The Spore Game -- Species B

A section for that silly thing called "role play" and other forum games.

Moderators: th15, Moderators

jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Re: The Spore Game -- Species B

Post by jwa8402 »

That or the algae net seems appealing.
zoojoo717
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by zoojoo717 »

yeah, since a algae net would probably also let us get the midgets.
Please check out my ships and leave a comment! :)
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5706&p=116436#p116436
STARSTRUCK

Post by STARSTRUCK »

Grow the nematocyst for 6DNA.

Murder route is best route.
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

@zoojoo: Algae Net may let you constantly eat algae whatever you're doing, but it only works on algae. It will not let you trap and eat midgets.

update expected around 3-ish today, mountain time. you have around 5.5 hours left.
Flaming Leaches And Beetles On Rye Toast... my name is an acronym...
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

i like STARSTRUCK's idea of he killing machine route. however i'd say first get a mouth and teeth, them nematocysts. also, i don't think there's much to do down here, so if looking around more doesn;t reveal anything good, go through the tunnel pumping out
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Post by kittenpillar100 »

I think that we should grow a mouth and an eye, It would be useful seeing things rather than feeling ripples. When we have our mouth and eyeball, go out the tunnel and then stab and eat something.

The combustors (exploding guys) look dangerous and weird so I think we should keep away from them.
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

You split, rearranging your DNA haphazardly. It settles after a while, and you try and figure out what's different.
Apparently you've got a mouth. Good, good. Oh, and an eye. Now you can actually see stuff.
...You glance over at the new cell you've created. Apparently, he didn't agree with you. He's got a mouth, too, but it's full of nasty looking teeth. You... don't have teeth. He doesn't have an eye, though, so you've got an advantage over him, should you have a difference of opinion.
It, however, doesn't even seem to care about you. It just charges at the herd of small cells.
Apparently it got one, as an explosion rips through the rapidly scattering pack. After a moment, they regroup in a much smaller group, although at the pace they keep reproducing, you guess that they'll be at full strength soon. They then swim into one of the pipes, against the current.
You, however, seeing nothing of real interest, swim down the one pipe flowing outwards. It gets chillier as you go, and a few crystals of ice brush by. The tunnel joins up with a few others, and each time the current gets much stronger. Eventually, you spy a side passage that you manage to actually swim into. The increased current is too much for you, any further and you could have been ripped to shreds.
You are now in a cavern coated in ice. There's another pack of the exploding cells roaming in this cavern, as well as a larger cell that appears to be hunting them. you think he's an idiot.
There is a bare patch of rock right near the exploding cells, out of which some very stringy vines grow. Very rapidly. the exploding cells appear to be eating it, as well as clearing the ice away from the patch where it grows. clever.

You have 3 hp

you have 1 stomach

you have 0 DNA
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Try some of the vines, unless the exploding creatures are too territorial. Now they seem like guys to have a symbiotic relationship with!

*Edit* Whats the larger cell doing to hunt them? Anything effective?
vidboi
Tournamentator
Tournamentator

Post by vidboi »

observe the hunter and see what happens. also, try and clear some of the ice and see if any vines grow. if they do, eat them. also, what happened to teethy? did he died?
There is no OP, there is only more boosters...
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

No, the toothy was just unwilling to follow. unwilling to enter the cave.

remember that no matter the idea, post it! even if you just second another player, the more votes the better.
kittenpillar100
Commander
Commander

Post by kittenpillar100 »

Try and eat some of the delicious vines, with our new mouth we can eat stuff better. Examine the larger cell, if he kills himself we can eat whats left of him and if not we can observe him to see if he has any interesting evoloutions.
I think the induction of "LOL" "OMG" and "<3" into the Oxford English Dictionary is a sign of the End Times. Only, instead of a rider on a pale horse, it'll be a gibberish-spewing spastic in a monster truck named "The Dildozer".
zoojoo717
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by zoojoo717 »

second'd kitten
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

You try to get to the nummy looking vines. After much pushing and shoving, you get to them, and take a few bites. The exploding cells don't really notice that you aren't one of them, which is good.
They are very fibrous. Not actually tasty, not many nutrients, but VERY filling (3 DNA). you guess that in order to reproduce so fast, the exploding cells need to eat a lot, or if they can't, their food has to be really filling. Must be the reason they eat this.
The bigger cell appears to be hunting them through an unusual method. He grabs on with his primitive limbs, pokes a minute hole with his needle like mouth, and sucks fluids out of the cells. He then lets them go, for them to float off and continue eating the plants. The fact that he didn't set off an explosion is pretty clever.

You notice all of a sudden that cheesepuff was carried off in the current that brought you here! Being lucky enough to get out of the current, you guess you didn't notice that right away due to relief, or something.

You have 3 hp

You have 6 stomach (Over-full. You will take 1 damage per turn until you are no longer over full)

You have 3 DNA
zoojoo717
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by zoojoo717 »

We should expell some of the stuff in our stomach so we aren't overfull.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

As for evolution, I vote we try to devote some excess mass to thickening our membrane, in case we get attacked or one of those things explodes too close to us. If for some reason we can't do that right now, just expel some mass to avoid damage. Unless we can reproduce but we have to wait another turn right? And how will it work once theres more of us anyway?

As far as action, are we taking any damage from the cold? Is there any way to use the vines for shelter if need be?