautious or can't hit. i say we move quickly and bite the eye off while it's covered in ink, just to show who's boss here
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

I thought the lighthouse was different to the laser shooting one. Man am I confuzzled.
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

huh, whu, what? now you've confused me as well x3. the lighthouse is the rotating cell in the centre of the cavern which emits light and has photosynthetic teeth. the one with the lasery eyes i shall now name "medusa"
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Why is the lighthouse killing us, it didn't get inked medusa did.
Bluh my brain is melting.
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

For a moment you can't figure out which cell is which. There's two cells giving off light, and if ou had a brain, you'd be sure it was melting. Then you realize that the lighthouse is still in the middle of the cavern, just sitting there, just rotating, not attacking at all.
It's the Medusa (+1 DNA) that's poking an eye through. Or, now there's two more, since the one got inked. And three spiky tentacles. One of which has just struck the squidy, causing whatever that purple fluid is to spray around. However, you get to see what the fluid seems to be from here, now. It seems that the Medusa's spikes are starting to dissolve. Or, digest.
Having gotten through the tunnel entirely, the Medusa then proceeds to open her mouth and emit some sort of sound. You can't hear it, so all it looks like is her opening her mouth.
You where hoping the lighthouse would attack her, or she would attack the lighthouse, and then she would be killed or weakened, but no such luck. She sweeps her infrared vision over you, and deduces your hiding spot like you weren't even hidden.

5 hp
1 stomach
22 DNA
Last edited by flabort on Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

swim like we've never swam before as well as of course eating on the way to refill some of our stomach, and hide behind the lighthouse. also, due to our regenerative abilites, shouldn't we have gained 1 hp both of the last two turns

ed: just noticed that under the tentacle evolution it says +1 strength. did you mean attack?
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

vidboi wrote:swim like we've never swam before as well as of course eating on the way to refill some of our stomach, and hide behind the lighthouse. also, due to our regenerative abilites, shouldn't we have gained 1 hp both of the last two turns

ed: just noticed that under the tentacle evolution it says +1 strength. did you mean attack?
*Facepalm*
Thank you, thank you.
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

1 dna bonus how come were still on 21?
Anyways evolve tentacle, fur and static fur for 20 dna to stop him grabbing us and tentacle him, spine him and be as horny as possible with the large spike on our face :lol: . Not even he can survive that.
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

i don't think it's a wise idea to evolve during combat. doesn't it leave us immobile for some time?
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

You fire of several spines that have regrown, aiming to strike the medusa. You manage to actually hit it with one shot, making it madder. Having hit it, you swim and hide behind the lighthouse, trying to confuse the medusa. Or get the two of them to fight.
No beans. The medusa swims around the lighthouse as if it wasn't there, heading straight for you. It's ticked off that one squidy, which keeps charging and then pulling away at the last moment, spraying flecks of that purple fluid onto the medusa, but not directly attacking.
Having been spotted again, you dive down into one of the groups of the fast growing vines, which the Dynamites eat. You take a bite or two yourself (3 DNA), to keep from starving, but the medusa is still after you.

you have 6 hp
you have 7 stomach
you have 25 DNA
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

I haven't been participating, but have been watching with quite some interest since this topic started. Just a quick suggestion.

Seeing as the creature apparently utilizes some form of thermal vision, would ejecting mass give it conflicting signals, since the mass ejected would concievably be for a short time quite warm, and distort its thermal vision enough to allow escape?

Ignore this if I am completely wrong, since I don't wish to intrude on the experience which others have so far created and maintained.